Any Questions? Off the Enchantment yesterday

On Coco Cay, do they still have the get together on the deck near the wave runners for D+ suites and Pinnacle like they did on the Monarch?..thanks

Yes, someone recently posted a photo of the Coco Cay cocktail party hosted by Enchantment.

Haven't been on Royal lately and never on Enchantment.

Can you tell me about Cafe Lattitudes.

I was thinking it might be like the one on Navigator -- there was regular coffee and treats complementary and there was another area and counter that had for fee fancy coffee drinks and Ben & Jerry's icecream all within the same area.

Does it work like that? Just booked June 3 sailing.

Thanks,

Linda

One other thing I meant to mention was the Coke Freestyle machines. We only saw two on the ship and they weren't in good locations for during the day. There was one in front of the NextCruise office on Deck 6 Centrum and one on the left part of the Windjammer, which was useless unless the WJ was open.

Did they keep the Freestyle machines well stocked? I know someone who went on Enchantment a couple of weeks ago who said a lot of selections (including regular Coke and several of the flavors) were sold out the entire cruise. The machines were never serviced to replace the empty cartridges. I was just wondering if this was a one time thing or was a pattern on Enchantment.

I really appreciate all of the information and Compasses. This will be our very first cruise and I really had no idea what to expect :) It will be my husband and I along with our son, 13, and daughter, 4.

Kelly

Edited by Rippahsgirl

Peeked at the compass, thanks so much for posting that, my first cruise is coming up July 5 and I just want to know what to expect a little. I've been reading this board all day and night I can't even focus on the compass right now will save it for tomorrow!! Can't wait to read more reviews. Unfortunately I'm only in an ocean view room and I'm sure that's where I'll be staying. Maybe one of these days ill get a fancy room!

Are you kidding? ONLY in an oceanview room? I just got off the Enchantment 5/10 sailing and the oceanview rooms that I saw were quite nice. My cabin was even nicer...Panoramic Oceanview. Here's the link to my thread; after opening it, you'll need to scroll down a bit to see the photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1845611&page=2

I really appreciate all of the information and Compasses. This will be our very first cruise and I really had no idea what to expect :) It will be my husband and I along with our son, 13, and daughter, 4.

Kelly

You are very welcome. Enjoy your cruise!

Looking forward to seeing the compasses. I finally convinced DH to let me book this cruise in October when our kids are on fall break. We'll be combining it with a trip to Universal. We've never done a "short" cruise, and always on bigger ships, so he's afraid he won't like it, especially without a "Promenade" area. But, I convinced him, he's happy there is a Diamond lounge, and hopefully there will be enough to keep all six of us entertained for four days (I have no doubts but he does). ;) Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to be upgraded to the royal Family Suite too. :D

I am in the same boat! Ha! :) I usually do the longer cruises as well and always bigger/newer ships. Never an aft balcony either so definitely quite a change but I am pretty excited! Ha...love the promenade as well. :( Here is to a fabulous cruise!

I am in the same boat! Ha! :) I usually do the longer cruises as well and always bigger/newer ships. Never an aft balcony either so definitely quite a change but I am pretty excited! Ha...love the promenade as well. :( Here is to a fabulous cruise!

I don't know what room you have, but we had a corner aft royal family suite and it really was nice. I prefer side balconies to be honest, but the aft balconies are so much larger on Enchatment, so we thoroughly enjoyed it. The only negative I can think of was the sun beaming in during the afternoon was so hot when we were in Nassau and on our day at sea that we had to keep the curtains shut. Otherwise, the living room would be unbearably hot. That being said, it wasn't a big problem because we weren't in the room in the afternoon anyways.

Enjoy your cruise and I hope the compasses helped! We really enjoyed our trip for a short cruise. It's not Freedom or Oasis, but like I said, its a massive upgrade from Majesty and Monarch and we thoroughly enjoyed our short vacation. Park Cafe and the wonderful food was a great surprise and the solarium and huge pool deck really makes the ship feel the perfect size.

Enjoy!

• 1 year later...
Yes I have 20 pictures or so of it. It's a great room, it has a DVD player and huge TV in the living room, which would be great if you have younger kids. The balcony is absolutely unbelievable. It's huge. Your family will love it. The only thing is that there are so many windows, you have to keep the curtains shut during the day of the sun is shining or the room will be so hot. Take advantage of ordering dinner to your balcony one night. It is a suite perk and it is so relaxing. You can order off the MDR menu and they will set your table with a tablecloth and silverware.

I feel your pain on the cost. This was an upgrade, but the space was addicting. We are going to be upgrading to a RFS for Allure and it looks like it will run over 10k. The price makes me want to cry, but as long as we can afford it, I can't pass up the extra space and bathroom, not to mention the double points and CL lounge.

Thank you for this thorough and honest review. I've been on the Enchantment before, but will be in the same RFS for our upcoming cruise. I know it can be a pain to upload, but I would love to see your photos of #8166 if you ever find time to post them.