Room Service Hot Breakfast

retafcruiser

I read in another forum that hot breakfasts are only available from room service for those in penthouse staterooms and above. It was stated that people in "lower" catagories would only be served a continental breakfast. It is hard to believe this is true considering almost all other cruise lines offer a hot menu. Is this true?

Yes it is true, I believe it is A veranda and up. We were in a A1 because of being upgraded, the menu was no big deal at all, ordered in couple of times. It isn't worth a few g,s more for the room to get.

It's true, but that doesn't mean you can't go to Terrace or the GDR if you want a hot breakfast.

Considering the price differential in rooms, that can be worth it ...

I have to say that we've pretty much always cruised in the cabins that get the hot breakfast, but we used to always go to Terrace or GDR for breakfast. GDR on days when we didn't have a tour, Terrace if we were needing to leave early. (I should also add that we never went to the GDR for breakfast until we took my mother on a cruise and she wanted to go there ... since then, we go there if we have the time. Love those lamb chops! Sometimes mothers CAN teach you!)

Considering that lots of perks that used to be only for the elite cabins are now available for everybody, I'm guessing that sooner or later the hot breakfast in your cabin will be available for everybody.

But probably not in time for YOUR cruise.

Mura

I upgraded.Along with room size and tub.(on Regatta). The cabins and bathroom are SO SMALL in regular cabins that I find it necessary to go up to Penthouse on these 2 ships.

We found this out on Insignia and only could get Continental.Really wish they d provide this to ALL cabins,its NOT A MASS MARKET line and was really surprised at this.When they say 24 hr.room service one just ASSUMES full breakfast,but NO.:confused:

We found this out on Insignia and only could get Continental.Really wish they d provide this to ALL cabins,its NOT A MASS MARKET line and was really surprised at this.When they say 24 hr.room service one just ASSUMES full breakfast,but NO.:confused:

So, are there also significant differences in available lunch and dinner menu items? If I pay these prices and find I am still a "lesser than" it will certainly be a deal breaker.:(

I believe the other menu's are the same. There is the opportunity to have dinner served by your butler, if your room has one, from the speciality rest menus. We never got too hung up on room service as we enjoy leaving our room to interact with the other pass, crew and enjoy the ship.

So, are there also significant differences in available lunch and dinner menu items? If I pay these prices and find I am still a "lesser than" it will certainly be a deal breaker.:(

No, there are no dining rooms for certain class of pax only.

Continental breakfast for below concierge level is the difference. If you really want something hot for breakfast and do not want to leave your cabin you could order a steak or such off the room service menu I suppose but no bacon, no eggs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I certainly could be, but I thought that the butlers prepare the hot breakfast, not one of the kitchens. That could explain why only suites get the hot breakfast.

If the hot breakfasts DO come from one of the restaurants, then I agree that it doesn't make much sense why only the top categories of cabins have this benefit.

Mura

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I certainly could be, but I thought that the butlers prepare the hot breakfast, not one of the kitchens. That could explain why only suites get the hot breakfast.

If the hot breakfasts DO come from one of the restaurants, then I agree that it doesn't make much sense why only the top categories of cabins have this benefit.

Mura

I doubt my gorgeous butler cooks. Lol

The "sense" is that it is an incentive to get folks to book a higher priced cabin. It would not motivate me but apparently the hot breakfast is a big deal for some

Oceania is so proactive, Customer Service-wise, that I'm positive that the hot breakfast issue is more due to the limited pantry facilities on the R ships than a sales technique.

174058.jpgBy the way, Butlers don't cook anything, they serve it......beautifully-

For those in "non-hot breakfast" accomodations there are alternates. GDR and Terrace cafe. The hot breakfast, access to Executive and Concerige lounges, early embarkation, butler, etc. can be had with a pricer booking. Each cruise brand defines itself with different pricing structures.

True, those who have cruised on other lines with all hot breakfast cabins, could be disappointed because of their expectations. But this goes for a number of aspects of cruising.

For those in "non-hot breakfast" accomodations there are alternates. GDR and Terrace cafe. The hot breakfast, access to Executive and Concerige lounges, early embarkation, butler, etc. can be had with a pricer booking. Each cruise brand defines itself with different pricing structures.

True, those who have cruised on other lines with all hot breakfast cabins, could be disappointed because of their expectations. But this goes for a number of aspects of cruising.

I agree. Oceania defines the product. If you want the product you take it as offered. If the product doesn't suit you (eg you must have hot breakfast in your cabin or anything else) you pick a line that delivers what you want and need.

I agree. Oceania defines the product. If you want the product you take it as offered. If the product doesn't suit you (eg you must have hot breakfast in your cabin or anything else) you pick a line that delivers what you want and need.

+1

What's more important - hot breakfast in your cabin (HAL, Celebrity, Princess) or 4 outstanding specialty restaurants at no extra cost (Oceania O class)?

Each person can decide for themselves :)

+1

What's more important - hot breakfast in your cabin (HAL, Celebrity, Princess) or 4 outstanding specialty restaurants at no extra cost (Oceania O class)?

+2 It scares me when I agree with you so much!:)

+1

+4

No one is being forced to cruise on Oceania as far as I have seen.:confused:

I often agree with your comments, but not this one.

I think that if you want something different from a line that you otherwise love, or that you think you would love, then you should try to garner support for your idea and if many agree, you may find changes to your liking. :)

I often agree with your comments, but not this one.

I think that if you want something different from a line that you otherwise love, or that you think you would love, then you should try to garner support for your idea and if many agree, you may find changes to your liking. :)

Yes, and you may then find, as we have several times, that the Cruise Line is driven out of the market by trying to be all things to all people (Sitmar and Home Lines), or cheapened into a coarse parody (Holland America).

The "Oceania Experience" in general is at such a high level that the less expensive cabins are already a marvelous value for money.

:)

The chocolate croissants and fresh fruit were so delicious I ate them every morning!

( and greek yogurt)

+1

Love those fresh berries. Although I have to admit that I substituted the yogurt for eggs benedict (or over & easy with bacon) as I don't normally have either of those at home :D

+1

That's the "big picture" as I see it also... as well as half the passengers, few if any urchins, and the pleasure of others company and conversation.. I am an earily riser ( before dawn) and enjoy, no thrill to the beauty of dawn at sea as seen from the expanse of an open deck.

:oToo, I much prefer dining in a dining room or restaurant than in the confines of my cabin.

We only eat a hot breakfast at home if my husband makes it for an occasional Sunday. The only time we eat in our cabin is if we have an early tour. We have never had a hot breakfast in our cabin even when it was an option. Totally unimportant!!!

I find the hot breakfasts in cabin a necessity. For instance, early shore excursions that we will be very active and be gone more than 4 hours (we like to fuel up prior to activities). But to each his own. For sea days, more leisurely breakfast in the MDR or Terrace will be our choice. But we like to have the option of hot breakfast in cabin on a port intensive itinerary.

For those who feel a hot breakfast in-cabin is a necessity, there is an option...a higher priced booking.

Oceania has defined their brand by the designation of some features by class of booking. Other brands charge for speciality dining - O does not.

Archived