Concierge Class?

skittl1321

Services

• Priority check-in Pointless and little or no value This is just a separate line and may or may not move faster than the other lines - Sometimes even longer and slower than the regular line, depending on how many people who qualify for it happen to show up at the same time.

• Express luggage delivery No discernible difference in our experience - We have checked in some bags with priority tags and others with the generic pier tags at the same time. It made no difference in the delivery time.

• Personalized Concierge service Never used nor knew anyone who used this - I did. The difference was that in a concierge cabin, there was a push button on the telephone to call the concierge, while in a regular cabin I needed to dial his telephone number -- which required pressing 3 more buttons! The services of the concierge are available to all passengers, not only those staying in concierge class cabins.

• Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs Little or no difference - When we want to get off early, we do self-disembarkation so the "priority" is of no benefit.

• Complimentary shoeshine service Never used this - possible low value Never used this either.

• Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge Little or no value as in all my cruises I've never even seen this let alone used it. I don't even know if it exists at many port - It was another crowded room, one of the restaurants, where people sat around waiting with their hand luggage. Coffee, juice and pastries were available for anyone who wanted them. We didn't partake as we already had breakfast and it didn't look very appealing.

Quoting myself. No one answered, so I thought I'd answer my own question now that I'm home from my cruise. There were only 2 robes. I did not bother asking for another, so I don't know if they would have brought one or not.

If you ask then you can have another robe

Like others, M class gives you larger space in addition to other amenities. We did enjoy the expanded menu, especially for breakfast. DW liked the fresh flowers as a nice touch along with pillow selection. CC departure lounge is okay. And we did like getting to Elite quicker as part of the benefit of booking CC category.

We have always upgraded to CC if cost is within $100/per for the cruise. For that price, we justify the benefits we will use as worth the extra $100/person

On S class we skipped CC due to cost difference and did NOT miss CC.

Once Elite or if needed when Celebrity establishes a higher tier, then the extra cruise credit may come in handy again. :)

Edited by shipshape sam

We booked a CC on the Summit last year which we felt was well worth it for the slightly larger cabin and balcony, not to mention the extra cruise credit which pushed us into Select.

On our upcoming cruise on the Reflection we booked a C2 which was about $100 more for the 2 of us versus a 2A. Again, we wanted the extra cruise credit but primarily we wanted the better location as the C2 allowed us to book a sweet sixteen on the back hump.

We also like the bottle of sparkling wine and the daily savories. Really not interested in the robes and such. The upgrade linens and towels are a definite advantage. Would a pay a lot more for the CC, no but I think we get our money's worth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Many times we do CC for location. We like to be near elevators or stairs. It is very important to us on S Class ships. Just personal preference............

Same here...I couldn't get a regular verandah cabin on a high deck near stairs...Really dislike waiting for elevators so thought being able to get the cabin we wanted plus few extra Concierge perks was worth it.

I probably would gain a few more lbs after a cruise if I took the elevators...Always gain about 5 even taking the stairs frequently!

Like others, M class gives you larger space in addition to other amenities. We did enjoy the expanded menu, especially for breakfast. DW liked the fresh flowers as a nice touch along with pillow selection. CC departure lounge is okay. And we did like getting to Elite quicker as part of the benefit of booking CC category.

We have always upgraded to CC if cost is within $100/per for the cruise. For that price, we justify the benefits we will use as worth the extra $100/person

On S class we skipped CC due to cost difference and did NOT miss CC.

Once Elite or if needed when Celebrity establishes a higher tier, then the extra cruise credit may come in handy again. :)

Where is the departure lounge and what's in it? You are the only one that mentioned using this.

thank you!

just to get cabin 2105 on the Solstice with the large balcony and very close to everything. I love being able to run up one flight of stairs to get ice or a snack for the afternoon and being able to go immediately out to the pool deck. Also, love foot stools. Very much looking forward to staying in this cabin.

Should also add that we paid almost $1,000 less than the inside cabins are going for at the moment. It sometimes pays off to book early!

Edited by Theodorable

I've made a few notations on the list of amenities below. This is my opinion only and you can make up your mind on the value of these and the value of the upgrade. Generally, we always took the CC cabins, even at a much larger expense, on M class ships due to the location and larger size of the CC cabins. But on S class the cabins, other than the minor amenities, are the same so we've not booked a CC cabin other than our first S class sailing and one where the only cabin near some friends was a CC cabin. Other than that we've always found a decent location on a non-cc veranda cabin and would only consider CC if it was the only location that we liked. On the other hand we have booked AQ cabins once and will again for our next cruise - we like these as they have access to Blu in addition to the other amenities.

Services

• Priority check-in Pointless and little or no value This is just a separate line and may or may not move faster than the other lines
  • Express luggage delivery No discernible difference in our experience
  • Personalized Concierge service Never used nor knew anyone who used this
  • Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs Little or no difference
  • Complimentary shoeshine service Never used this - possible low value
  • Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge Little or no value as in all my cruises I've never even seen this let alone used it. I don't even know if it exists at many ports.

Dining

Amenities

• Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists This is usually on the wine menu at a price around $25 to $30
  • Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences - You often have to ask for the pillow menu and often the room steward won't know what you're talking about - you can always ask for a feather pillow or body pillow anyways
  • Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories Some people enjoy these but we don't like what they pass out and prefer other snacks, like a cheese plate, from room service or the afternoon snack selection in the buffet or coffee bar
  • Plush Frette® bathrobes Every cabin does get a bathrobe but these are in fact a nice thick terrycloth compared to the thin waffle fabric bathrobes provided in a standard cabin
  • Fresh fruit This is nice if you want it. It is a fruit bowl refreshed daily, but fruit is also available in the buffet
  • Fresh flowers Nice, but small arraingement
  • Custom-blended bath amenities Same as standard cabins but I think you get shower gel as well as the shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap provided to all lower category cabins
  • Personalized stationery - around 3 or 4 sheets of paper with your name and cabin number at the top
  • Use of binoculars and golf umbrella All cabins get small folding umbrellas and these are larger. Binoculars are cheap toy like items and don't provide much of a function
  • Oversized 100% cotton bath towels These are nicer than the towels in the standard cabins but not worth a lot extra. The standard towels are fine but not quite as big or thick
  • Extra handheld hair dryer It is what it is - my wife brings her own anyways
  • Celebrity tote bag This is slightly nicer zip up tote (beach bag) compared to the bag provided in standard cabins. It is handy but not worth more than about $10

Stateroom Features

• Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead I don't think this applies to the S class ships as I recall a fixed shower head (no hose) on s class CC that was the same as standard cabins.

Not included in the list above is the small footstools provided on S class CC cabin verandas which ate nice to have.

The Pre Departure lounge confuses many. It is the lounge you are sent to at the END of the cruise, has nothing to do with when you board. They could really word this better.

Edited by dkjretired

Where is the departure lounge and what's in it? You are the only one that mentioned using this.

thank you!

Depends on the ship, they will send you a note during the cruise where to meet to leave the ship. This is worded very poorly and means the lounge you go to at the end of the cruise, not while boarding the ship at the beginning.

We prefer the CC cabins. Most of time if we book early enough, we can get a CC cabin in a prime location for $100 - $150 more. We like the footstools and the nicer towels.

With the new point system, we will get to Elite plus a lot sooner.

They do charge a little more for gratuties, but we have always had fantastic cabin attendants.

Like some others have stated, some of the amenities seem to be nonexistent, and I wish Celebrity would correct this feature. Some first time CCers might be disappointed.

I just changed our cabins today for our sailing on the Silhouette in Dec. from a Verandah to a CC, really because I wanted to get the location right next to the center elevators. My friend has had health problems and walking is difficult for her so this is in consideration of her. I have had CC cabin in the past and don't really think that the perks are that big a deal other than I fell in love with the robe, and would love to be able to buy one! Since we have the promo that gives us free drinks the champagne doesn't matter, and half the time we were never even in our room for the canapes, which by the way look horrible from the pictures posted, lol Thankfully I only paid about an additional $70.00 for the cabin, with a two cat. upgrade so we could of had the back cabin, which I declined due to friend having to walk. We are already Elite status, so I guess we can start the long rode to Elite plus

Do you think I can request a Bagel with lox and creme cheese from room service for breakfast in this cat.? We haven't sailed with Celebrity in many years, looking forward to this trip!

According to Celebrity's website, here are the additional services/amenities for Concierge cabins:

Services

• Priority check-in
  • Express luggage delivery
  • Personalized Concierge service
  • Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge

Dining

• Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences
  • Expanded room service menu

Amenities

• Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists
  • Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences
  • Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories
  • Plush Frette® bathrobes
  • Fresh fruit
  • Fresh flowers
  • Custom-blended bath amenities
  • Personalized stationery
  • Use of binoculars and golf umbrella
  • Oversized 100% cotton bath towels
  • Extra handheld hair dryer
  • Celebrity tote bag

Stateroom Features

• Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

We only did CC once on Celebrity on the Century and received NONE of the above except the champagne. and tote bag. It seemed all of the cabins, inside or out, had the same towels, never saw the fruit and had to fill out a special form if you wanted the apps. Actually, this was the worst cabin we have ever had on any cruise and because of this would never sail on the Century again.

Do you think I can request a Bagel with lox and creme cheese from room service for breakfast in this cat.?
You can request, and receive, a bagel with lox and cream cheese from room service in any category stateroom. Just write it in on the breakfast door hanger.

We booked a cruise to Bermuda in CC for $200 less than the Balcony! When I went back in to show my husband it was gone. Good thing I saved it to my cruises as when I called Celebrity they saw it immediately and gave me the CC guarantee (ended up with an aft cabin:). I also got the classic beverage package included!! We ended up with a great cruise package!

We have sailed either CC or AQ and like the extra point but we do like the robes and the fruit in the cabin. If it was way more than a regular balcony I probably would not take it BUT would miss it. Love Blu and could have booked AQ guarantee for $200 more but have AQ in August.

Just one persons opinion:eek:

Happy Sailing no matter what room you choose your on a cruise!