Differences with Azamara

sjde

What are the major differences between these two? They seem almost identical - the ships, clientele, food, I think they both include gratuities and wine, price (when you back out the cost of the free air on Oceania). I'm sure both have excellent service- every cruise line I've been on has. I have been on Azamara, but not Oceania.

Only the small ships are the same as Oceania the 2 O-class ships are in league of their own

Wine is not included on Oceania but they do have beverage packages that my suit your needs

you are also free to bring wine & spirits onboard for use in your cabin or take the wine to the dining venues & pay a corkage fee

There are some promotions on certain cruises that include Gratuities or shop around some TA's include them as well

I have only been on Oceania so the only other differences I know of comparing the R-ships only ...

AZamara has 1 smoking area .... Oceania has 2

Azamara has a coffee cafe ...Oceania does not (so far)

Oceania has no extra charge for the specialty dining rooms or sodas, bottled water

Maybe others who have sailed both will have other differences

There are no less than 4000 threads on this topic. Try a search

Ok. I'm exaggerating a little

True - there are many threads just on this topic both here and on A boards; lots of useful info there.

Try using the search option for "Oceania vs Azamara" and v.v.

If you have trouble with the search we'll help you :)

My Partner & I sailed on Azamara Journey a couple of years ago for 16 days - Panama Canal cruise......we liked the size of the ship & the crew were helpful & discrete...but the ship really needed an overhaul. Tho everything was serviceable it was a bit threadbare....we came away thinking we would try it again at some point...then Oceania came on the scene - we haven't booked w/ O yet but plan on doing so shortly. Friends have raved about their cruises w/ O.

One difference I think is relevant is the Management..Azamara is owned / affiliated w/ Celebrity & RCCL and we believe that is why the ships needed an overhaul.....from what we understand the similar O ships were in tip top condition when they were put into service. O's new ships look fantastic & it seems O's management is on top of the good & bad issues onboard & ashore.

We have been cruising since the mid 1970's( the faboo days of ocean travel) so quality is important - O seems to deliver a semblence of quality where Azamara is at the mercy of the bean counters of RCCL - & it showed.

We would sail on Azamara again if the itin was great but O has our current interest & if they deliver as we have heard we'll stick w/ O.

..we came away thinking we would try it again at some point...then Oceania came on the scene - we haven't booked w/ O yet but plan on doing so shortly. Friends have raved about their cruises w/ O.

Just a small point

Oceania was "on the scene" before Azamara was born

You may have just missed it ;)

Just a small point

In fact, Azamara made itself in the image of Oceania with the idea to compete directly with them :)

I don't recall if we knew of O at the time or not...the itin was our focus - we really were tiredof the changes in the cruise industry & mega ships & the dumbing down of the cruise experience.

We live in Manhattan so Black Tie dinners etc are regular events - we love to eat but found the ships to be limited in quality offered - in recent years we have taken many more land vacations - I do miss being at sea & we always try the restaurants in the ports visited.

Currently - For value & quality O seems to be a good match for us. Hopefully O will maintain the difference & we'll get to enjoy the line.

Just a small point

There are no less than 4000 threads on this topic. Try a search

Ok. I'm exaggerating a little

Im with you..no one seems to check and the same questions keep coming up..the cruise lines are VERY different is all I can say!!

Jancruz1

Archived