Oh, the irony

cl.klink

Not sure this is the place to say this, but ...

As I sift through CC messages, awaiting a cruise almost a year away, reading about criticisms of drink packages and food quality and getting the best stateroom with a steward that provides good service...

my iPad keeps popping up with messages on the escalating death toll from today's OKC tornado. We're getting that same storm now in Missouri. Passing me by now, no worries.

People are dying or losing their homes. And here I am reading the finer points of getting the most from a cruise.

Puts things in perspective.

Sorry for the downer everyone.

- Joel

As I sift through CC messages, awaiting a cruise almost a year away, reading about criticisms of drink packages and food quality and getting the best stateroom with a steward that provides good service...

my iPad keeps popping up with messages on the escalating death toll from today's OKC tornado. We're getting that same storm now in Missouri. Passing me by now, no worries.

People are dying or losing their homes. And here I am reading the finer points of getting the most from a cruise.

- Joel

No apology necessary, Joel. God bless and keep the victims, their families, and all working so hard to rescue and care for them.

Tim

cl.klink....you sure put things into the proper perspective....especially in light of the tragedy unfolding in your area, the Midwest. I also don't understand those with negative comments concerning what others are wearing to dinner; as if that might actually ruin their own vacation. I pray for all the victims, and for you and your family. STAY SAFE!!!

Synchronicity.

At any given time, someone, somewhere is suffering. When it happens close to home, we tend to get a perspective on things like Elite benefits and gratuities.

Our thought and prayers are with the victims, and with those who put it all on the line to protect and serve.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in the Moore area. Very sad Day. It's horrible events like this, that truly put things into perspective.

Hoping everyone at Celebrity's office (and their families) in Wichita, are safe.

- Joel

Not a downer, but a very good dose of reality. Thank you for posting.

Many prayers and good thoughts go out to those who lost loved ones and livelyhoods. :(

- Joel

You have nothing to apologize for Joel. Thank you for bringing everyone back to reality. Worring about drink packages, the quality of food or the type of appetizers being served in Concierge Class seems meanigless when we thing about the tragedy in Oklahoma.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in the Moore area. Very sad Day. It's horrible events like this, that truly put things into perspective.

Hoping everyone at Celebrity's office (and their families) in Wichita, are safe.

Wichita was spared (for the most part) from the tornado Sunday, there was a small touchdown, but no real damage to speak of.

Please do pray for the families in Moore, OK. Hundred's of lives have been effected, and speaking as one who has lost his home in a tornado, that pain never leaves. If there is any way you are able to help, please do so, the donations from complete strangers carried our spirits more than I could ever explain.

As a teacher of 45 years (about to retire in a few weeks!) I am proud again to see teachers put their lives on the line to protect their students. To the teachers in Moore, Newtown and many other locations, I am proud to call you colleagues. Our thoughts are with all those affected by these tragedies.

Thanks Joel. I grew up in Oklahoma right in the heart of tornado alley. We are actually in Oklahoma now visiting family. This time of year you have to expect storms but you never expect the devastation of this storm. This does put some of our concerns in perspective. Thanks everyone for your prayers for those still hard at work and for families of those most affected.

Archived