What about the virgins

My husband and I will be celebrating our birthdays on the Jewel in January. We do not drink beverages that contain alcohol, however we do occasionally like to have a fruity drink such as a virgin Pina Colada etc. Do the virgin drinks cost the same as the regular drinks that contain alcohol? Would there be a package for this kind of drink? This will be our first cruise with RCCL.

My husband and I will be celebrating our birthdays on the Jewel in January. We do not drink beverages that contain alcohol' date=' however we do occasionally like to have a fruity drink such as a virgin Pina Colada etc. Do the virgin drinks cost the same as the regular drinks that contain alcohol? Would there be a package for this kind of drink? This will be our first cruise with RCCL.[/quote']

I don't know about the cost of virgin drinks relative to the non-virgin versions. Ironically, the only package that includes non-alcoholic drinks is the alcoholic drink package. The virgin drinks are included in the Classic package at $45 per day per person.

I don't know about the cost of virgin drinks relative to the non-virgin versions. Ironically, the only package that includes non-alcoholic drinks is the alcoholic drink package. The virgin drinks are included in the Classic package at $45 per day per person.

Wow...I can't see drinking $45 per day in those drinks so I guess I will buy them as I go. Thanks Bob.

When I saw this thread title, I thought it was either about

1) the Virgin Islands or

2) the other topic:D

Totally surprised me when I opened it to read it.

We hardly drink booze, except in the concierge lounge from 5-8:30 PM nightly. Other then that I always buy the coke package for $6 per day plus tips.

But that is not what you are asking about.

We avoid the tropical drinks with the umbrellas. too many calories in the tall glasses.

I was wondering about non-alcoholic or even alcoholic fruity drinks too! But $45 per day seems a bit hefty for me. I think I would only drink 2, maybe 3 a day. So probably cheaper to buy them separately!

Unless, does the 'classic package' include sodas from the soda machines too & juices? If it does then it may be worth it for me!

I was wondering about non-alcoholic or even alcoholic fruity drinks too! But $45 per day seems a bit hefty for me. I think I would only drink 2, maybe 3 a day. So probably cheaper to buy them separately!

Unless, does the 'classic package' include sodas from the soda machines too & juices? If it does then it may be worth it for me!

It includes sodas but not the freestyle machine. No juices.

My husband and I will be celebrating our birthdays on the Jewel in January. We do not drink beverages that contain alcohol' date=' however we do occasionally like to have a fruity drink such as a virgin Pina Colada etc. Do the virgin drinks cost the same as the regular drinks that contain alcohol? Would there be a package for this kind of drink? This will be our first cruise with RCCL.[/quote']

Pretty much the same price if yopu buy them by the drink, depending on the drink. My daughter loves them, too. A couple of times she got a drink for $2 less, but I think it was a fluke. Most of the time we paid full price.

One bartender actually asked me if I wanted the "booze on the side," which turned out to be a fantastic idea! I just poured it into my fruity drink and was REALLY happy.

Pretty much the same price if yopu buy them by the drink, depending on the drink. My daughter loves them, too. A couple of times she got a drink for $2 less, but I think it was a fluke. Most of the time we paid full price.

One bartender actually asked me if I wanted the "booze on the side," which turned out to be a fantastic idea! I just poured it into my fruity drink and was REALLY happy.

Years ago they used to be a couple of dollars less. I am not sure when they decided to change that.

1) the Virgin Islands or

We hardly drink booze, except in the concierge lounge from 5-8:30 PM nightly. Other then that I always buy the coke package for $6 per day plus tips.

We avoid the tropical drinks with the umbrellas. too many calories in the tall glasses.

Glad I am not the only one that thought it pertained to 2) The Other Topic *LOL*

I was gonna say "What about the Virgins?" They sure never did anything for me , so the heck with them" *LOL*

We aren't big tropical drink people either

Glad I am not the only one that thought it pertained to 2) The Other Topic *LOL*

I was gonna say "What about the Virgins?" They sure never did anything for me , so the heck with them" *LOL*

We aren't big tropical drink people either

:DLOL...I may be new to RCCL but not to Cruise Critic. The other topic would have disappeared.

Thank you all!

1) the Virgin Islands or

Ye would love to be drinking a virgin or the real thing in BVI's or USVI's!!

I don't drink either, and I had a few virgin fruity drinks on Freedom a couple of weeks ago. They were an average of $2 less per drink. I always asked just out of sheer curiosity (and making sure they understood that I wanted no alcohol :) ). Most of the Drinks of the Day have a virgin option as well, and they are cheaper - plus you get the souvenir glass! We have about 7 of them sitting around my house now :)

Archived