Tipping on Collector's Voyage

cheercoach10

We tipped our room stewards at the end of the cruise because we knew (we asked) they were both staying on. In the MDR however, we knew our two stewards were being sent downstairs, so we tipped them at the end of the first week. Any others, at the end of the cruise.

Agree. You will probably find out if a waiter or cabin attendant is departing. For example, as we became acquainted with our cabana stewards, we discovered one was leaving. So we tipped him prior to the end of the first part of our B2B.

We always have the same table for both segments but sometimes the stewards rotate. We almost always have the same stewards but particulary wine stewards leave a section so we inquire.

When we did b-to-b's, we always tipped at the end of each segment but seeing HAL calls our Collectors one cruise, if we know we will have the same stewards, we tip at the end of both segments.

If we're doing a Collector's Cruise, as we did this winter on Ryndam, we determine if our room stewards and dining & wine stewards (fixed dining) will be staying on. They all stayed on (on all our Collector's Cruises, that has been the case)...so we tip at the end of the cruises.

On any cruise where there is a different segment coming, I always offer any additional gratuities at the end of the segment on which I am sailing.

I also usually inquire from my dining room and cabin stewards if they will be with me until the time when I disembark. Sometimes, contracts end in the midst of a cruise. And, if so, I want to know that so that I can offer an additional gratuity, if warranted, before they leave for home.

I've also had cabin stewards moved to different decks on the ship during a cruise. Had I not asked if he was going to remain I would not have known it was time to consider tipping then.

Some of your favorite lounge stewards could leave mid-cruise, or be transferred to a different lounge, too. It's always safest to ask.

Archived