Different ideas for groups instead of t-shirts

Hi everyone! I am going on the Dawn in August with a small group of family and friends. There are a total of 11 people. I would like to get/make something for everyone to commemorate the cruise. T-shirts are always a common item, but does anyone else have something that would be a little different? I am pretty crafty when it comes to making things, but I do want to keep costs down too. I do not mind ordering something either-which would be a lot easier. Ages range from 21yrs. to 70+yrs., male and female.

Thanks for your help!;)

Are you wanting something to commemorate the trip for the group or something that would "mark" you as being part of that group? For the latter, it could be anything like beads, a certain kind of hat, leis, etc. For the former, I think something useful like a totebag would be helpful.

Hi everyone! I am going on the Dawn in August with a small group of family and friends. There are a total of 11 people. I would like to get/make something for everyone to commemorate the cruise. T-shirts are always a common item, but does anyone else have something that would be a little different? I am pretty crafty when it comes to making things, but I do want to keep costs down too. I do not mind ordering something either-which would be a lot easier. Ages range from 21yrs. to 70+yrs., male and female.

Thanks for your help!;)

Visors that you could decorate with names or event. Foam ones are really inexpensive anc the cloth ones could easily be decorated with fabric paint.

Waterproof card holders imprinted with the group. We had these as prizes for readinclub at my library & mine has been on every cruise since Check with a local printing place. Drink cozies or lanyards might also be available.

Since you are crafty, why not customize some inexpensive frames, have a picture of all of you taken on the cruise and then give one to everyone when they return, so that they will always remember the cruise and the fun they had.

We had baseball caps embroidered with the last name of the patriarch of our family...it said "(name)..Family Cruise 2002...we still have them and all talk about the fun we had whenever one of us happens to wear it..ahhh such good memories

We take our employees on a trip every year and I always give tote bags full of goodies. Even on a cruise sometimes you just want a bag of chips, cashews or a piece of gum. I see many of them reusing the bags on the trip for shore excursions and then later when we get home.

Thank you to all of you for the suggestions.

I am leaning toward the tote bags and filling them with a variety of things. We are all going together to the terminal by private transportation co., so this would be a nice time to give the bags out to start the party! This should also be very reasonable price-wise. I liked the idea that they can carry them around on the ship to the pool and such. I am going to look into printing something on them too.

As usual, my cruise critic friends have helped me again! Thanks!:D

Thank you to all of you for the suggestions.

I am leaning toward the tote bags and filling them with a variety of things. We are all going together to the terminal by private transportation co., so this would be a nice time to give the bags out to start the party! This should also be very reasonable price-wise. I liked the idea that they can carry them around on the ship to the pool and such. I am going to look into printing something on them too.

As usual, my cruise critic friends have helped me again! Thanks!:D

You can buy canvas totes for a few bucks each at most craft stores. Then use those iron-on decals for your own design on them-- perhaps a picture of the ship with the dates under it.

I love the lanyard & water bottle ideas.

Our group is getting customized hoodies from this place: http://www.customizedgirl.com/ they do tons of customized items. I think the prices were decent (approx $40/pp) and they shipped fast, free and items are nice quality. The nice thing was, some of us wanted zip ups, some pullovers, some needed kid sizes or large sizes...and they could accomodate everyone, at group pricing no matter what combo of items we ordered. They do totes, etc. too! And designing was easy (I did it!)

Archived