Whhhhhooooopppppiiiiieeeee!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!

IRL_Joanie

WHHHHHOOOOOPPPPPIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

After only 4 years of cruising HAL, we have finally achieved our 4 star mariner status!!!

This afternoon, well actually about 5 minutes ago, I went to my accounts and saw this beautiful sight:)

Welcome 4starMariner.gif Linda Jett

Total Cruise Day credits: 206

Total Cruise Day credits needed to next Star level: 294

The way hubby and I've been cruising these last 4 years, while he was still working, now that he is officially retired and owns his own LLC and I start copllecting my Social Security in 18 months, we are gonna be earning 5 star in less time:)

Joanie

Congratulations Joanie!!

Thank you all so much for helping me to achieve 3 of my 4 stars (yes, you are all behind that with your help and just being yourselves and helping us to continue to love to cruise on HAL!!) And also a HUGE Thank You for the sharing of my joyful excitement!!

Bumper... You mean Sam?? LOL, I know so many of these guys and gals and look forward to each and every cruise!!

Hubby put down another big FCD during this past cruise and we've already received the standard, "If you book a cruise in the next 90 (or was it 100) days you will receiev a $100.00 OBC." So we are researching our 2014 options:)

I LOVE HAL and CRUISING!!

Joanie

Hi Joanie

Wow, will you adopt me?? This is the only way we will ever achieve this level. I won't be much of a burden--already been to college, am retired with a pension, own a car, and I live across town, so I won't be underfoot all the time. Just need that 4 star access...

Seriously, congrats and enjoy it. Just think of all those wine discounts!!

Mary Lynn

Congratulations Joanie, this must be the reason you keep cruising!

Just joking.;)

I know you cruise for the love of the seas and ships.

We've got a ways to go before we catch up to you.

Enjoy planning your next cruise. I know we are.

Congrats.

I am not sure if I will ever get there. I will be three star after the Prinsendam cruise coming up. Then I have a 31 day on the Volendam next year - it will give me a good start to 4 star anyways :) (maybe I will need an Alaska Cruisetour and Circumnavigate of Australia) :) or perhaps a world cruise.

Debbie

Congrats.

I am not sure if I will ever get there. I will be three star after the Prinsendam cruise coming up. Then I have a 31 day on the Volendam next year - it will give me a good start to 4 star anyways :) (maybe I will need an Alaska Cruisetour and Circumnavigate of Australia) :) or perhaps a world cruise.

Debbie

Debbie, we have a lot in common. I'll be 3 star after the Veendam but Prinsendam and Amsterdam won't take me even half the rest of the way to 4-star. I'm green with envy

Congratulations, Joanie!

Roy

...before I get anywhere near 4-star. But more importantly....28 years to go before I can collect Social Security! :mad: Ha, I know good joke - like it will still be there. :rolleyes:

Congratulations, Joanie. May you enjoy many more voyages with the added perks of your new status.

Congratulations! You are really gone to enjoy the free laundry!!!!!!!

LOL, to all saying we will enjoy the new perks of a 4 star.....LOL toooo funny as we already get most of them as Neptune Suites users:) The only ones that we might get differently are

A collectible gift presented to you on board (or is this the tote bag or Tile??)

A 50% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges

A special recognition lapel pin (4 Star Pin)

An annual cruise planner

Advance notice of new itineraries

Offers to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society

Waiver of air deviation fees

None of the other goodies are for us since we do not drink, they do not have hubby's Mountain Dew on the ships and neither of us use the spa.

Off to do more research on where we want to go after our Canal cruise in November:)

Joanie

LOL, to all saying we will enjoy the new perks of a 4 star.....LOL toooo funny as we already get most of them as Neptune Suites users:) The only ones that we might get differently are

A collectible gift presented to you on board (or is this the tote bag or Tile??)

A 50% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges

A special recognition lapel pin (4 Star Pin)

An annual cruise planner

Advance notice of new itineraries

Offers to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society

Waiver of air deviation fees

None of the other goodies are for us since we do not drink, they do not have hubby's Mountain Dew on the ships and neither of us use the spa.

Off to do more research on where we want to go after our Canal cruise in November:)

Joanie

The collectible gift is the tile.

Congrats Joanie! Collecting stars is a nice hobby!;)

Now why don't you consider joinging the 4 of us on the Noordam leaving Dec. 30 for our anniversary (Hogmanay) and Vow Renewal cruise....we will be in full highland dress.....

Just something to consider....

Hi Joanie! Can you explain to me how the HAL points system works? I'll be taking my 1st HAL cruise in Dec. (so I have no points as of yet), but just wondering. Thanks for all your great insight!

Elizabeth

And for all the haters about to say, "there are numerous threads on this, go look them up" um, no. But feel free to post a link, thanks all.

Hi Joanie! Can you explain to me how the HAL points system works? I'll be taking my 1st HAL cruise in Dec. (so I have no points as of yet), but just wondering. Thanks for all your great insight!

Elizabeth

And for all the haters about to say, "there are numerous threads on this, go look them up" um, no. But feel free to post a link, thanks all.

Here is a link to it on the HAL website. Hopefully it works:o. If not you may want to go to the HAL website and type rewards in the search.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action?tabName=Rewards#

Archived