The deck right below the pools/bars

talydo

Can you hear the water or people when in your room if it is right below the action? Didn't think about this when booking.

This would depend on the ship...Usually I consider what is going to be above/below me when booking my cabin. More details would help to give you specifics.

Can you hear the water or people when in your room if it is right below the action? Didn't think about this when booking.

This varies from ship to ship. You are more likely to hear the sounds from cleaners shuffling the deck chairs early in the morning or the sounds of revelry at night when there are pool side activities. You will get clearer answers if you ask about a specific ship on the board for that line - Carnival, Princess, P&O etc. A lot depends on whether you are sensitive to noise generated by others at night or early in the morning.

This would depend on the ship...Usually I consider what is going to be above/below me when booking my cabin. More details would help to give you specifics.

We had the deck below the pools ONCE .. And it was noisy we could hear thumping which I guess was kids running around .. We have never booked that deck again on any ship

Good luck :)

We were in an Owner's Suite right below the pool deck on Adventure of the Seas. We could hear the music at night, chairs being moved, kids running on deck at all hours. I will never book under a cabin immediately under a pool deck again. I was stupid and didn't look at what was above us. My in-laws were on the same level but the opposite side of the ship next to the Presidential Suite and they didn't seem to hear as much as we did - of course they both sleep like logs and my MIL has hearing aids so she doesn't hear much when she takes them out!:o

We love being right below that deck....only one, easy flight to all the fun areas! Noise shouldn't be too much of an issue....the ceiling of your cabin is NOT the floor of the deck above. You will hear more noise from the hallway than from above...and that's true on ANY deck level.

We are on RCI Navigator of the Seas and the pools/jacuzzis are directly above us.

Without a cabin number, I can't be definite, but there are not normally cabins directly below the pools/jacuzzis as there are normally equipment rooms for the pumps and filters below them.

The POOL DECK, however, can be noisy, as others have posted, due to running/walking on the deck, deck chair moving, and the deck wash early in the morning.

Our last cruise, we had an aft cabin on HAL, right under the pool. My mom was next door, and she reported hearing a lot of noise from the crew cleaning and putting the pool furniture back. DH and I didn't hear it at all, but we are also heavier sleepers than she is. So for us, not a problem at all. Our upcoming cruise we are also on the deck below the pool.

Archived