Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

I am amazed at how much work has yet to be done in the common areas. The move down the river is supposed to begin in the next couple of weeks. I'm guessing a bunch of workers are going to be taking a river boat ride.

They've still got 3 weeks before the EMS trip, I've seen dry dock internal refurbishments completed in less time!

They've still got 3 weeks before the EMS trip, I've seen dry dock internal refurbishments completed in less time!

Remember that the owner of the yard stated this is the biggest and most complex ship this yard has ever built, but I have all the faith in the yard that the ship will be done when they sign the paperwork to hand it over.

I would almost bet that with anthem they realized where they were lacking with quantum and brought more staff in

Remember that the owner of the yard stated this is the biggest and most complex ship this yard has ever built, but I have all the faith in the yard that the ship will be done when they sign the paperwork to hand it over.

I would almost bet that with anthem they realized where they were lacking with quantum and brought more staff in

I agree with you on both points and especially that delivery will be on time. There are a lot of things that are done after the Ems River conveyance. Not sure if some think that the ship is "delivered" on or before the Ems conveyance.

Similar to the company I work for, when boats and ships (much smaller than cruise ships) are built by a yard there are items that are "owner" furnished and outfitting that takes place after formal delivery. So for these cruise ships it is not uncommon that work is still being done inside the ship after the final delivery.

I agree with you on both points and especially that delivery will be on time. There are a lot of things that are done after the Ems River conveyance. Not sure if some think that the ship is "delivered" on or before the Ems conveyance.

Similar to the company I work for, when boats and ships (much smaller than cruise ships) are built by a yard there are items that are "owner" furnished and outfitting that takes place after formal delivery. So for these cruise ships it is not uncommon that work is still being done inside the ship after the final delivery.

I would hope that people would understand after the conveyance is done, the it goes into sea trials where for all intense purpose beat the snot out of the ship to see how much she will handle and most importantly all systems are functioning properly

Looks like they are working on the foreword funnel/mast thing today. It's all covered up and their is some scaffolding around it. Should be finding out pretty soon if the Crown & Anchor on it will light up, hope it does.

There is also more work around the main funnel to install 2 more satellites in front of it. Have to say, the Quantum's satellites are it's biggest flaw. There are so many and they are as tall as the funnel, just looks ugly and cluttered. Real shame considering how well Royal Caribbean worked to integrate them into the design of the Voyager class. Most people still don't realize the golf balls aren't just props.

Really appreciate the pic of the cabin balconies on end of hump - quite spacious. Now let's hope they show the Superior Grand Suite floor plan as well. We are so impatient. Those balconies look great!!

I also love the pictures of the balconies also. One question I have is whether these balconies will have any privacy. It looks like the rooms along the side will have a full view of the large wrap around balconies that go with the Superior grand suite, family suite and owners suite. What do you think?

I found this photo of part of the area forward of Michael's Genuine Pub, where deck 5 is open to deck 4 below on the port side.

722f594971ff7c64145e3349a5b2f393.jpg

The light that is filtering into the port side of deck 4 through opening in deck 5, is it likely coming through 'windows' on deck 5, visible on left side of photo next to (and behind) lifeboats. You can see three of them near the bottom of the wall on deck 5.

ce80dd374b8f24169285c500367a046e.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

The light that is filtering into the port side of deck 4 through opening in deck 5, is it likely coming through 'windows' on deck 5, visible on left side of photo next to (and behind) lifeboats. You can see three of them near the bottom of the wall on deck 5.

ce80dd374b8f24169285c500367a046e.jpg

There appears to be many windows behind the lifeboats. These are grabs from some media videos on instagram. This is the port side.

94a93d4fd86f524b11ff2e9ddf8a6af7.jpg

There appears to be many windows behind the lifeboats.

Very interesting, I wonder if that's one of their master plans to incorporate some sunshine into Project Sunshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

And here's the Norwegian Escape keel block, at the start of her journey.

10635883_10153152809692942_9166838096631839801_n.jpg?oh=95967ea4ded53d657d5737d610bb56d9&oe=548008B7

Photo by Anton Nossik

I thought I saw this block before and mentioned it in one of my earlier post that had the Anthem webcam update. This is the exact same block that Richard Fain, David and the rest of the participants were standing/sitting on during the Quantum reveal on August 25th.

I thought I saw this block before and mentioned it in one of my earlier post that had the Anthem webcam update. This is the exact same block that Richard Fain, David and the rest of the participants were standing/sitting on during the Quantum reveal on August 25th.

Here's a better shot. Wait! A year later, and we're showing a NCL ship (blocks) again! :D

10613126_10152296424457727_3131559029721280071_n.jpg?oh=59254a2a2685292217faa7d0ba16b728&oe=5466BC02&__gda__=1417324413_7975f0fe82d71392f5756f9acbdca91d

Edited by Lloyd555

Very interesting, I wonder if that's one of their master plans to incorporate some sunshine into Project Sunshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Some posts back someone (sorry don't remember who) indicated that those are not actually windows, but intake vents for the air handling system which is located (most likely) in the center of deck six, which would explain the higher ceiling heights in this area. LOL I don't even remember if it was in this thread or another:p

Some posts back someone (sorry don't remember who) indicated that those are not actually windows, but intake vents for the air handling system which is located (most likely) in the center of deck six, which would explain the higher ceiling heights in this area. LOL I don't even remember if it was in this thread or another:p

I think that they were referring to the oval shapes along the top of the wall on deck 5.

10603427_758932777483274_642673149258062174_n.jpg?oh=2491252b1b7e2447ceb6cbe02a59ae9e&oe=545F896B&__gda__=1416371882_035f3f394efed97c335ff45ba1863742

Photo by Jeroen Houtman

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the wi-fi and technology that will be on Quantum. Will there be a free ship 'intranet' site for booking restaurants, viewing your own-board account etc which will be accesible through your smart phone/tablet and a separate wi-fi connection for the internet, which will be chargeable?

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Lesley

Edited by MrsFloody

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the wi-fi and technology that will be on Quantum. Will there be a free ship 'intranet' site for booking restaurants, viewing your own-board account etc which will be accesible through your smart phone/tablet and a separate wi-fi connection for the internet, which will be chargeable?

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Lesley

Yes, via the Royal iQ app. Here are the technology highlights.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/#ooid=JwZHh0bzr3yHYQspURsjw08bdHwkLKDf

Edited by Babyrocko1908

Here's a better shot. Wait! A year later, and we're showing a NCL ship (blocks) again! :D

10613126_10152296424457727_3131559029721280071_n.jpg?oh=59254a2a2685292217faa7d0ba16b728&oe=5466BC02&__gda__=1417324413_7975f0fe82d71392f5756f9acbdca91d

Great shot, and there it is. Yes here we are again with an NCL ship (block). Given the way the construction schedule has been made with Anthem, NCL Escape, Quantum III and then Star Cruises and now that the restrictions on photo taking seems to have been relaxed, we may see a lot more of the construction that we did not see before.

I do think that Meyer Werft really did not like the secrecy that came with Quantum (no photos). They are ship builders who like to promote the idea of ship building in general, thus the idea of the visitor center. I would imagine things going back to normal in both Hall 5 and Hall 6 and allowing the press and ship photographers back in as was done in the pass.

They've put dividers up on the upper decks for the cabins at the front end of the hump. I think a few people were curious about this?

58cd9e48e4f39130323ff85784c15595.jpg

Yep, I was one of those curious. Thanks for the picture! It's hard for me to get a sense of scale, but the wrap-around looks pretty spacious, which I'm happy about. The more pictures I see, though, the more disappointed I am that my SGS is on deck 7, as it seems like the life boats will really get in the way of my view from the wrap-around section. Again, hard to tell from the pictures - a lot are taken from below, which I think makes the lifeboats look higher than they really are - but I guess I'll find out soon enough. It was the only SGS at the time i decided to upgrade, so i can't really be choosy. :D