Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

It could just be a simple glass enclosure - what you sea ( :D ) is what you get. Or there's more to come for the darn enclosures as well!!

Will have to keep an eye on it.

One thing is for sure … it's not enclosed in glass yet. Also it will have a different railing than the rest of the deck which is interesting in itself.

Well, since I created a horizontal scrolling bar anyways (again...sorry!), may as well post these photos.

When I first saw the SeaPlex pods, I told myself that I was going to be sure to check them out up close from outside, as well as inside. And here we have a great photo of that spot. Too bad they need supports. Would like to have seen them 'suspended' over the deck.

1409066652003-2014QuantumatYard-018.JPG

1409067413008-2014QuantumatYard-079.JPG

Edited by Lloyd555

1409075787003-2014QuantumatYard-135.JPG

This should cut down on the number of chargers needed.

Yes, but where's the iPod docks? What would have been nice it each cabin had been hardwired for iPod/Mp3 surround....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app

Edited by Babyrocko1908

Yes, but where's the iPod docks? What would have been nice it each cabin had been hardwired for iPod/Mp3 surround....

There a Microsoft company now. Wouldn't expect to see any kind of integration with iPads or iPhones like they did for Allure, they were Apple at that time.

There a Microsoft company now. Wouldn't expect to see any kind of integration with iPads or iPhones like they did for Allure, they were Apple at that time.

And also Apple made everything much more complicated by changing their connecting port. I fortunately still had an old style iPod when I went on Allure, so I didn't need to bother with a converter.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

It could just be a simple glass enclosure - what you sea ( :D ) is what you get. Or there's more to come for the darn enclosures as well!!

Will have to keep an eye on it.

EDIT: AACK! Holy !*@ on a cracker, those photos are big! Sorry!

1409066652001-2014QuantumatYard-005.JPG

That darn glass enclosure is in photo 3 of 81 as well.

1409073225001-2014QuantumatYard-245.JPG

Could the enclosure just be where the inflatable pill shaped life boats will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Could the enclosure just be where the inflatable pill shaped life boats will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Those are already on the ship near the center. In the full ship photos that are floating around you can see them already.

Having the USB port is better than the dock. Less clutter on the counter.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Here is another view of the lifeboats and the possible obstruction they create.

index.php?rex_resize=800w__aboard_quantum_of_the_seas__meyer_werft_27._august_2014.137.jpg

Photo from oceanliner-pictures.

Oh yeah the obstruction is pretty significant! I'm thankful I chose my room wisely, it falls in between I get to look at the rescue boat below

That is not a good picture to show the obstruction. There are two others in Lloyd's link that show from deck level on deck 6 looking towards the lifeboats. I don't know how to capture and insert them I'm sorry but some other poster should be able to. The top of the boats is about level with the floor of the balcony. Your view will only be obstructed looking directly down. I have had this typical obstructed balcony before on other ships and they are fine IMO. From the earlier photos taken from a lower angle I had thought that the top of the boats may have been up to railing height. I don't believe that is so after seeing the photos I mentioned.

Edited by woodyren

Still haven't seen any pics from the Windjammer or Solarium yet...really interested to see those:)

I though that this (or these, if it's two different venues?!) might be the Windjammer, but the windows are more like the ones you'd find on lower decks.

index.php?rex_resize=800w__aboard_quantum_of_the_seas__meyer_werft_27._august_2014.26.jpg

index.php?rex_resize=800w__aboard_quantum_of_the_seas__meyer_werft_27._august_2014.30.jpg

I though that this (or these, if it's two different venues?!) might be the Windjammer, but the windows are more like the ones you'd find on lower decks.

index.php?rex_resize=800w__aboard_quantum_of_the_seas__meyer_werft_27._august_2014.26.jpg

index.php?rex_resize=800w__aboard_quantum_of_the_seas__meyer_werft_27._august_2014.30.jpg

I'm making an educated guess here, but the top photo looks like it could be the Schooner Bar, and the bottom photo Sorrentos. Both on Deck 4 with direct ocean views.