Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Assuming that's the entire thing. It's still kind of unclear at this point how far it goes back.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If it is designed similar to the "promenade" on the Solstice Class, it will meander from the aft elevator lobby, centrum, rotunda (whatever it is called) to the forward one. I am sure that it will have enough length to accommodate the people. I am sure that this photo is just a small section of it since it is not a straight line "hall"

Did anyone spot the North Star on its side, still wrapped up and waiting on the pool deck to be installed on the Quantum of the Seas.

023fae1c13bbfbb07c7c14d2efc78a1a.jpg

That looks really small to fit 13 people. Maybe its something else that goes near the pool deck and not the North Star.

It seems to be the same outline as the wrapped North Star in this photo.

4fb0a509e7e5aad8bf73c72de455cb0b.jpg

Colleen (or someone) mentioned in their post that they saw the Northstar Cage/Basket/Sphere (paraphrasing), but that the arm was being put together in Poland (I believe).

I guess the wait is on the arm for now.

They better hurry. Don't they need that thing in place for the sea trials?

Colleen (or someone) mentioned in their post that they saw the Northstar Cage/Basket/Sphere (paraphrasing), but that the arm was being put together in Poland (I believe).

I guess the wait is on the arm for now.

They better hurry. Don't they need that thing in place for the sea trials?

Yes, Colleen said that in one of her posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

997056_10152233976036767_2356564581691074951_n.jpg?oh=ca0251afdb9a4bd7a11dcb421a3a9ca6&oe=5460A8E1&__gda__=1416808040_cc15d9854dc55aac4501fad48b3cf9db

If I'm seeing this correctly, even though there won't be any promenade facing cabins, it looks like the hallways to the balcony cabins on deck 6 are open on the inside (like the Hyatt Regency in San Francisco) so you can come out of your cabin and watch what's going on down in the promenade. If that's true, it will be one of the coolest design features of the ship.

Edited by orville99

If I'm seeing this correctly, even though there won't be any promenade facing cabins, it looks like the hallways to the balcony cabins on deck 6 are open on the inside (like the Hyatt Regency in San Francisco) so you can come out of your cabin and watch what's going on down in the promenade. If that's true, it will be one of the coolest design features of the ship.

Interesting...

Are we looking at decks 4 and 5, or decks 5 and 6 in that photo? If its 5 and 6, I agree it would be very cool. The decks plans for deck 6 and part of deck 7 have nothing in the middle. Since no description was given, the assumption was that it could be crew only area access.

Are we looking at decks 4 and 5, or decks 5 and 6 in that photo? If its 5 and 6, I agree it would be very cool. The decks plans for deck 6 and part of deck 7 have nothing in the middle. Since no description was given, the assumption was that it could be crew only area access.

Will she have an LED light ceiling like the voyager Freedom and Oasis class ships

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I believe what you are looking at is the midship atrium section between Deck 4 and 5.

I think the cabin corridors on Deck 6 will be enclosed just like on every other deck.

The blank white space you see on the deck plan of the interior section of Deck 6 is most likely part of the air conditioning plant for the ship. This is typical for most ships as the massive a/c plant is located in an interior section of the ship.

I've attached a picture for reference. See those large oval openings just above the the Promenade Deck on Deck 5 and the below the cabin balconies on Deck 6? Those are the air intake and extraction vents for the large a/c plant located in the center of Deck 6. The vents actually run under the cabins on Deck 6 and is one reason the deck hight on Deck 5 is higher than a typical cabin deck. The other reason is to provide higher ceiling height in the various lounges.

Hope this makes sense!

15047524332_862fae4b15_z.jpg

USA Today has a 80+ photo gallery of the Quantum of the seas tour. Awesome photos! Turn on Full Screen to expand the photos to get a great view. Be sure to turn on the caption option (at bottom of Full Screen view) if you want to see a description of each photo.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/08/26/quantum-of-the-seas-royal-caribbean/14623333/

Edit: Sorry! I see link has already been posted above. Enjoy!

Edited by Lloyd555

USA Today has a 80+ photo gallery of the Quantum of the seas tour. Awesome photos! Turn on Full Screen to expand the photos to get a great view. Be sure to turn on the caption option (at bottom of Full Screen view) if you want to see a description of each photo.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/08/26/quantum-of-the-seas-royal-caribbean/14623333/

Edit: Sorry! I see link has already been posted above. Enjoy!

Llyod - Take a look at photo 74 of 81 of the USAToday photos. The "Glass Enclosure" on the Port Side does not appear completed. The structure looks permanent but appears that is may have "more to come". Thoughts?

I believe what you are looking at is the midship atrium section between Deck 4 and 5.

I think the cabin corridors on Deck 6 will be enclosed just like on every other deck.

The blank white space you see on the deck plan of the interior section of Deck 6 is most likely part of the air conditioning plant for the ship. This is typical for most ships as the massive a/c plant is located in an interior section of the ship.

I've attached a picture for reference. See those large oval openings just above the the Promenade Deck on Deck 5 and the below the cabin balconies on Deck 6? Those are the air intake and extraction vents for the large a/c plant located in the center of Deck 6. The vents actually run under the cabins on Deck 6 and is one reason the deck hight on Deck 5 is higher than a typical cabin deck. The other reason is to provide higher ceiling height in the various lounges.

Hope this makes sense!

15047524332_862fae4b15_z.jpg

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Some great insight.

When in one of the photos taking by USAToday they referred to top of deck 5, I thought then that it confirmed that those pictures we saw earlier were decks 4 and 5 and not deck 6.

Llyod - Take a look at photo 74 of 81 of the USAToday photos. The "Glass Enclosure" on the Port Side does not appear completed. The structure looks permanent but appears that is may have "more to come". Thoughts?

It could just be a simple glass enclosure - what you sea ( :D ) is what you get. Or there's more to come for the darn enclosures as well!!

Will have to keep an eye on it.

EDIT: AACK! Holy !*@ on a cracker, those photos are big! Sorry!

1409066652001-2014QuantumatYard-005.JPG

That darn glass enclosure is in photo 3 of 81 as well.

1409073225001-2014QuantumatYard-245.JPG

Edited by Lloyd555