Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Yep, I was one of those curious. Thanks for the picture! It's hard for me to get a sense of scale, but the wrap-around looks pretty spacious, which I'm happy about. The more pictures I see, though, the more disappointed I am that my SGS is on deck 7, as it seems like the life boats will really get in the way of my view from the wrap-around section. Again, hard to tell from the pictures - a lot are taken from below, which I think makes the lifeboats look higher than they really are - but I guess I'll find out soon enough. It was the only SGS at the time i decided to upgrade, so i can't really be choosy. :D

Glad to see the answer here too. We have the JS on Deck 13 and were wondering what was going to be put in between our cabin, which is in that picture Llyod posted and the GS next to us.

Anyone else having problems with the live stream ?

It has been frozen for me for a couple of days now. I deleted my bookmark and went back and tried again though the link Lloyd had posted recently but still it only shows pic from days ago :confused:

Frozen for me too. Hence the' Are they installing the North Star' speculation. On that matter, no activity seen up top neither.

Frozen for me too. Hence the' Are they installing the North Star' speculation. On that matter, no activity seen up top neither.

Ah thanks Lloyd, nice to know I am not just being duh...for a change :o

I have been so caught up in stuff at home I haven't had time to check all the QN posts out, so thank you for update. :D

I also love the pictures of the balconies also. One question I have is whether these balconies will have any privacy. It looks like the rooms along the side will have a full view of the large wrap around balconies that go with the Superior grand suite, family suite and owners suite. What do you think?

Yes, I think that they do have a full view of those balconies. Got to be careful of what you wear when you go out.

There appears to be many windows behind the lifeboats. These are grabs from some media videos on instagram. This is the port side.

94a93d4fd86f524b11ff2e9ddf8a6af7.jpg

That walkway looks awfully narrow. It doesnt appear that it is going to be a passenger accessible area.

Hopefully we will find out soon enough! If it is the Schooner Bar, it seems kind of odd to keep it under wraps as a "more to come" item on the deck plan. It's a Royal Caribbean tradition and there is nothing really earth shattering about it. So far we have not seen or heard of any type of piano bar on QUANTUM, so the ship does need one and if not the Schooner Bar something else. Adam Goldstein mentioned that QUANTUM will have a Schooner Bar some time ago, but I think you and I both know that plans can and do change so who really knows?

Quantum may not get a Schooner bar since it is going to Asia. Since the announcement was made early enough, there might be more significant changes on this ship compared to what they would have done originally

Quantum may not get a Schooner bar since it is going to Asia. Since the announcement was made early enough, there might be more significant changes on this ship compared to what they would have done originally

Just curious why going to China would cause them to do away with the Schooner Bar? Do the ships currently in China have them? Are there that many changes that happen if a ship gets sent over there?

Just curious why going to China would cause them to do away with the Schooner Bar? Do the ships currently in China have them? Are there that many changes that happen if a ship gets sent over there?

When I was on the Mariner TA last year and it was heading over to China, they were taking out some bars as they don't make as much money as they do in the US market.

This video was posted in another thread, but it's so cool, I had to repost it here! It has some extra footage not seen in Royal Caribbean videos.

Quantum of the Seas - Construction, Meyer Werft B-roll

Some screen grabs...

There's a bottomless cabin - something brought up a short while ago.

ScreengrabfromBRoll3_zps447a74cc.jpg

Moving block.

ScreengrabfromBRoll_zps3228d66b.jpg

ScreengrabfromBRoll1_zpsadded73b.jpg

I like this screen grab because it shows how deep the smokestack shaft opening goes.

ScreengrabfromBRoll2_zps61a25dab.jpg

This video was posted in another thread, but it's so cool, I had to repost it here! It has some extra footage not seen in Royal Caribbean videos.

Quantum of the Seas - Construction, Meyer Werft B-roll

Some screen grabs...

There's a bottomless cabin - something brought up a short while ago.

---------------------------------------------------

That was a great detail video with reveals we have not seen before. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Yes, via the Royal iQ app. Here are the technology highlights.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/#ooid=JwZHh0bzr3yHYQspURsjw08bdHwkLKDf

Thank you so much for replying.

I'm afraid I found the 'wafflers' very hard to listen to first time round so I googled it and good old 'Cruise Critic' came up trumps!

$2 for a wristband? Big raspberry to that, aren't we spending enough Royal Caribbean??? Boo hissss :p

Cheers Babyrocko!

Lesley

Wonder where that white thing next to the yellow container at the bottom of the photo goes? For one of smaller smoke stacks maybe?

The cage part looks identical to a smoke stack but the way that it is shaped the bottom would be on the right and then it goes smooth and expands again on the left which doesn't make sense. I wonder if it's a cover over the engine part of North Start. The engine is under the left part and the arm sticks out the right side. The space allows for vertical angle movement while horizontal is done by moving the entire section.

The cage part looks identical to a smoke stack but the way that it is shaped the bottom would be on the right and then it goes smooth and expands again on the left which doesn't make sense. I wonder if it's a cover over the engine part of North Start. The engine is under the left part and the arm sticks out the right side. The space allows for vertical angle movement while horizontal is done by moving the entire section.

I was also thinking cover for the base of Northstar.

Cape Liberty Webcam has been moved to show the parking garage site. Since the terminal building is almost fully enclosed, we will still be able to see progress on the garage build. With precast concrete sections, that build should go very quickly.

Eric

That could be it as others have also commented on the same. Its not a surprise now to all of us here that it was not in any renderings we have seen thus far.

Hey guys

I read on a German cruise website, that the North Star will installed later after the first preview cruise.

Nach der Emsüberführung, die für den 21. September geplant und natürlich wetterabhängig ist, wird die Quantum of the Seas eine kurze Einstellungsfahrt sowie einen Stopp in Eemshaven machen. Danach steuert der neue Kreuzfahrtriese erstmals das Columbus Cruise Center in Bremerhaven an und nimmt kurz darauf im Rahmen einer ca. einwöchigen Probefahrt Kurs auf Norwegen. Erst dann wird der Arm des North Star installiert, was eine weitere Testfahrt zur Folge hat.

After the Ems passage, that is planned for the 21 september ... , the Quantum will make a test cruise and after that she will make a stop in Eemshaven. After that the ship will stop at the Columbus cruise Center in in Bremerhaven and then she will go on a one week test cruise to Norway. Then the North Star will be installed and she will make another test cruise.

Hope I translated it we'll because I'm german

We have to wait a bit until the North Star will be installed.:)