Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

No it will built the same as Quantum.

Anthem will be floated into the back of the hall and two Escape mega locks built in front.

The block plan shows Escape laid in front of Anthem. The only reason for that is if she is also being built as two mega blocks.

The previous way they have been restricted to building one block behind until a ship is fully outfitted to float out.

I expect this is the way forward from now on.

I think by utilizing this method they can build the bigger sized ships in Hall 6 much faster.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

No it will built the same as Quantum.

Anthem will be floated into the back of the hall and two Escape mega locks built in front.

The block plan shows Escape laid in front of Anthem. The only reason for that is if she is also being built as two mega blocks.

The previous way they have been restricted to building one block behind until a ship is fully outfitted to float out.

I expect this is the way forward from now on.

I see makes perfect sense, to keep everything flowing to stay on track and on time

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I agree. German efficiency at its best :D I mean Escape is due to float out in about a years time and they haven't even laid a single block! :eek:

They are truly efficient. I would love to see how they put/join the two Anthem mega blocks together. Would be nice if they did a video of it, but I doubt they would want to give away some of their trade or technological secrets.

I see makes perfect sense, to keep everything flowing to stay on track and on time

I've got an invested interest in both as I'm booked to sail on Anthem of the Seas back to back with Norwegian Escape next October :D

I've got an invested interest in both as I'm booked to sail on Anthem of the Seas back to back with Norwegian Escape next October :D

Lol !!

I'm just booked on the anthem !

Edited by Brian131489

Hi all.

I've been following this thread for sometime, purely from an interest in how these marine miracles are constructed.

Today I booked on the Anthem for June so my interested has sky rocketed.

Thank you to everyone who has explained what's happening, or posted pictures.

Hi all.

I've been following this thread for sometime, purely from an interest in how these marine miracles are constructed.

Today I booked on the Anthem for June so my interested has sky rocketed.

Thank you to everyone who has explained what's happening, or posted pictures.

Welcome! Sit back and enjoy, it's truly amazing watching, learning, and understanding how it all works

Quantum's funnel with bling...

7818927770b449e4219b2569a622f85b.jpg

Not sure if it's the stripes or the fact that it looks like an old Celebrity funnel, but it looks very retro. I like it, a rather clean and classy look.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Cool, I love that Funnel Bling!

Congrats to those of you who have recently booked one of these Quantum Class ships. Hope you all enjoy your sailings I am sure I will.:D

I find this thread fascinating as well.

Denise

Hi everyone

Have been following this page with great interest for the past couple of months, we are booked on Anthem in September next year.

Find it fascinating how they build these ships and look forward to any new pictures that are posted each day and can't wait for the float out of Quantum in a couple of days time (just wish they would release some internal pictures!).

I know most of the people on here are interested in Quantum, but hope pictures of the making of Anthem will still be posted even after Quatumn has set of for her sea trials and then look forward to all the pictures of her being posted for her first trip in November.

Thanks very much to everyone who has been posting update pictures of the build on here it is really appreciated.

Hi everyone

Have been following this page with great interest for the past couple of months, we are booked on Anthem in September next year.

Find it fascinating how they build these ships and look forward to any new pictures that are posted each day and can't wait for the float out of Quantum in a couple of days time (just wish they would release some internal pictures!).

I know most of the people on here are interested in Quantum, but hope pictures of the making of Anthem will still be posted even after Quatumn has set of for her sea trials and then look forward to all the pictures of her being posted for her first trip in November.

Thanks very much to everyone who has been posting update pictures of the build on here it is really appreciated.

I am sure that someone will continue to post photos. :rolleyes:

If not, I think that the mean looking lifeboats will chase and bite us!

10565257_486034111500281_9011829376864885151_n.jpg?oh=9be90a5c47bd90f24c37f189a67be37b&oe=546A775D&__gda__=1415247845_022ac381ef26d5f5bed9c59f6fe1765e

10570552_486034121500280_2072811528428433623_n.jpg?oh=a577ca28500370cdd348c5de22f6609b&oe=5471FCC1&__gda__=1416005149_0714555ab20e45ab3d67eae4dd81868e

Photos by Meyer Werft Fanclub

Lloyd - this is most kind of you. As usual, you are going above and beyond the call of duty. Considering we booked one of these cabins MAY a YEAR ago, I am disappointed that there are no floor plans as such - some cabins show floor plans but this cat. does not.

OK, as you requested - Superior Grand suite cabin numbers:

Port side - 6234, 7234, 8234, 13234

Starboard side - 6634, 7634, 8634, 13634

These would be the angled balconies at the end of the "hump" facing toward the front of your ship. Suite is 351 square feet and the balcony alone is 259 square feet (larger than many cabins I have sailed). I will be interesting to see where the balcony divider will be placed so one hopefully has a clear view of the sea from the large porthole.

Thanks for your time - can't wait to watch the float out next week!!

The streaming webcam pointed at Anthem megablock #1 is showing the Superior Grand suite cabins. Dividers not in yet unfortunately.

ueberfuehrung.jpg?1407670454766

Edited by Lloyd555

That is a great shot, Lloyd, but I am not sure if those are the Superior Grand Suites - they might be on other side of the hump since there are no large port holes on the side wall (unless they are covered?). Anticipation builds as we keep seeing more of both of these grand ships. I find it so unusual that information is so gradual - there was so much more earlier with Oasis. We appreciate all you post - keep em coming!

I suggested it....but...I was semi right...we know there would be no space in front of the Quantum to put a tug with that bridge in place....we also knew there was water in the Quantum dock...

Given that the pic with the tug was taken when the dock was dry and the Quantum seemingly done made one assume that they moved out Anthem, drained the whole dock, removed the bridge, and put the tug down....

What actually happened now that we have the updated photo above, was they filled the Quantum dock half way for some reason, drained it, removed the bridge, and put the tug down between Q and A. I guess the plan is just to float the whole dock and do them simultaneously.

That sounds about right.

Anthem megablock #2 to the left of tug in this photo:

999c1a662ec72122df8bb19b6ba5413e.jpg

6b3545fdd1e147e5c49e9244b72c4b53.jpg

That's a lot of chain.

8c613f769a03c84642baf4416293d06b.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Not sure if it's the stripes or the fact that it looks like an old Celebrity funnel, but it looks very retro. I like it, a rather clean and classy look.

I agree, harkens me back to the days of Horizon, Zenith, Century, Galaxy, and Mercury. I saw Pullmantur's Zenith in the Eastern Med last year, always fun to see a blast from the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

At least 10 markers there, so is that 10 shots. Each about 15fathoms? 150 fathoms ~ 900 feet of chain?

I was just going to ask what the white/orange markers were for on the chain... Thank you for clarifying it

I can't believe that all that chain is put on a spool. Must go into a chain locker. Good thing it is pulled by a motor.

Are you sure it's pulled by a motor and not Minnion's??? :D

Edited by Eng23

The tugs Gruno 3, Gruno 4, Finn and Bremerhaven arrived today at the Meyer Werft shipyard. At 4pm local time they pulled out the bridge of the dock hall 2.

10473175_824465500897654_3629758406923730234_n.jpg

In addition, I have added a live map for all vessels to my webpage so that you can see the live stream and the ship positions at once: http://www.hd1080i.de/videos/schiffsvideos/live-ausdocken-der-quantum-seas-live-hd/?lang=en