Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Meyer Werft has announced a new date for the float out: August 12 at 4:00 pm local time

I have also found a nice webcam which is showing the first mega block of the Anthem of the Seas: http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/helper/stream.jsp

This webcam is not linked on their Website for some reason. Maybe someone forgot it.

Geez! Come back from a week at the cottage to find out that not only has the float out been postponed, but we have Meyer Werft saying August 12th and a Royal Caribbean tweet today saying August 13th. Which is it I wonder?

Lots of nice photos posted as well.

Glad to be back!!!

Edited by Lloyd555

Geez! Come back from a week at the cottage to find out that not only has the float out been postponed, but we have Meyer Werft saying August 12th and a Royal Caribbean tweet today saying August 13th. Which is it I wonder?

Glad to be back!!!

Welcome back :cool:

Glad to be back!!!

LLOYD YOURE BACK!!!!! we missed you, and all the photos of course

LLOYD YOURE BACK!!!!! we missed you, and all the photos of course

Thanks.

I like these photos that popped up while I was away.

The Anthem megablock #2 is peeking through the open door, eager to be let out.

Note the merry-go-round set up for the float out event.

f3b5310d3ac8dcba83c0d6519852b73b.jpg

A nice close-up of the funnel.

6f002c0804fa3d43d843a5d605c2f164.jpg

And, of course, another view of the Anthem megablock #2 from last week, I believe. They put the North Star base block on top.

7e9bc1603cf3f1d1e27bc34779bca966.jpg

Some visitor photos from today.

She looks ready to me. :)

b6cd131f3cb3a7bbc1972f883e5aaffe.jpg

1c053c8cd0188f23909e85916d530e1f.jpg

Anthem megablock looks ready too.

9e9c016fb190524e4badbc25c60c30d4.jpg

Another tweet by andyRobot

"Quantum of the Seas" in dry dock awaiting her awakening...

BumpVBBIYAAf89u.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

That confirms Anthem block 2 is still in the house as well :)

I think someone suggested earlier it might have already moved out..

I suggested it....but...I was semi right...we know there would be no space in front of the Quantum to put a tug with that bridge in place....we also knew there was water in the Quantum dock...

Given that the pic with the tug was taken when the dock was dry and the Quantum seemingly done made one assume that they moved out Anthem, drained the whole dock, removed the bridge, and put the tug down....

What actually happened now that we have the updated photo above, was they filled the Quantum dock half way for some reason, drained it, removed the bridge, and put the tug down between Q and A. I guess the plan is just to float the whole dock and do them simultaneously.

I suggested it....but...I was semi right...we know there would be no space in front of the Quantum to put a tug with that bridge in place....we also knew there was water in the Quantum dock...

Given that the pic with the tug was taken when the dock was dry and the Quantum seemingly done made one assume that they moved out Anthem, drained the whole dock, removed the bridge, and put the tug down....

What actually happened now that we have the updated photo above, was they filled the Quantum dock half way for some reason, drained it, removed the bridge, and put the tug down between Q and A. I guess the plan is just to float the whole dock and do them simultaneously.

Ahh that makes sense with the tug taking the space where the bridge/gate was. They'd need to flood the whole dock until both anthem blocks are back in. Then they'd close the gate/bridge again and drain the sections to lay Escape's first megablock

And I bet they had to flood the dock temp to inch the megablock fwd enough to open the gate, insert the tug and then inch it back.

Edited by Single Cruiser

So do you think they would build the anthem toward the front of building hall ?

Yes, and Norwegian Escape behind Anthem.

They normally build in front if they can because it's easier to float out and there is no reason not to. The reason Quantum was behind Anthem blocks is because they started to build Quantum when Getaway was still being built/finished and they never moved any of the Quantum blocks forward.

So do you think they would build the anthem toward the front of building hall ?

No it will built the same as Quantum.

Anthem will be floated into the back of the hall and two Escape mega locks built in front.

The block plan shows Escape laid in front of Anthem. The only reason for that is if she is also being built as two mega blocks.

The previous way they have been restricted to building one block behind until a ship is fully outfitted to float out.

I expect this is the way forward from now on.