Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Someone posted something about keeping an eye on the tugs before float out...something to do with Anthem being towed out before QN...and I can't for the life of me find it (search not working properly currently for me).

Does anyone know what the heck I am referring to ?

I notice two tugs are now either in or close to, being inside the hangar.

Thanks you, HD1080ide. Appreciate it.

Liking this screen capture from streaming webcam image today.

7c53926e9696aaeb172a17d15d3abb7c.jpg

It's pretty cool seeing the Quantum life boats sitting out there ready to be loaded onto the ship. Makes me jealous thinking the only thing any of what is being built here will see, is crystal clear blue waters. Sounds weird being jealous of an inanimate object.

Someone posted something about keeping an eye on the tugs before float out...something to do with Anthem being towed out before QN...and I can't for the life of me find it (search not working properly currently for me).

Does anyone know what the heck I am referring to ?

I notice two tugs are now either in or close to, being inside the hangar.

There are two tugs (Gruno 3 and Gruno 4) that are now in position to remove the large part Anthem of the Seas from the builders shed. Here's a current Marine Traffic screen grab...

14896057785_05b4e9977b.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

There are two tugs (Gruno 3 and Gruno 4) that are now in position to remove the large part Anthem of the Seas from the builders shed. Here's a current Marine Traffic screen grab...

14896057785_05b4e9977b.jpg

Thanks David, I noticed they appeared to be moving around a bit today, hence my question. Hope you are well.

Thanks David, I noticed they appeared to be moving around a bit today, hence my question. Hope you are well.

Hope you are well also! I'm honored you remember me. It's been a couple of years since Allure of the Seas. I've put a hold on my cruising days for a while, not before completing a wonderful B2B this past December on Royal Princess. I'm saving up for my next big cruise which will probably be in 2017. Until then I'll be an armchair traveller. ;)

That's the word I was looking for.. :)

This isn't my first rodeo... lol ;)

Also, if I remember correctly, referring to the floatout tomorrow morning, it takes about 45 minutes to an hour for the bow to emerge from the builders shed once the 'official time' for the event begins. So for those staying up real late to watch the new baby arrive, it may take some time to see her since she's at the back of the building, as well as being the biggest thing they've ever floated from that building.

THANKS for the link. It'll be interesting to watch this mega-block slowly emerge.

:D

Good size crowd showed up for float out. Tomorrow should be bigger with campers and RVs. Well, that's what usually happens. Being a week day, I wonder what the turn out will be.

8920fa42dc5bda53a803ca984092b222.jpg

Hope you are well also! I'm honored you remember me. It's been a couple of years since Allure of the Seas. I've put a hold on my cruising days for a while, not before completing a wonderful B2B this past December on Royal Princess. I'm saving up for my next big cruise which will probably be in 2017. Until then I'll be an armchair traveller. ;)

Of course I remember you, you were just so excited about going on that Allure sailing, I used to see you often walking all around the ship taking tons of photos.

This is rather exciting today and I am so glad there are so many of you on here who know what you are talking about...makes life so much easier for those of us who have no idea. Thank you. :D

Of course I remember you, you were just so excited about going on that Allure sailing, I used to see you often walking all around the ship taking tons of photos.

This is rather exciting today and I am so glad there are so many of you on here who know what you are talking about...makes life so much easier for those of us who have no idea. Thank you. :D

I probably took a few of thousand pictures, narrowed down to just over 900 downloaded onto Flickr.

I still work the midnight shift here, so I'll be back later for the grand arrival of Quantum of the Seas. You're correct in saying this is an exciting day, tomorrow even more so, and I'm not even booked on her. I can only imagine what it's like for those who are seeing 'their ship' finally arrive for the first time.

Good size crowd showed up for float out. Tomorrow should be bigger with campers and RVs. Well, that's what usually happens. Being a week day, I wonder what the turn out will be.

8920fa42dc5bda53a803ca984092b222.jpg

Strange, I can't see that view... Mine is still pointed at the first Anthem megablock??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

It was pointed nearly straight down at the building hall main door, then switched back to the mega-block. Keep watching and it'll eventually switch back.

Thanks! I'm refreshing the Marine Traffic window on HD1080i's site like a madman, too :D It looks like Gruno4 has moved into position with the other tugs in front of the first Anthem megablock. Perhaps they are preparing to move it soon?

Thanks! I'm refreshing the Marine Traffic window on HD1080i's site like a madman, too :D It looks like Gruno4 has moved into position with the other tugs in front of the first Anthem megablock. Perhaps they are preparing to move it soon?

Looks like you were on the same cruise as I was on Oasis. =-) That is an incredible ship. And I see you're going on Freedom in a few weeks. We went on that ship for our honeymoon back in 2007 when a passenger jumped overboard. That is an awesome ship, and a ton of fun.

I never knew they put a small....carnival set up out there for occasions like this. I looks like there are a few hot dog type stands, and even a swing, or merry go round ride out there. That's incredible.

Yup. Wait until you see all the vehicles (cars, trailers, RVs, etc.) parked in parking lot tomorrow (assuming people will gather like they do when a float out happens on a weekend).

Can you share the link?

Looks like you were on the same cruise as I was on Oasis. =-) That is an incredible ship. And I see you're going on Freedom in a few weeks. We went on that ship for our honeymoon back in 2007 when a passenger jumped overboard. That is an awesome ship, and a ton of fun.

Oasis was truly incredible! Can't wait for Freedom! That is, unless jury duty gets in the way... I received a summons yesterday in the mail and of course it falls right in the middle of the trip! I have to apply for an official postponement of my jury duty :(

Yup. Wait until you see all the vehicles (cars, trailers, RVs, etc.) parked in parking lot tomorrow (assuming people will gather like they do when a float out happens on a weekend).

I've always wondered who the people are though. I'd assume some are from the community but I'd have to imagine the majority are the workers at the ship yard. During the float out the workers who did the major construction work probably aren't doing any building so I wonder if this is sort of like a company picnic/family day for them. If they are the workers the crowd could be huge regardless of the day.