Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

I can't for the life of me figure out the reason for that thing... Is it already in its set place in some of those pictures?

Maybe its geared towards the China market. We'll know soon enough. Let's reserve judgment to until the ship is delivered and we know what the art is all about.

Maybe its geared towards the China market. We'll know soon enough. Let's reserve judgment to until the ship is delivered and we know what the art is all about.

I'm not judging, just a little confused. You're right, I'm going to wait until the ship is done, and I can look at the whole thing..

If, as some people said, that China was a decision just because of not going to Bermuda, I think they would not have been able to get an artist and have it made for the ship that fast. Who knows, thats just something I was thinking about..

I'd tend to agree...gimmicky and for small kids maybe...

It's something I'd expect to see on a Disney ship perhaps.

Let's just see where they place it first... I'm sure there's a method to the madness. Maybe it's not even complete.

I thought the red stuff was a covering before it was unveiled. Now I see that it is actually red I am a little disappointed! Thought there would be some incredibly realistic bear underneath!

I was thinking the same thing. It might be that they could have still had it under contract for the "original Quantum III" and had it shipped earlier.

I thought the red stuff was a covering before it was unveiled. Now I see that it is actually red I am a little disappointed! Thought there would be some incredibly realistic bear underneath!

I agree, the red is what's confusing me. I thought a white/blue/grey would be nice, matching the rest of the ship. I'll have to see a real picture of the finished ship to see how it all works...

From the RCL website about the Red Bear

The bear titled “From Afar” is comprised of 1,340 stainless steel triangles, weighs approximately eight-tons and is intended to incite wonder among guests, encouraging them to admire the bear from afar, as well as interact with it on a more intimate, yet whimsical level. The piece helps guests explore the ship’s art theme by showcasing intangible qualities of what makes life worth living, such as peace, love, joy, gratitude and passion, which is what Quantum’s art pieces are meant to evoke, while sister ship, Anthem of the Seas, scheduled to debut April 2015,uncovers tangible aspects of the theme such as adventure, entertainment and nature.

Part of the 2980 piece multi million pound art collection on board Quantum & Anthem apparently.

I agree, the red is what's confusing me. I thought a white/blue/grey would be nice, matching the rest of the ship. I'll have to see a real picture of the finished ship to see how it all works...

Agreed. That's why I said, I don't think its done. It could be another piece to it, or it may not even be finished. Perhaps, its going into the adventure ocean kids program? Bottom line, it's WAY TOO EARLY to pass any type of judgment on this piece when the ship is not even done. Let's wait and see.