Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

The tugs Gruno 3, Gruno 4, Finn and Bremerhaven arrived today at the Meyer Werft shipyard. At 4pm local time they pulled out the bridge of the dock hall 2.

10473175_824465500897654_3629758406923730234_n.jpg

In addition, I have added a live map for all vessels to my webpage so that you can see the live stream and the ship positions at once: http://www.hd1080i.de/videos/schiffsvideos/live-ausdocken-der-quantum-seas-live-hd/?lang=en

Awesome! Thanks!

Any word on why RCI PR said the 13th and MW is saying the 12th?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Seems early to pull the bridge out, I thought they usually waited until just before they would pull the ships out. Wonder if they may try to bring Anthem out earlier than the time and day we were told if a window in the weather appears. At least we now know that both he mega block and Quantum are floating at full depth now. Hope they refresh the cam, would love to see the gap between Quantum and the crane now.

The tugs Gruno 3, Gruno 4, Finn and Bremerhaven arrived today at the Meyer Werft shipyard. At 4pm local time they pulled out the bridge of the dock hall 2.

In addition, I have added a live map for all vessels to my webpage so that you can see the live stream and the ship positions at once: http://www.hd1080i.de/videos/schiffsvideos/live-ausdocken-der-quantum-seas-live-hd/?lang=en

Thanks for the live map! Looking forward to the live images of the float out and the videos that will follow!

Seems early to pull the bridge out, I thought they usually waited until just before they would pull the ships out. Wonder if they may try to bring Anthem out earlier than the time and day we were told if a window in the weather appears. At least we now know that both he mega block and Quantum are floating at full depth now. Hope they refresh the cam, would love to see the gap between Quantum and the crane now.

Great points.....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app

Awesome! Thanks!

Any word on why RCI PR said the 13th and MW is saying the 12th?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Great question and I've been trying to find the answer to this for 2 days. I've even gone as far as tweeting Royal Caribbean PR but still no response or clarification on the date.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app

Edited by Babyrocko1908

I got the confirmation from the shipyard this morning, that the float out of the Quantum of the Seas will take place on August 12 4pm (and not August 13th).

The float-in of the 2 Anthem megablocks will last far into the night. I will try to stream as long as possible.

I got the confirmation from the shipyard this morning, that the float out of the Quantum of the Seas will take place on August 12 4pm (and not August 13th).

The float-in of the 2 Anthem megablocks will last far into the night. I will try to stream as long as possible.

Thanks you, HD1080ide. Appreciate it.

Liking this screen capture from streaming webcam image today.

7c53926e9696aaeb172a17d15d3abb7c.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

For those of you who are interested in some recent pics...

Here is a link to pictures taken on Saturday, August 8th. We had a meeting of a German/Austrian cruise forum in Papenburg Germany. Thanks to Royal Caribbean we got a VIP-Tour of the shipyard and were allowed to post in front of Quantum (usually off limits) for some group photos.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115329951158712806430/albums/6046048809975988145?authkey=CJqky8aIzOmofw

ZirDe0zVoKXIBVixJhLf9gvM83i_LnDf2BI1SCxu0V0=w338-h225-p-no

The pics show Quantum (of course), the "slices" of Anthem and some blocks of Anthem (theatre etc.) It was awesome to see it live.

BTW: Our group was accompanied by a very nice lady of Royal Caribbean for three days, asking and answering all kinds of questions.

Thank you Royal Caribbean!!!

Oliver

Here is a link to pictures taken on Saturday, August 8th. We had a meeting of a German/Austrian cruise forum in Papenburg Germany. Thanks to Royal Caribbean we got a VIP-Tour of the shipyard and were allowed to post in front of Quantum (usually off limits) for some group photos.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115329951158712806430/albums/6046048809975988145?authkey=CJqky8aIzOmofw

The pics show Quantum (of course), the "slices" of Anthem and some blocks of Anthem (theatre etc.) It was awesome to see it live.

BTW: Our group was accompanied by a very nice lady of Royal Caribbean for three days, asking and answering all kinds of questions.

Oliver

Oliver

Fantastic photos! Thank you for sharing them with us. Did the Royal Caribbean lady give you any insight on the "more to come" areas?

Arlene

Edited by parrotplay

Thanks you, HD1080ide. Appreciate it.

Liking this screen capture from streaming webcam image today.

7c53926e9696aaeb172a17d15d3abb7c.jpg

Thanks for this Lloyd - do you have the link to the webcam? I've lost it and can't find it!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oliver

Thank you for sharing. Hope that you had a great time.

This great close-up of the area above the bridge leaves one with the impression that passengers can indeed access it.

IMG_8542.JPG

Edited by Lloyd555

So what do you think we'll get to see tomorrow at the float out?

I guess I am referring mostly to the top deck, which we haven't had a good look at. We'll get a closer view of some parts of it.

There will be at least one drone at the float out. If Meyer Werft lets the operator use it, we can see some good views of the top deck.

So, anyhow, hope to see ...

Better view of inside of Two70, what with the windows' outer clear protective plastic having been removed. There is a white wrap on lower half of inside of the windows that you can see in latest photos. It may still be there tomorrow.

Better view of inside of inside the Solarium and the enclosed pool area.

Exterior pool area, H2O Zone.

Unassembled North Star. Or is it being stored elsewhere?

Unassembled RipCord. I believe that I've seen the top portion of the RipCord in an open door photo. I don't think it's yet atop the two base pieces - too tall!!?

The FlowRider. It will look like all other FlowRiders of course, but we may get to see the seating area up close.

Wrapped animal sculpture. If it ain't a gorilla, what is it?

A closer view of glass shelters on deck 5. If the protective paper has been removed from the glass, we may get to see inside them. What exactly are they? Bars? Eating area? Smoking shelters?

Lifeboats on the davits.

Anything else?

I don't know if I can bear the suspense? :D

Edited by Lloyd555

Thanks for this Lloyd - do you have the link to the webcam? I've lost it and can't find it!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I believe this is the link to the "live" webcam"

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/helper/stream.jsp

Edited by orville99

Oliver

Hi Oliver (great nickname btw)

Thank you for the great photos.

I think the group shot is great.

y8ezavyt.jpg

Thank you for sharing. Hope that you had a great time.

This great close-up of the area above the bridge leaves one with the impression that passengers can indeed access it.

IMG_8542.JPG

I think your right.

Why is this crane partially submerged in water? It looks like the cab is just sticking out a few feet.

Lol. Yes a great optical illusion there as the cab overhangs the legs on the dockside

Ok, I see the tall cranes in another photo and understand what I am looking at. This really is a good optical illusion even knowing it is sitting on the dock.