FLL 9:10am flight

CRUISING71

that s the advice almost all cruise lines give to allow for debarkation,transfers,etc.

Even carrying own luggage off,at first debarkation call last Monday.We were STILL in line to leave another ship at 7 30 an NEVER would have made that flight.What can go wrong,will, it seems;)

Thanks...I will see if I can leave out of MIA instead. Any other flight after is $ 304 MORE!!...

The airlines always price those early flights lower knowing they might tempt a few cruisers to buy the tickets. But if you do, you better have a back up plan including a hotel. :rolleyes: Most later flights from FTL are booked full and you might be in store for an extra evening in S. Fl.

Actually... if you have the time, you could still save money by spending the night and book that early flight the next day. That's what I'd do.:D

Actually... if you have the time, you could still save money by spending the night and book that early flight the next day. That's what I'd do.:D

That is great advice! :)

I had to be back to work on Monday or else I would stay and explore FLL and take our time getting home.

We are looking into flying into MIA and out of MIA, is there any company that you can recommend for transfer?

Thank you

Tibby

I had to be back to work on Monday or else I would stay and explore FLL and take our time getting home.

We are looking into flying into MIA and out of MIA, is there any company that you can recommend for transfer?

Thank you

Tibby

From MIA to Port Everglades? :confused: You have options:

• A one way rental car from MIA to FLL is likely the cheapest way to get there - and would let you go someplace for breakfast and do some last minute shopping.
  • A taxi will run $85+

• QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), MJS transportation (www.gomjstrans.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based shuttle services with reasonable prices
  • American SHuttle is based in side MIA (www.americanshuttle.com )
  • Larry's Limos has been suggested on these boards for Miami service - probably comparable to taxi fares, but hopefully a much nicer ride.
  • If you want to save $$ and have all day try the commuter train: http://www.tri-rail.com/

Good luck! :)

John,

As always...thank you for the info. I checked qsl and sas, they only transfer from FLL to port of Miami and vice versa but not from Mia to FLL.

Thanks, tibby

I knew SAS did not service MIA, but QLS used to - guess things are changing. :confused: Good luck with the other options! :)

The airlines always price those early flights lower knowing they might tempt a few cruisers to buy the tickets.

Airlines base their fares on many different things, but I highly doubt one of the factors is to "tempt a few cruisers"..........:rolleyes:

Airlines base their fares on many different things, but I highly doubt one of the factors is to "tempt a few cruisers"..........:rolleyes:

Obviously. It was said tongue in cheek....knowing that many cruisers come here with the same question because of those low cost flights ;)

So glad you are heeding the advice of other posters. That early of a flight? Much to risky if not impossible. Flying in and out of Miami is a wise alternative. I have read about many ways of getting to MIA from the port here on these boards, if you care to scan through other posts. Even an expensive taxi or limousine wouldn't cost as much as a later flight out of FLL, so if you can't enjoy an extra night in Lauderdale, a luxury ride to MIA might be a great option, if you can swing it.

Would never take the chance. It's too early. 10am is too early too....

I recently came back into port in Ft. Lauderdale and there was a fire in the port area (customs shut all arrivals down) so even though our ship was an hour early arriving...we did not walk off the ship until 9:30am.

Archived