No More Pre-Cruise Theater Reservation on Freedom and Liberty

Just checked my upcoming reservation for the Liberty and noticed my reservations for Saturday Night Fever and In the Air were cancelled.

Called RCL and they told me effective June 1st you need to book these reservation on the cruise. It would have been nice if they told me they cancelled them:confused::confused:

Looked at the website and here's the new information:

"Please Note: Pre-reservations for our main theater, aqua, comedy and ice shows are available for Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. Only ice shows are available for pre-reservations for Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas. For all other ships, see your onboard Cruise Compass for show times."

Just checked my upcoming reservation for the Liberty and noticed my reservations for Saturday Night Fever and In the Air were cancelled.

Called RCL and they told me effective June 1st you need to book these reservation on the cruise. It would have been nice if they told me they cancelled them:confused::confused:

Looked at the website and here's the new information:

"Please Note: Pre-reservations for our main theater, aqua, comedy and ice shows are available for Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. Only ice shows are available for pre-reservations for Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas. For all other ships, see your onboard Cruise Compass for show times."

we also received this for our cruise June 21 western med on LIBERTY

we are sailing in a suite and we considered this a really nice perk all my reservations were also cancelled for these shows

On FOS sailing in March 2013 the CD stated on his morning tv show that we could go to any show, we had all "made pretty much useless pre-cruise entertainment reservations" and that they are more of a "suggestion than reality"

Maybe they realized it's just an unnecsary added stress.

going onboard Oasis August 10th 2013, does this go for the Oasis class ships also?

No, you can still pre-book theater, aquatheater, comedy, and ice shows on Oasis and Allure.

We have been on Freedom 5 times and Independence once. We have never been able to make reservations ahead of time for shows in the past. This must be new? Since Dec. when I was on last?

Ice show tickets are available on the ship. Saturday Night Fever and In the Air are shows I have never seen on those ships? Did things change?

There really is no need for reservations for "In the Air" on Freedom. We've seen it twice out of our 3 Freedom cruises and there have always been lots of available seats. I think someone from RC finally figured this out!:D

Sherri:)

We have been on Freedom 5 times and Independence once. We have never been able to make reservations ahead of time for shows in the past. This must be new? Since Dec. when I was on last?

Ice show tickets are available on the ship. Saturday Night Fever and In the Air are shows I have never seen on those ships? Did things change?

I believe Saturday Night Fever is on Liberty. Freedom's big show is Marquee. Freedom has had advance reservations for theater shows for maybe a couple of years, until they just eliminated them starting June 1. Indy does not have any advance reservations for shows.

We were just on the Freedom in May and although we pre reserved all of our shows, many people on these boards had stated that there is no need to do that for any shows OTHER than the Ice show. I did it anyway just to make sure (I'm a little it of an over planner, if there is such a thing). They were right though, the only show where sea passes were scanned was the Ice show and all others were first come seating and there was NEVER a problem finding seats. I think it is kind of silly for them to have this option before boarding for any show other than the Ice show. Glad they realized that too.

I never understood why they started the reservation process on the Freedom class ships anyway. Other than the ice show there is not much issue getting into the theater. Now, Oasis and Allure are a whole different ballgame.

I never understood why they started the reservation process on the Freedom class ships anyway. Other than the ice show there is not much issue getting into the theater. Now, Oasis and Allure are a whole different ballgame.

This is only my guess, but I think they felt that My Time Dining would affect show scheduling more than it has. Taken to the extreme, if 75% of the guests started eating at say 6pm, this might case the show for that seating to be overcrowded. I'll bet that the capacity of MTD is a limiting factor in itself, so it hasn't (as yet) spilled into problems with too many people showing up to the same show.

Are you still able to pre-book the Freedom Ice show, or do you have to be up and in line early am in the Promenade to get tickets?

You can still pre-book the ice show on Freedom and Liberty.

There really is no need for reservations for "In the Air" on Freedom. We've seen it twice out of our 3 Freedom cruises and there have always been lots of available seats. I think someone from RC finally figured this out!:D

Sherri:)

They never checked for reservations for any of the shows in the theater. Only checked for the ice show. Making the reservations for the theater shows was a waste of time.

Archived