International flights-How to ?

SAS21

I am looking at a cruise that embarks in Rome and disembarks in Barcelona. I can't seem to find a website that allows me to make an inquiry for this type of flight.

All the websites want 3 flights when I put in multiflight option.

Any suggestions?

I am looking at a cruise that embarks in Rome and disembarks in Barcelona. I can't seem to find a website that allows me to make an inquiry for this type of flight.

All the websites want 3 flights when I put in multiflight option.

Any suggestions?

Well, I think you can certainly do it on most airline websites. I just tested American Airlines and its "Multi-city" option allowed me to directly specify JFK-Rome and BCN-JFK. I'm not sure all 3rd party sites support this, however.

Thanks for the help. I tried American and it worked. US Air however wants 3 flights. The cost is about the same as roundtrip on AA, so that helps for now.

Thanks again!

Just for kicks, I did multi-city trips on Kayak and Orbitz. For Kayak, you only need to enter data on the first two segment areas, leaving that third one blank. Kayak will automatically put in an airport entry in that second segment - you can erase that one and put in your airport.

Example: first segment: SLC to BCN

second segment: Kayak put in BCN, erase it, enter FCO and SLC

third segment: leave blank and just go directly to the search.

Orbitz had was OK, too, for that.

Also look at itasoftware dot com for your trip planning. ITA is the search engine provider for just about every flight search site out there. What you get in ITA is practically every flight permutation you'd want - sometimes other sites don't include every flight or are sometimes "biased" toward certain airlines. You can't book on ITA, but you can find what you want and then use other sites to build the itinerary or use a TA...

If you are using frequent flyer points on US Airways, be sure to call the airlines as the site will not allow you to book multiple cities. I made this mistake and the fees to change were ridiculous.

I just went to the USairways site and tried a dummy multi-city booking. I entered "PHX to BCN" for the first leg. I entered "FCO to PHX" for the second leg. Next to the header for the third leg is "(remove)" in red letters. Click on that remove and it gets rid of it. I was able to go through and select my coming and going flight and get a price for it....

Give it another try.

another website you may want to check is vayama.com - they had more options of different airlines than did Kayak and also more realistic layover times if you needed connecting flights -

Does anyone know if the hipmunk site uses the itasoftware? The results look similar - but the former does sell flights. I love the "agony" rating on the Hipmunk site.

I just went to the ITA site. Hipmunk is listed there as a client.

Archived