Favorite things to order at SS United States?

Turtles06

For those who have sailed on the Infinity, I'd loved to know your recommendations for "don't miss" dishes at the SS United States. (As well as anything to avoid.) I realize that food is very subjective, but if a bunch of folks say "don't miss the X," that's usually a pretty good indicator.

TIA!

We ate there twice on a recent cruise and we enjoyed every minute.

The lobster, lamb and petite filets were wonderful choices and the service was exceptional.

Enjoy!

Edited by sginva

Anyone had the duck?

The menu I found on X website says "breast of duck" but then goes on to describe the dish as a duck leg:confused:

Our experience in Ocean Liners onboard Connie was so amazing-I hope SS United States is just as good.

Nothing there is not good. It's all good. The salt is good. Everything.

- Joel

:):):)

Two mentions above for the goat cheese soufflé is a reason why I started this thread. That's probably something I would never have thought to order, but now it's going on the "must try" list.

4th mention of Goat Cheese Souffle !!! Yum yum! And the cheese course and the lobster bisque and medley of desserts ( a sampler) . Loved our meals there.

With these in mind the entree is secondary.. a mere filler while dreaming of the good stuff mentioned....;)

For those who have sailed on the Infinity, I'd loved to know your recommendations for "don't miss" dishes at the SS United States. (As well as anything to avoid.) I realize that food is very subjective, but if a bunch of folks say "don't miss the X," that's usually a pretty good indicator.

TIA!

We always liked the souffles, especially the chocolate in the past for desert Our last cruise on Constellation, they were not as flavorful, so you will need to decide for yourself. We typically skipped the cheese course.

For us specifically, it was the fun with others and just a nice long pampered meal till the end, then $$$. :rolleyes:

Edited by shipshape sam

My sister loved the venison when we were aboard Infinity in March 2011 (before refit). Also raved about the crepe dessert prepared table side that had strawberries, balsamic vinegar and cracked pepper. She said it was wonderful.

We loved the SS United States and didn't have anything I didn't like.

• 1 year later...

Hi Patty1955,

You mentioned "If you ask in advance, you can get Steak Diane."

Please, how can I do this? Do you know if I should talk to maitre on a previous day to my reservation?

I have a cruise for October 2014 ... and I love Steak Diana.

Thanks a lot.

We ate at the equivalent restaurant on the Millennium on our first Celebrity cruise and enjoyed the goat cheese soufflé. When we left, we were presented with a copy of the recipe. I'm not sure if this was one of the recipes featured in the cookbook that Celebrity published, but we have made them and been successful.

Turtles06, you've received a lot of great opinions already, and here is my two cents:

Starters:

- Lobster Bisque

- Smoked Salmon & Crab Parfait

- Tomato & Mozzarella Salad

Entrees:

- Lobster

- Venison

- Chateaubriand

Desserts:

- Crepe Ballon Rouge

- Assorted Gelato and Sorbetto

- Grand Marnier Souffle

In many meals there, I've never had room for the cheese course (even though I love cheese & I have a hearty appetite!). :p

Edited by X-elite