Condition of Celebrity Summit

ac110

We loved our Southern Caribbean Summit cruise but have to say our cabin though clean looked unrenovated in any way.

We did not know it but it had recently failed its health inspection .(Forget the formal name).

The staff were of course on their best cleaning behavior because of this.

The best part of this cruise was the itinerary. OP , if you love RC, perhaps you should continue to love them.

Summit has little WOW factor. I think you need to go to Celebrity's Solstice class to find this.

Failed health inspection again? It did about 5 years ago as well. I swore I'd never go on another Celebrity ship again, but decided to give it another chance on a newer ship. We will be on the Equinox mid August and hoping for the best...

Failed health inspection again? It did about 5 years ago as well. I swore I'd never go on another Celebrity ship again, but decided to give it another chance on a newer ship. We will be on the Equinox mid August and hoping for the best...

That post about the failed health inspection is from June of 2013. It might be the same failure of which you're aware from about 5 years ago.

I think you'll like Equinox.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Summit on Sunday 7/30 after an awesome Bermuda Cruise. Ship was in great shape. No issues whatsoever. We have previously sailed both Royal and NCL several times, as well as the Solstice once. The Summit was in good a shape as any of the ships we have been on before.

It is great if they have cleaned up their act but I won't risk taking a group of more than 50 people on a ship on a line that let their ship get to that state in the first place. Poor management does not always change.

Why would you risk taking 50 people on a ship you haven't been on?

FYI - the Summit sails full every week at fares that other similar lines envy. I don't think we are all wrong. We aren't buying the ship, we are vacationing on it - and to most, food, service, ambiance, cleanliness and overall experience is more important than age.

Why would you risk taking 50 people on a ship you haven't been on?

FYI - the Summit sails full every week at fares that other similar lines envy. I don't think we are all wrong. We aren't buying the ship, we are vacationing on it - and to most, food, service, ambiance, cleanliness and overall experience is more important than age.

Well said!

Just off the Summit on Sunday 7/30 after an awesome Bermuda Cruise. Ship was in great shape. No issues whatsoever. We have previously sailed both Royal and NCL several times, as well as the Solstice once. The Summit was in good a shape as any of the ships we have been on before.

We came off the Summit on Sunday as well and were once again very happy with our 4th cruise on her in 5 years! We brought 6 family members with us who had never sailed her and they were all impressed with every aspect of this beautiful little ship!

I'd sail her if she was a 50 yr old rust bucket anyday after hearing the complaints about the Breakaway from people we met here and there once we were in Bermuda.

Overcrowded, kids running everywhere, have to make reservations for everything, a crew that was just okay...no thank you!

Love the Summit!

I realize this is an old thread BUT I've sailed on the Summit more times than I care to count. I was on her in May and in July of this year and will be back on her in September. She is in excellent condition. She is a beautiful ship - just the right size. No glam or glitz, but who needs it??? The Summit and her crew are by far my favorite!!

A member posting a recent review believes the Summit and other M class ships are for sale. He believes this is the Summit.

http://www.qpsships.com/copy-of-s2348-cruise-ship

Yours for 350 million

Who knows? Could be real (Edge will likely replace something), but likely much earlier than X would want to sell--they would want their replacements. Plus, RCI will likely want to move the ship elsewhere in their "family" much like they moved the Century.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will give the Summit a chance by cruising on her myself without a group first to see how she is considering her dry dock in 2016. If I find her and Celebrity worthy I will bring groups on Celebrity.

I realize many people are just negative in their reviews however the original review which I replied to was fair and had legitimate concerns.

Seriously who on here really cares what you do with your alleged group of 50 people. Go find a newer ship.

Seriously who on here really cares what you do with your alleged group of 50 people. Go find a newer ship.

Your post reads harsh but ITA with your point. Some people prefer the ambiance and amenities which come with a bigger and newer ship. I don't know why posters are arguing with the poster. Nothing wrong with booking the experience you're looking for.

How is the upstairs nightclub looking? Has the carpet and furniture etc been upgraded? When we were on her for Bermuda, that whole area was very dusty, had dirty windows and hatching flies...

It was much older than when we sailed on her to the Carib and RT to Hawaii..we had a good but not great on board experience, so we have not returned to Summit although we loved Bermuda.

We just got off Summit a few days ago. With the exception of the sofa in our stateroom looking a bit tired, the rest of the ship looked to be in great conditions. The flooring, walls, armchairs, all looked good. I didn't see any nicks or scratches anywhere, and I didn't see anything (aside from our sofa) that looked like it needed to be replaced. Will be happy to post pictures, if I can figure out how

We just got off Summit a few days ago. With the exception of the sofa in our stateroom looking a bit tired, the rest of the ship looked to be in great conditions. The flooring, walls, armchairs, all looked good. I didn't see any nicks or scratches anywhere, and I didn't see anything (aside from our sofa) that looked like it needed to be replaced. Will be happy to post pictures, if I can figure out how

Just off Summit in June 2017. Agree with above post that most of the common areas were in great shape due to the drydock. However, room was unacceptable because it appears they have not been touched. Ours had duct tape on the mirror, the bathroom had an awful stench from the drain, the toilet had to be repaired, and there was a puddle in front of the wardrobes for three days from a leak from the air con which also damaged the carpet. Outside the stateroom the only problem we encountered was in the Persian Gardens. The aromatherapy steam room had a broken diffuser so no aromatics, and the heated seats shut down completely half way through the cruise. It was my first and last time on the Summit.

What cabin were you in?

Just off Summit in June 2017. Agree with above post that most of the common areas were in great shape due to the drydock. However, room was unacceptable because it appears they have not been touched. Ours had duct tape on the mirror, the bathroom had an awful stench from the drain, the toilet had to be repaired, and there was a puddle in front of the wardrobes for three days from a leak from the air con which also damaged the carpet. Outside the stateroom the only problem we encountered was in the Persian Gardens. The aromatherapy steam room had a broken diffuser so no aromatics, and the heated seats shut down completely half way through the cruise. It was my first and last time on the Summit.

What cabin were you in?