Comfort gladiator- bronze metallic

Hoyaheel

I'm looking for a new sandal - I'll probably use it for work, but I also want to be able to walk quite a bit during travel. I'm thinking of a gladiator type style. Must have a thick & supportive sole! No thin leather - that doesn't work for me. I'm not as concerned about the cost - I don't buy a ton of shoes, I buy things I expect will last a long time and that I will wear the heck out of.

I looked at DSW today, I looked at REI, Nordstrom Rack, and Nordstrom online. These are a few I've thought about (haven't tried on all the brands though) Any other suggestions? I prefer leather.

Ecco Flash Gladiator

Naot Bernice I like this but I don't see it in a bronze metallic, and I don't want silver. Guess this pale tan could work....

J-41 St. John Tried this on - really comfortable (and on clearance at DSW) but the color is about the same color as my foot- I don't like that style.

Naot Cloud Like this, wonder how the ankle strap would fit. Haven't tried Naot - don't think there are any stores nearby to try for size so I'd just have to read reviews and see if they're narrow or wide and then hope for the best :rolleyes:

Naot Cymbal This is another cute Naot.

Birkenstock Chania OK, I love this shoe. But it might be a little TOO "gladiator" for my preppy sensibilities. I know Birkies fit me so well, though. But it doesn't come in a metallic, so....

I'm looking for a new sandal - I'll probably use it for work, but I also want to be able to walk quite a bit during travel. I'm thinking of a gladiator type style. Must have a thick & supportive sole! No thin leather - that doesn't work for me. I'm not as concerned about the cost - I don't buy a ton of shoes, I buy things I expect will last a long time and that I will wear the heck out of.

I looked at DSW today, I looked at REI, Nordstrom Rack, and Nordstrom online. These are a few I've thought about (haven't tried on all the brands though) Any other suggestions? I prefer leather.

Ecco Flash Gladiator

Naot Bernice I like this but I don't see it in a bronze metallic, and I don't want silver. Guess this pale tan could work....

J-41 St. John Tried this on - really comfortable (and on clearance at DSW) but the color is about the same color as my foot- I don't like that style.

Naot Cloud Like this, wonder how the ankle strap would fit. Haven't tried Naot - don't think there are any stores nearby to try for size so I'd just have to read reviews and see if they're narrow or wide and then hope for the best :rolleyes:

Naot Cymbal This is another cute Naot.

Birkenstock Chania OK, I love this shoe. But it might be a little TOO "gladiator" for my preppy sensibilities. I know Birkies fit me so well, though. But it doesn't come in a metallic, so....

Hi, I found this link to Sierra Trading Post......they have some

leather Gladiator sandals too. I am not normally a gladiator gal

but I think this particular pair is cute and they are metallic. Oh,

I have worn Sofft before and they are quite comfy.

Here is the link to the whole page:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/womens-sandals~d~264/searchwithin~gladiator-sandals/

sofft-ravia-gladiator-metallic-thong-sandals-leather-for-women-in-sand-snake~p~4148v_02~220.3.jpg

Love your taste, Hoyaheel! Now I want the Naot Bernice! I have one pair of Naot loafer type shoes that are true to size, but have not tried the sandals yet.

Have you seen the Ecco Groove in metallic leather? Not true gladiator but still cute. I thought I'd mention them to you since they are a bronze or gold color. I have these in the metallic and black and really like them. I took the black pair on a cruise to the Med last fall and walked all over in them.

http://www.zappos.com/ecco-groove-t-strap-sandal-warm-grey-metallic-leather

Have you looked at Earthies? They have a pretty wide selection of styles.

http://www.earthbrands.com/earthies?gender=women&depart=shoes&cat=sandals

Not gladiators but I have these and love, love, LOVE them, super comfortable. Bought them on vacation at full price, then got home and saw them online for almost half what I paid.:(

http://www.earthbrands.com/item/earthies-rosarito/16178/253

I'll probably use it for work, but I also want to be able to walk quite a bit during travel...

Gotcha. Since you asked and have specified it is for walking on vacation, personally, I would go for a shoe that has a back to it or at least a back strap. If you go for a shoe that doesn't have this, you will always be fighting (consciously or subconsciously!) to keep it on your foot. I had to see a physiotherapist some years ago because of this. He said it was from trying to keep the shoe on my foot - our foot instinctively does "something" to rectify this, whether we are aware of it or not.

This is what I look for; hope this helps. :)

Hi, I found this link to Sierra Trading Post......they have some

leather Gladiator sandals too. I am not normally a gladiator gal

but I think this particular pair is cute and they are metallic. Oh,

I have worn Sofft before and they are quite comfy.

Here is the link to the whole page:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/womens-sandals~d~264/searchwithin~gladiator-sandals/

sofft-ravia-gladiator-metallic-thong-sandals-leather-for-women-in-sand-snake~p~4148v_02~220.3.jpg

I own these and they are super comfortable. I bought them in the Spring 2012 and they are holding up wonderfully. The ones in this picture are not metallic, but I remember that they also came in bronze. I am kicking myself that I did not buy the bronze pair as well.

Lisa

Thanks for the input so far guys!

*Depending on the specific shoe, I can walk quite far and quite well in a backless sandal. I've walked miles and miles in various Birkenstocks over the years :p Arch support tends to be more important for me.

* Born do not fit me well, nor do most Clarks or new Merrells, actually. But I like that Born style so I might have to try again.

*Looks like the Ecco Flash is sold out from 6pm at least, but that goes on my short list:D

*I like Sofft and they fit me well - most of their styles I've seen seem to be higher heeled than their partner company - Softspots....

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a BUNCH of shoes online; they arrived earlier this week and I've narrowed my favorites to three: Naot Bernice, Taos Trophy, and Ecco Groove. All super comfortable, all different colors (nude/tan, bronze, warm gold) So I don't know which I want to keep:p

Mom is coming over tomorrow to try on all the shoes to see if she wants any before I send them back. I'll get her input with a couple of outfits and she if she has advice. I might keep 2 pairs, but given the prices (and overall similarity in the styles) I won't keep all three pairs....

I ordered a BUNCH of shoes online; they arrived earlier this week and I've narrowed my favorites to three: Naot Bernice, Taos Trophy, and Ecco Groove. All super comfortable, all different colors (nude/tan, bronze, warm gold) So I don't know which I want to keep:p

Mom is coming over tomorrow to try on all the shoes to see if she wants any before I send them back. I'll get her input with a couple of outfits and she if she has advice. I might keep 2 pairs, but given the prices (and overall similarity in the styles) I won't keep all three pairs....

Let us know which ones you choose:) and now I need to go find them

on line to see what they look like:D

Archived