Scandinavia and Russia by Carnival Legend

Hello! I would like to ask if any of you or your family/friends happened to cruse on Carnival Legend to Scandinavia and Russia? We are looking in to that route and not sure what to expect and how to prepare? Any of your comments and suggestions will be appreciated. :confused:

...actually, the one that starts in London and hits Scotland, Ireland, etc...

I think the biggest issue would be (besides funds, work, etc.) figuring out what flight to take that would get us there in time...big difference between California and London time! :rolleyes:

Granted, we could enlist the support of CCL Flight Assistance, but at what extra cost, right?

Hello! I would like to ask if any of you or your family/friends happened to cruse on Carnival Legend to Scandinavia and Russia? We are looking in to that route and not sure what to expect and how to prepare? Any of your comments and suggestions will be appreciated. :confused:

She hasn't done this itinerary yet. First time will be June 21. she has been in the Med. since her TA. EM

We are booked on this cruise on the 15th July out of Dover. We are really looking forward to it.

The Splendour did this itinerary in 2008, so you may be able to find some reviews form that summer

We're sailing on July 3. First and foremost for us was planning our visit to St. Petersburg. Unless you have a Russian visa on your own, you cannot get off the ship unless you have a tour booked with a licensed tour operator - either through Carnival or an independent tour operator. Go over to the ports of call board for lots of information about tours. None of the other ports require a visa.

There is a CC member who did a Baltic cruise on Splendor back in 2008 who has a wealth of information on his website - zydecocruiser dot net.

We're sailing on July 3. First and foremost for us was planning our visit to St. Petersburg. Unless you have a Russian visa on your own, you cannot get off the ship unless you have a tour booked with a licensed tour operator - either through Carnival or an independent tour operator. Go over to the ports of call board for lots of information about tours. None of the other ports require a visa.

There is a CC member who did a Baltic cruise on Splendor back in 2008 who has a wealth of information on his website - zydecocruiser dot net.

Hey Kathy.

You are on the cruise before us, hope you have a great time

We're on the July 27th sailing. If you're interested, you'd better book now because they're not going to do an European cruises next year and have even canceled some of the fall cruises and are sending the Legend back to the US earlier than originally planned.

We're on the July 27th sailing. If you're interested, you'd better book now because they're not going to do an European cruises next year and have even canceled some of the fall cruises and are sending the Legend back to the US earlier than originally planned.

Wow, I did not know this. Hope they dont cancel my later summer Baltic cruise as I am on the August 8th sailing.

Thanks for the advice on the Baltic Splendour journey I will look it up.

Wow, I did not know this. Hope they dont cancel my later summer Baltic cruise as I am on the August 8th sailing.

They are not canceling any just not continuing them in 2014

I know that but the quoted post suggests they cancelled extra cruises at the end of the Legend's stint in Europe.
They did cancel several cruises some months ago, but I doubt they would cancel any more. I know the bookings haven't been what Carnival wanted - one of the big reasons is the airfare. We're at the point the airfare costs more than the cruise.

• 1 year later...

Will be in Istanbul on August 13/2015 looking for people to join group for excursions. Group of 7 -8 people needed( I have 4 people from my family). Really like SPB Medeterenian tours advertised. Check their website. Had their tour guide and private van in St' Petersburg were very impressed with their service.

Will be in Istanbul on August 13/2015 looking for people to join group for excursions. Group of 7 -8 people needed( I have 4 people from my family). Really like SPB Medeterenian tours advertised. Check their website. Had their tour guide and private van in St' Petersburg were very impressed with their service.

I saw a bus that stops at the castle first. That seems like the best option. Anyone have other suggestions?

Y'all resurrected a thread that is two years old. :confused:

I saw a bus that stops at the castle first. That seems like the best option. Anyone have other suggestions?

hmmm...you do realize this thread is 2 years old?

Go to the port board for Turkey. You will have better luck there.

Ah look at me there, speaking two years ago when I was a cruise virgin...look at me now! :D

It was a beautiful cruise.

Ah look at me there, speaking two years ago when I was a cruise virgin...look at me now! :D

It was a beautiful cruise.

LOL, don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back.;) Did you ever do a review, sorry I missed those sailings......:(?