Everything quantum!!!!!!

The aft sections on decks 3 and 4 are unlabelled, hoping that will me the MDR....

Hoping so. Only issue is they aren't labeled "More to Come":(

Ok, that's weird, the plans I saw (from a link on one of these threads) had the names and locations of four of the restaurants on the back of 3 and 4 - The Grande, Chic, Silk, and American Icon Grille. They were anthem plans, not quantum plans, so maybe they're just not showing up in the quantum plans?

reply.gif

icon1.gifHere are the restaurants on the Anthem / Quantum!

Taken from the deck plans published on the UK RCI site.

Edit: With thanks to user Elizanessie for posting the update in the Anthem thread on the deck plans.

Deck 3

The Grande

From bee f Wellingt on to chicken a l’orange, the world’s

classic dishes come together for formal night, every night.

Chic

Where the freshest ingredients of the wild are evolved to the

height of contemporary cuisine

Deck 4

Silk

Weave your way through a vibrant tapestry of Chinese,

Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese and Indian cooking.

American Icon Grill

America’s favorite comfort foods, homespun in our kitchen

with a few creative twists.

Michael’s Genuine Pub

James Beard Award-winner Michael Schwartz brings you

delicious yet uncomplicated pub fare, plus his namesake

craft beer.

Sorrento’s

For an authentic New York pizzeria experience, head to

Sorrento’s for fully-loaded pies right out of the oven. Sample

rotating creations from chorizo to Hawaiian to Pizza Florentine

– with classic cheese and pepperoni always on call.

Café Promenade

This café on the Royal Promenade offers specialty coffees,

snacks and pastries in the morning and sandwiches and

cookies throughout the day and night.

Deck 5

Jamie’s Italian by Jamie Oliver

Chef Jamie Oliver presents a menu of rustic Italian favorites,

handmade with fresh, seasonal ingredients.

Chops GrilleSM

Our hallmark restaurant now features a revamped menu that

brings contemporary flair to traditional steakhouse offerings.

Chef’s Table

A once-in-a-lifetime culinary experience. In this exclusive

space, 14 guests will enjoy a five-course menu of gourmet

selections specially prepared and personally presented by

the Chef de Cuisine. Every course is accompanied by wine

pairings chosen to enhance your enjoyment of each dish.

Izumi Japanese Cuisine

The traditional Japanese dishes at Izumi will impress

you with their pure, delicate flavors, freshness of ingredients

and impeccable presentation. Diners can choose from

popular sushi rolls, sashimi, our Hot Rock (Ishiyaki) Plates,

sukiyaki and more.

Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine

Our chefs twist the kaleidoscope to invent fantasy gourmet

dishes, magical elixirs, and more never-before-seen fare.

The Café @ Two70°

An easy grab n’ go, gourmet marketplace that lets you

pick the view. Choose from a variety of savory hot-pressed

sandwiches, salads made to your liking, homemade soups

and more. Your selections are packed up picnic-style, so you

can enjoy them in Two70° or anywhere else you like onboard.

Deck 14 (pool deck)

Johnny Rockets®

All the style of a classic ‘50s diner, now serving poolside —

burgers, fries and the best old-fashioned malted milk shakes.

Coastal Kitchen

Exclusively for suite guests, a fresh new fusion of California

cool and Med-inspired taste.

Solarium Bistro

During the day enjoy a classic bistro plate with a loved one

or bring the family to this delicious dining experience that has

something for everyone.

Windjammer Marketplace

A global culinary pavilion that invites you to explore the

world, dish by dish. Enticing food islands weave throughout,

showcasing international fare while mapping your way

between new, interactive stations with pressed paninis,

fresh juices, and desserts at the on-site bakery. Plus a new

24-hour station, The Grill, with all-day breakfast and more

on a menu that changes daily

Deck 15

SeaPlex Dog House

The first food truck at sea, serving up traditional hot dogs, brats,

and sausages, plus a variety of toppings to split a long bun.

They're also posted on the Quantum Class Wikipedia page as ahecht noted. Sorry Royal, you lose :p. Perhaps y'all should be a little more careful next time... or not as absurdly obsessed with secrecy as if the dining options on your new ship were a matter of national security... either one. :rolleyes::p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum-class_cruise_ship

Oh nice! I missed the part of the "The Grill" at the Windjammer before it disappeared.:rolleyes:

I LOVE that, I think it's a great option. Someone said (I can't remember which thread it was on and whether or not the thread still exists) that they'll have to keep it from getting too good so that it doesn't compete with Johnny Rockets LOL, which is actually a very astute point. I'm curious to see how they'll distinguish the two products.

I am angry about this, I put my deposit down last October; yet I still know little more than I did, last year. Compare this with my maiden voyage, on the NCL Epic, where I was fully aware of what would be on the ship. I will not book anything like this again: I dislike being completely in the dark, for what is it 6 months plus+++!!!

In fact, this lead to me booking my first Crystal cruise and NOT booking the Quantum II (or whatever it is called) for its first transatlantic crossing in 2015.

I strongly dislike how this has been done by Royal and hope this will not continue, as it will lead me to try other lines, as shown above!!

Oh nice! I missed the part of the "The Grill" at the Windjammer before it disappeared.:rolleyes:

I missed that too. It sure sounds like Quantum's Windjammer is a complete 180 from Oasis. With Oasis they were downplaying it and pushing all the alternative venues to go eat at. This Windjammer sounds like a huge upgrade, the first in a long time and should attract people to the venue 24 hours a day!

I missed that too. It sure sounds like Quantum's Windjammer is a complete 180 from Oasis. With Oasis they were downplaying it and pushing all the alternative venues to go eat at. This Windjammer sounds like a huge upgrade, the first in a long time and should attract people to the venue 24 hours a day!

And it looks like it has a nice outdoor seating area based on the renderings... if so, that in and of itself is a huge upgrade!

And it looks like it has a nice outdoor seating area based on the renderings... if so, that in and of itself is a huge upgrade!

The outdoor seating on Brilliance class is wonderful! Oasis class windjammer is not very user friendly or appealing, just my opinion.

The outdoor seating on Brilliance class is wonderful! Oasis class windjammer is not very user friendly or appealing, just my opinion.

Similarly the Solstice class has a very user friendly area, including outdoor space ... So I'm hoping they take some inspiration from that too!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Similarly the Solstice class has a very user friendly area, including outdoor space ... So I'm hoping they take some inspiration from that too!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Agreed, I thought the outdoor area on the S Class was the best yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Sorry, but no Main Dining Room is probably going to be a serious deal breaker for me! I am booked on the Quantum for next February, and unless I am missing something, I am absolutely not paying THAT much for a cruise with no MDR option (and also BTW, 5 of a 9-day cruise at sea with no other options). I am not 'Freestyling' on Royal hoping to get into one of the included dining options. If I wanted to do that, I would be cruising NCL.

I don't know if anyone else feels as I do, but dinner in the MDR with the same servers each night is something we look forward to... I am VERY sad!

I agree with you there. I enjoy the MDR and like having the same wait staff every night. I heard that they follow you on the Disney cruises when you move from DR to DR but before I "poo-poo" this, I will try it out and then will decide if I like it or not.

I agree with you there. I enjoy the MDR and like having the same wait staff every night. I heard that they follow you on the Disney cruises when you move from DR to DR but before I "poo-poo" this, I will try it out and then will decide if I like it or not.

Hi TLS...

I started reading about Disney's rotational dining... they have been doing this for some time on their ships in themed dining rooms. Makes sense to do this on Disney, where you have so many themes to utilize and the differences make the children happier. However, I am still not sold on the idea - it does look like the 4 smaller dining areas (Silk, Grande, Chic and American Grill) are going to be the 4 dining venues that will 'rotate' if that is what RCCL is doing on this ship. I will not be happy if it is 'freestyle' kind of thing though... I will wait for more information before 'jumping ship' (LOL!) I will also have to try it out before I give it the total thumbs down (or thumbs up) for us. I am going to try to keep an open mind, but the change, at least for me without having experienced it yet, is disappointing at first glance.

Hi TLS...

I started reading about Disney's rotational dining... they have been doing this for some time on their ships in themed dining rooms. Makes sense to do this on Disney, where you have so many themes to utilize and the differences make the children happier. However, I am still not sold on the idea - it does look like the 4 smaller dining areas (Silk, Grande, Chic and American Grill) are going to be the 4 dining venues that will 'rotate' if that is what RCCL is doing on this ship. I will not be happy if it is 'freestyle' kind of thing though... I will wait for more information before 'jumping ship' (LOL!) I will also have to try it out before I give it the total thumbs down (or thumbs up) for us. I am going to try to keep an open mind, but the change, at least for me without having experienced it yet, is disappointing at first glance.

I was reading the other thread just now and they said that the Wikipedia site listed that Anthem was going to be totally Any Time Dining but of course it has now been removed. hmmmmmmm

I was reading the other thread just now and they said that the Wikipedia site listed that Anthem was going to be totally Any Time Dining but of course it has now been removed. hmmmmmmm

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone. I could put that the Anthem has sunk off the coast of England and it'd show up there.

I looked at the Wikipedia page history and it never said that. It just said that there wasn't a single main dining room.

It's slightly off-topic, but the 3rd Oasis Class is being modified to have some features of QoS.

The tiered solarium, for one, and they're adding a water slide (based on sketches).

If this is true, I wonder if there's going to be a water slide on QoS that has yet to be revealed.

Am I the only one who actually really likes these split dining rooms? To me, it appears that one will be "formal" every night (for those of us who really like to dress up), another appears to be "semi-formal" (where formal or business casual would fit... similar to the apparel of the current dining rooms) and the others appear to be more "casual" (which would fit all those cruisers who post that they have no desire to bring dress clothes on a ship). It seems to me you can dress up & go to an "included fare" dining room every night if you want OR you can keep uber casual and go to an "included fare" dining room every night if that's your thing. I do get that having your same wait staff every night would be a problem with this concept, but since we choose to mainly dine in specialty restaurants for the majority of our cruise anyway, this doesn't bother me personally. I've never sailed NCL, so I can't personally compare. Perhaps it could become a problem that you won't be able to get "in" to the dining room you want each night... but couldn't that be handled by reserving far in advance just like the other specialty restaurants instead of waiting until that evening to decide?

One negative that I foresee with the multiple dining rooms is catering to those that have food allergies. With the one MDR we have the same server and the same head waiter that know about your allergy and work with you to ensure that you still get a great dining experience.

Even going to a specialty restaurant on the current ships involves a stop earlier in the day to make sure that they know of any special requirements.

Really hoping that it is the rotational dining and you keep the same servers.

The aft sections on decks 3 and 4 are unlabelled, hoping that will me the MDR....

I think the areas you are referring to have always been "blank" areas on the deck plans (i.e. not labeled "more to come"). I have always just assumed that those were the kitchen & prep areas and will never be public spaces. I really don't think that they are the MDR. It appears the MDR has now become 4 separate eating venues... a formal, a semi-formal & 2 casual venues. At this point it is almost a certainty that there will be no traditional MDR on the Quantum. Although this doesn't bother me in the least because we like to rotate our dining every night anyway, I can see it would be a disappointment for those who love the MDR.