Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

Shogun - Thanks for the "LIVE", enjoyed the ride along ;) wonderful pics (especially of "puppy" Shogun) and all the wonderful information you provided us all.

Thanks also to all of the other contributors that were sailing aboard this Maiden....really helped to make the time go by a little quicker in getting to our own Maiden TA in October....can't wait to board the Royal & you have all gotten us a little bit MORE excited :D:D:D

It has been mentioned on a thread that us men are useless as we did not take a photo of the hairdrier. So to balance things here are some pictures just for the ladies. :D ;)

machines_zps32eaaa83.jpg

softeners_zps88b5fec8.jpg

tokens_zpsd0a5b813.jpg

sign_zps6e219c2b.jpg

Just for Ladies???? I'll have you know that my hubby really gives me a "vacation" on a cruise and does ALL of our laundry while on the cruise. Maybe you need to take lessons!!!

kids-teens-pelicans-5108.jpg?m=1371561356

I was as horrified as everyone else about the play area but from the angle in this shot it looks a LOT safer (As long as the space between the shorter wall and the taller one is too wide for a toddler to climb from the top of one directly to the top of the other)!

I do not have children but KNOW that this is an "accident waiting to happen". Surely Princess will take note of these comments and make this a "safer" place for children.

I was as horrified as everyone else about the play area but from the angle in this shot it looks a LOT safer (As long as the space between the shorter wall and the taller one is too wide for a toddler to climb from the top of one directly to the top of the other)!

I don't think it looks that much different. From both pictures, it just does not look safe at all. Perhaps in person it is way different (I would hope)

Or up against the interior white wall. . .

Dave had a link in post 5575 of his Everything Royal thread that shows more pics of the play area. I'll try to link here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38925084&postcount=5575

Look in the section for kids. Other views.

Much better perspective of that play area. It is surrounded by a higher wall, even up against the outside rail. But I don't think I'd be comfortable with it if I were travelling with young kids. I remember when mine were that age and I think they would find a way to get up and stand on that rail and look thru the glass at the water. Then who knows what next??:eek:

I teach in a preschool. Unsupervised, some kids will find a way to climb up to the top of the tree and then get to the railing, especially with that light post there to help. Supervised, I don't think it would happen. But my school wouldn't have it that way (and, as child-proof as our playground is, you'd be amazed at what some kids get themselves into).

Hi All

Shower

Was going to say this is a great improvement on past ones, first its not fixed plus the head has a good range of shower patterns .

Toilet

Now the fun part check out any pics you see of the toilet, the loo paper is behind you to the left under the sink, not easy place to reach.bend over to reach it and your butt is out the door,

yours Shogun

Hi All

Shower

Was going to say this is a great improvement on past ones, first its not fixed plus the head has a good range of shower patterns .

Toilet

Now the fun part check out any pics you see of the toilet, the loo paper is behind you to the left under the sink, not easy place to reach.bend over to reach it and your butt is out the door,

yours Shogun

What a fantastic visual you have just painted for us! I'm sure this will be the first thing NEW cruisers on Royal will want to check out. Of course, the solution that hopefully will "send the message" would be to remove the paper roll from the holder and SET IT PROMENANTLY ON THE FLAT SURFACE NEXT TO THE SINK!! that sure beats dislocating a shoulder!! :D

Aren't we getting a little carried away analyzing a 768 million dollar ship from some photos?

This is not Fincantieri's first play area.:D

Mike:)

Carried away?

OK more important design features are:-

Lack of central staircase

No wrap around promenade deck

Good to see that depilation has been catered for;)

What a fantastic visual you have just painted for us! I'm sure this will be the first thing NEW cruisers on Royal will want to check out. Of course, the solution that hopefully will "send the message" would be to remove the paper roll from the holder and SET IT PROMENANTLY ON THE FLAT SURFACE NEXT TO THE SINK!! that sure beats dislocating a shoulder!! :D

That is what will probably happen. Of course every time the Cabin Attendant comes in, it will be put back on:D

Carried away?

OK more important design features are:-

Lack of central staircase

No wrap around promenade deck

Good to see that depilation has been catered for;)

Huh??? Haven't noticed anything in these posts about removal of hair, wool, or bristles! What did I miss?? :confused::confused:

Hi All

Shower

Toilet

yours Shogun

Oh, the visual!!! laugh3.gif

The picture of Shogun as a pup is a charmer!:D

As for the play area, the walls surrounding it seem high enough, but the one thing I have learned in 30 years of teaching is to never underestimate what a child can or will do. It would be wiser to move the equipment away from the seaside wall and rail.

That is what will probably happen. Of course every time the Cabin Attendant comes in, it will be put back on:D

that's OK with me! I'm a Quality Assurance dude and as often as he replaces it, I can remove it and put it where I can get to it. That's called a repeatable process!! Maybe I'll go for ISO 9000 certification on this cruise!!

Huh??? Haven't noticed anything in these posts about removal of hair, wool, or bristles! What did I miss?? :confused::confused:

I think it's reference to the ledge in the shower as a convenient place to put your foot while shaving a leg.

Nope- after the second night our steward got the message and left it by the sink!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi All

kids-teens-pelicans-5109.jpg?m=1371561357

this pic shows a good sized gap

yours Shogun

It appears from Shogun's photo that Princess has moved the jungle gym away from the sea railing and closer to the internal wall. If one of the toddlers were able to make it over the giraffe (which I doubt - not impossible, though), at least they won't be lost at sea. I have more concerns about my kid out on the balcony, climbing up on the chair and leaping over the side. I guess supervision, always, is the key.

A few more things I was hoping to get from either those on the last cruise, or from the next cruise:

- Picture of the menu and prices of items at the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar

- Cost of Whiskey Shooters at the Wheelhouse Bar

- What all is offered at the Sabatini's Flights and Bites in Vines

- Pricing of the Tea Tower at International Cafe

- Sabatini's lunch menu

- Views looking forward and aft, and over the railing, as seen while standing on the Promenade Deck outside of Crooners and Facets, and over the railing as seen from the Promenade Deck outside of the Vista Lounge.

- Picture of the Calypso Cove on the aft port side of the pool deck

- What exactly are all of the different food options & choices at the Outrigger Bar

Sorry if anybody has posted some of these already but I'm way back on page 49!!!

4uny2u7a.jpg

etetezup.jpg

yhypyveh.jpg

zavuvu4u.jpg

Your pictures definitely have that "wow" element. Thank you for posting!:)

kids-teens-pelicans-5108.jpg?m=1371561356

I know that many will disagree with me, but any parent who has a problem here needs to address it with their children first and then the staff. Your children should tour the area with you and you should indicate what areas you see as acceptable and those that are not. Then you should interview the staff head for this area (btw I have not seen any comments from the staff) regarding safety issues in place, ratio of staff to children, etc. Most children will be perfectly safe, will listen to the instructions of the staff and have a great time. If you know that your child is willful, has obedience issues or needs additional supervision, you need to let the head staff member be aware of this. Unfortunately, some parents who have children who may present a challenge are unwilling to acknowledge this for fear their child will not be permitted in the play area and their vacation will be curtailed. Be honest, as in most things honesty will garner you more sympathy than trying to deflect the blame. Again, the majority of children will have a great and safe time, but know your child.

:o

Archived