Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

You place your laundry in a bag(s) and fill out a laundry slip for each load. Make certain to request "Next Day Service" otherwise you will be charged if you want same day service. There is a place on the slip for instructions and a press only area. Almost all clothes, even T shirts, are returned pressed on wire hangers and are hung in your closet. Items such as underwear, socks are folded and in a bag. They don't do traditional dry cleaning, but they can clean dry clean only garments. There is a place on the right side of the slip for this request. I think they use dry clean sheets, but not positively certain about this. As we remove clothes from the wire hangers we place the hangers on the small table and the room steward takes them away. Otherwise your closet get cluttered with hangers. We normally do quick pressing ourselves in the laundry room. Very easy.

Do not request anything. Leave it blank.

Looks lovely. Was it still $100? I am also looking for some comments on the Trident grill BBQ menu.

Don't know the price because DH paid but he said it hadn't gone up since last year

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You place your laundry in a bag(s) and fill out a laundry slip for each load. Make certain to request "Next Day Service" otherwise you will be charged if you want same day service. There is a place on the slip for instructions and a press only area. Almost all clothes, even T shirts, are returned pressed on wire hangers and are hung in your closet. Items such as underwear, socks are folded and in a bag. They don't do traditional dry cleaning, but they can clean dry clean only garments. There is a place on the right side of the slip for this request. I think they use dry clean sheets, but not positively certain about this. As we remove clothes from the wire hangers we place the hangers on the small table and the room steward takes them away. Otherwise your closet get cluttered with hangers. We normally do quick pressing ourselves in the laundry room. Very easy.

This was so helpful. Thank you. For a TA this is a perk we've been really looking forward to. I only pack carry ons for European cruises, use the travel space bags and while we get a LOT more in our suitcases, which is great, they are a wrinkled mess when we arrive. I usually steam them and some need ironing. Now I can just relax.

Thanks again,

Eileen

This was so helpful. Thank you. For a TA this is a perk we've been really looking forward to. I only pack carry ons for European cruises' date=' use the travel space bags and while we get a LOT more in our suitcases, which is great, they are a wrinkled mess when we arrive. I usually steam them and some need ironing. Now I can just relax.

Thanks again,

Eileen[/quote']

Ah........... the thought of just traveling with a carryon. I've cut back a lot; folks don't know how we manage to take just one checked large suitcase for the two of us. However, we still have two wheelies.

Hi, I finally managed to upload a couple of UBD photo's from the Royal, asyou can see there is enough room for a proper table on the standard balcony.

That just looks idyllic,what a nice setting for dinner. Thanks for posting the photo.

I copied this from a review of the 2 day cruise. Would really be interested if someone on board has the same comment? DH is 6'5" and would not be happy about a bed like this.

"We were in Deck 9 Dolphin 709, a standard balcony room. The room was minute, and this coming from someone who usually prefers inside cabins. The beds were stupidly short. Im 6ft 3" and my legs went well over the end of the bed, not to mention the narrowness, which bing a big bloke was very much an issue. It was rock hard as well. I thanked my foresight in only booking the 2 nighter. Much more in this bed would have crippled me. As we discovered that night, the walls were paper thin. We could hear clearly normal conversations next door, and was treated to Skyfall at 1.00am that morning. "

I copied this from a review of the 2 day cruise. Would really be interested if someone on board has the same comment? DH is 6'5" and would not be happy about a bed like this.

"We were in Deck 9 Dolphin 709, a standard balcony room. The room was minute, and this coming from someone who usually prefers inside cabins. The beds were stupidly short. Im 6ft 3" and my legs went well over the end of the bed, not to mention the narrowness, which bing a big bloke was very much an issue. It was rock hard as well. I thanked my foresight in only booking the 2 nighter. Much more in this bed would have crippled me. As we discovered that night, the walls were paper thin. We could hear clearly normal conversations next door, and was treated to Skyfall at 1.00am that morning. "

I have no doubt that your DH's legs are longer than the vast majority of beds out there - let alone ones in tiny cruise cabins. The width of the standard cabin in 9 feet, I think. So I guess the beds are about 6ft long - giving you three feet of walking space around it.

Larry you crack me up! Looking forward to meeting you later this year. :)

As Willie Hickenlooper (Red Skelton) always said, "I calls 'em da way I seez 'em!" :) I'll be "Royaling" on the 10/29 and the 11/03 this year. Are you signed up for any of the M&Gs or tours?

We also do quick pressing ourselves or unpack and hang and by the time you want to wear something the few wrinkles from packing are gone. There are things I am too nervous to send out too and still do a wash of our own.

I noticed carnival have limited there free laundry and wonder if princess will follow:eek:

If there are going to be any changes in this long-standing Elite Perk, it will come at the end of October 2013. My 10/29 cruise is my "laundry cruise" when I'll turn Elite. Anyone remember back when Platinum got those perks? As I was just about to turn Platinum they introduced Elite and those perks went along! :( I feel like ole Joe B. from Dogpatch! Black cloud over my head! :eek:

Hi All

As to noise a couple of times we could hear something from next door but could not make out what but not enough to concern us

Thought the beds were the best Princess has put on any ship

As to size of bed no issues width seemed better than l recall length just normal Princess size may be six feet

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

If there are going to be any changes in this long-standing Elite Perk, it will come at the end of October 2013. My 10/29 cruise is my "laundry cruise" when I'll turn Elite. Anyone remember back when Platinum got those perks? As I was just about to turn Platinum they introduced Elite and those perks went along! :( I feel like ole Joe B. from Dogpatch! Black cloud over my head! :eek:

Not sure I understand your post, since Elite status started in 2004 and we were already qualified with 20+ cruises. We never had free laundry until that time and there was no Platinum or any other designation. Until then we were not Captain's Circle, but Circolo.

Since our 1st "Princess" cruise was on Sitmar & it was the Circolo di Commandante I've wonder what Princess called their repeat passenger program before the merger.

I don't recall them calling it anything. We started with Sitmar too; Fairwind, Fairsky and Fair something else. I also don't recall getting anything special, other than perhaps a lower fare. And fares were much higher so many years ago.

We did have unlimited internet back in 2004, because I spent much of one of my cruises glued to a computer checking on Hurricane (maybe Irene) that was destroying part of Florida. So many people on that ship were not computer literate and of course not Elite, so I was elected to make contact for them. We had no damage from that one or the one that followed shortly afterward; Jeanne.

Not sure I understand your post, since Elite status started in 2004 and we were already qualified with 20+ cruises. We never had free laundry until that time and there was no Platinum or any other designation. Until then we were not Captain's Circle, but Circolo.

Pia. For some reason I seem to remember that after cruises you went up a level (to Platinum, I'm pretty sure) that gave you the free laundry. As I was approaching that magic #10 trip, they started Elite, which took 15 cruises to attain. I guess I just felt I was pushing the ball in front of me! :D Lots of changes have happened to Princess, and probably all cruise lines, since 1995 when I took my first Princess Cruise. Been sailing Princess ever since except for a couple of Carnival trips that featured the Presidential Wine Club (Bob Dickenson was Pres. of Carnival then) cruises over a couple years. The first cruise one year, then the last cruise the next year. Wine Club went belly up! :rolleyes:

Hi All

As to noise a couple of times we could hear something from next door but could not make out what but not enough to concern us

Thought the beds were the best Princess has put on any ship

As to size of bed no issues width seemed better than l recall length just normal Princess size may be six feet

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

DH and I also thought the beds were really comfortable and seemed to be softer than previously. The length wasn't a problem for us - DH is 5 ft 11 and I am 5 ft 9 and we had no problem . Beds are a very individual thing and you will never please everyone.

We did heat the TV in the next cabin once but that was all

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Pia. For some reason I seem to remember that after cruises you went up a level (to Platinum, I'm pretty sure) that gave you the free laundry. As I was approaching that magic #10 trip, they started Elite, which took 15 cruises to attain. I guess I just felt I was pushing the ball in front of me! :D Lots of changes have happened to Princess, and probably all cruise lines, since 1995 when I took my first Princess Cruise. Been sailing Princess ever since except for a couple of Carnival trips that featured the Presidential Wine Club (Bob Dickenson was Pres. of Carnival then) cruises over a couple years. The first cruise one year, then the last cruise the next year. Wine Club went belly up! :rolleyes:

Larry, my first Princess cruise was in 1984 when it was still part of Sitmar, or just being taken over. We didn't get free laundry until our Pacific Princess cruise in 2004 and at that time we were at #23. We also placed 3rd most traveled on the first leg, and didn't even qualify for the Captain's lunch on the 2nd. These things one remembers.

As Willie Hickenlooper (Red Skelton) always said, "I calls 'em da way I seez 'em!" :) I'll be "Royaling" on the 10/29 and the 11/03 this year. Are you signed up for any of the M&Gs or tours?

Yes the 11/3 M&G and we are the Vikings fans, remember? So glad you got your Dolpin shirt ready to go for our 11/3 M&G.

Larry, my first Princess cruise was in 1984 when it was still part of Sitmar, or just being taken over. We didn't get free laundry until our Pacific Princess cruise in 2004 and at that time we were at #23. We also placed 3rd most traveled on the first leg, and didn't even qualify for the Captain's lunch on the 2nd. These things one remembers.

OMG Pia, looking at all the cruises you have lined up. You are truly blessed.:D

I don't recall them calling it anything. We started with Sitmar too; Fairwind, Fairsky and Fair something else. I also don't recall getting anything special, other than perhaps a lower fare. And fares were much higher so many years ago.

We did have unlimited internet back in 2004, because I spent much of one of my cruises glued to a computer checking on Hurricane (maybe Irene) that was destroying part of Florida. So many people on that ship were not computer literate and of course not Elite, so I was elected to make contact for them. We had no damage from that one or the one that followed shortly afterward; Jeanne.

We started with Sitmar also and I think we were immediately Platinum on Princess when they bought Sitmar.

I also remember free unlimited internet but no laundry until we made Elite.

Sitmar used to give us a gift for multiple cruises. I have a crystal champagne flute (broke the other one :( ) and a really lovely Limoges cake plate.

We started with Sitmar also and I think we were immediately Platinum on Princess when they bought Sitmar.

I also remember free unlimited internet but no laundry until we made Elite.

Sitmar used to give us a gift for multiple cruises. I have a crystal champagne flute (broke the other one :( ) and a really lovely Limoges cake plate.

Yes, I had that plate. We have moved several times and the plate is somewhere, but not anywhere that I know of. :(

Thanks Shogun. Your review is very informative. We will be on the first 3 :eek: Caribbean cruises. By then we should be able to see how the sun deck and pools work for warm weather cruising.

Looking forward to more! By the way, Shogun is simply magnificent!

Cheers, Denise

Denise! I was perusing looking for a picture of the front door, if there was a mail slot for sunsetbeachgal and saw your name! Are you on our roll call for 11/3? If not get on over there girl!

Hi to those on -board

I am travelling on the Royal Princess in late Sept and chose cruising as it offered a one unpack -repack floating train and hotel.

As I work whilst travelling i need email nothing fancy just the ability to read ,reply and send a simple PDF attachment .

Has the Royal sorted out its reported IT issues .

Kind Regards

Anthony

Archived