Embassy vs Hyatt Place

CRUISING71

Ahhh, a very excellent point, hadn't considered the wi-fi aspect. To be honest, while we do enjoy our share of adult beverages, the wife and I tend to be most concerned with the ease of transportation above all else. With the HIE, that isn't an issue (plus they have a relationship with a transportation company who is present in their lobby where you can buy your round trip hotel-to-port-to-airport, which is excellent). Plus, once we get into town, we typically like heading over to Duffy's for drinks and food before hitting the Publix & Total Wine for our last minute cruise essentials, lol. So perhaps I might head back to our old trusty Holiday Inn option after all...:cool:

We've stayed at HI Express and next door at Extended Stay. Extended Stay offers free Wi-Fi, and complimentary airport to hotel and hotel to ship transport HI Express has complimentary airport to ship transport and a great breakfast. We found taking a taxi to the cruise port a more reasonable option than the HI Express shuttle. Duffy's is great and so is Bimini Boatyard's Happy Hour. Lot's of great options to consider. :) Forgot to add both HI Express and Extended Stay offer "free" Wi-Fi.

Can someone clarify how far apart the Hyatt Place and ES are? I thought they were both in the same area with about the same access to the same stores/restaurants?

Hyatt Place is just to the right and one block behind the Embassy Suites as you look at 17th Street. If you have $109 for the Hyatt Place, I'd grab that one. I believe they still have free airport shuttle and you can pay for Port shuttle @$7 pp if you wish. They have just a continental breakfast included. To get to Publix, Total Wine and Duffy's, just turn right out of their parking lot and then left into the shopping area - an easy walk. You can pick up the Trolley near Publix.

Dammit, while I've been taking the time to debate hotels it seems our flight costs just went up about $100/person. Which means there's a good chance we've just gone into an unaffordable range for this trip, likely have to cancel. Pretty bad when your east coast only flight costs you more than your Allure of the Seas balcony stateroom. Not good... :mad:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Dammit, while I've been taking the time to debate hotels it seems our flight costs just went up about $100/person. Which means there's a good chance we've just gone into an unaffordable range for this trip, likely have to cancel. Pretty bad when your east coast only flight costs you more than your Allure of the Seas balcony stateroom. Not good... :mad:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Don't get discouraged...we are into a holiday week..when many times this can happen...just keep checking back ;)

I just stayed at Embassy Suites the early part of June. I paid 14.00 for cab from airport to hotel. I paid the shuttle to the port. It was six of us we had free breakfast anything you wanted, the manager's special. I love the employees are nice and very helpful. We had access to the Publix, The wine store, and several restuarants (Duffy's). Also the Sun Trolley take you to the water taxi and it's free. You catch in front of the Publix. :)

Hilton Honors members get free Wi-Fi access at the Embassy. The distance between the 2 is maybe a 2 minute walk. I'd say it's closer than the Publix.

Be wary if you are staying during a peak cruise time as the Embassy will be very crowded. We've cruised during Easter week several times and stayed there. We didn't think fighting the crowd at the manager's reception was worth a few free drinks. The Quarterdeck restaurant has an awesome happy hour so we usually skip the crowd and head there.

Hilton Honors members get free Wi-Fi access at the Embassy. The distance between the 2 is maybe a 2 minute walk. I'd say it's closer than the Publix.

Be wary if you are staying during a peak cruise time as the Embassy will be very crowded. We've cruised during Easter week several times and stayed there. We didn't think fighting the crowd at the manager's reception was worth a few free drinks. The Quarterdeck restaurant has an awesome happy hour so we usually skip the crowd and head there.

I was told you have to be Hilton Honors Diamond to get free Wi-Fi. Was that your experience?

If we can't take advantage of the free food in the evenings (staying Sat and Sun night of Labor Day weekend), does the Embassy still outrank the Hyatt?

Groupon Getaways has the Embassy for $76/night (non-refundable). I have a cancelable ressie at Hyatt Place right now for $109/night ($99 plus $10 for the 3rd person), plus they have free breakfast. I'm trying to decide which way to go.

If we can't take advantage of the free food in the evenings (staying Sat and Sun night of Labor Day weekend), does the Embassy still outrank the Hyatt?

Groupon Getaways has the Embassy for $76/night (non-refundable). I have a cancelable ressie at Hyatt Place right now for $109/night ($99 plus $10 for the 3rd person), plus they have free breakfast. I'm trying to decide which way to go.

Wow...What a great rate for Embassy..I for one would jump at that price point..I was excited to get a rate of $106 per night with LMT for our October pre-cruise stay.

I was told you have to be Hilton Honors Diamond to get free Wi-Fi. Was that your experience?

I just checked the Hilton Honors page and it does say that you need to be Gold. You can try logging in using your Honors number and see what it tells you.

I just checked the Hilton Honors page and it does say that you need to be Gold. You can try logging in using your Honors number and see what it tells you.

I logged in and you're correct. You have to be Gold. I'm a lowly Blue so it doesn't apply. I spoke to someone at the front desk at the Ft Lauderdale Embassy Suites who told me you have to be Diamond. Thanks for letting me know. :)

The 2 hour happy hour is at the bar in the atrium. It includes beer, wine, basic mixed drinks, snacks and a soda machine. When we were there we had popcorn and chips and salsa. You can go get as many drinks as you like, but they limit you to 2 at time. Kids can sit there also and get shirley temples or soda. We went up many times and got 2 beers each, and we for sure got our moneys worth.

Claudia

what time was happy hour and how long do they serve it - we may be getting there late (but not too late)

Yes. It's a grander place with a nicer pool.

The Embassy Suites has a fantastic pool area. Last year I stayed at the ES and there was no free shuttle from the airport. Taxi was about $14 total for 2 people. Took taxi to the ship next day, taxi fare was $10 to the port and no waiting for a shuttle to fill up.

Do you know how close the outback is to the Embassy, I was told walking distance.

Sea Ya

Walk out the front of the hotel and go left to the next street and turn left you are there. Should take all of 5 minutes. Or I think you can exit from the pool area and it's straight across from there.

Walk out the front of the hotel and go left to the next street and turn left you are there. Should take all of 5 minutes. Or I think you can exit from the pool area and it's straight across from there.

Thanks

I knew you would know:D

Sea Ya

Archived