Soda from bar pipe

ZOO

Sorry I just realized this thread lead off the topic into noro again. This thread is just to understand how soda are made in the ship. So I can make my choices with soda card or individual CAN.

I just think not everyone drink tap water. May be not the case?

The ships water is used for cooking all the food on the ship. You bath in the ships water. If it was contaminated, there would be many more people sick.

Read the CDC reports at the link I posted above. You claim Radiance has had more outbreaks, the CDC is only showing the one in 2011. If there was a problem on that ship, it would not be sailing. Did it recently have a problem, yes, but it seems to be an isolated issue. Germs happen. If you are that afraid of sailing this ship, cancel your cruise. I just hope you bought insurance.

Gosh I drink water on every cruise. I've never heard of Noro being in the water. I'm amazed at the speculation actually. OP you should also then be concerned about the ice served on the ship, which is also made out of the GOOD water on the ship.

May be I am living China for too long. I believe none of the documented procedures. I only care the result. The result is Radiance had large outbreak in 2011. And even after major renovation is done in 2012, it still has Noro outbreaks.

And as I've said, nothing that RCI could do in a renovation is likely to lessen the chance of a noro outbreak. Again, noro transmission is based on personal hygiene and direct contact. Go look at the CDC website, to see the trend for any ship, not just the Radiance, and you will probably see 10-20 ships that have had 2 reportable outbreaks in 2 years. If you are only interested in results, the CDC reports and scores is where you should look.

Probably 90% of cruisers drink the water from the tap in their cabin. Some don't due to a taste (usually the chlorine), or a problem with fluid retention and swelling of ankles (maybe salt or chlorine content). However, I would say 99% (and I know you are going to say "that's still not 100%) use the ice made onboard, drink water, and beverages from the restaurants and bars, which is exactly the same water.

I just think not everyone drink tap water. May be not the case?

If you drink water in the main dining room, Windjammer or any other eating venue aboard -- you are drinking the tap water.

If you drink iced tea, lemonade or similar beverages -- you are consuming the ship's tap water.

If you consume foods prepared in the ships kitchens/galleys, you are consuming the tap water.

If you rinse your toothbrush at the sink, you are consuming the ship's tap water.

If you use ice aboard, you are consuming the ship's tapwater.

Chances are pretty good that almost everyone aboard has consumed some of the ship's tap water.

I was aboard Radiance on the last cruise before the dry dock in 2011. Drank a lot of tap water in various forms -- had no problems. Not aware of any "outbreak" on that cruise.

If you drink water in the main dining room, Windjammer or any other eating venue aboard -- you are drinking the tap water.

If you drink iced tea, lemonade or similar beverages -- you are consuming the ship's tap water.

If you consume foods prepared in the ships kitchens/galleys, you are consuming the tap water.

If you rinse your toothbrush at the sink, you are consuming the ship's tap water.

If you use ice aboard, you are consuming the ship's tapwater.

Chances are pretty good that almost everyone aboard has consumed some of the ship's tap water.

I was aboard Radiance on the last cruise before the dry dock in 2011. Drank a lot of tap water in various forms -- had no problems. Not aware of any "outbreak" on that cruise.

Sorry the water boiled and from the tap are totally different.

The can soda question has been answered, but if you are concerned about ship water in soda, please be advised that the ship water is used for many other beverages such as tea/coffee/ lemonade and is also used for food preparation.

M

The can soda question has been answered, but if you are concerned about ship water in soda, please be advised that the ship water is used for many other beverages such as tea/coffee/ lemonade and is also used for food preparation.

M

Again food is cooked, coffee is heated to at least 90 degree C . Only soda ice lemonade are the same as directly from tap in this case.

Again food is cooked, coffee is heated to at least 90 degree C . Only soda ice lemonade are the same as directly from tap in this case.

And anyone with your concern over germs should know that heating water to 90*C does not sterilize the water, only a rolling boil for a few minutes will do this. I normally don't get into this kind of thing, trying to keep to facts and technical descriptions, but given your concerns over noro, and the safety of the water supply, I would suggest you not go cruising.

The CDC requires final rinse water for dishwashing machines to be 180*C, and the dishware to reach a surface temperature of 172*C before it is considered sanitized, so 90*C is no where near hot enough.

Sorry the water boiled and from the tap are totally different.

LOL, and which of the items I listed involve boiled water? Probably some [but not all] of the foods prepared aboard will be heated to sufficient temperatures, but I don't think any of the others qualify. It is apparent you have made up your mind, so do your best to avoid tap water.

By the way, still waiting for you to present your evidence that the alleged outbreak was caused by the ship's water.

LOL, and which of the items I listed involve boiled water? Probably some [but not all] of the foods prepared aboard will be heated to sufficient temperatures, but I don't think any of the others qualify. It is apparent you have made up your mind, so do your best to avoid tap water.

By the way, still waiting for you to present your evidence that the alleged outbreak was caused by the ship's water.

I did not recall which post that ppl saying they found noro caused by tap water on the ship. But I do see the RCCL water is worst in the industry.

As mentioned above, all ready to eat uncooked food (lettuce, fruit, etc.) is washed with the ship's water.

I did not recall which post that ppl saying they found noro caused by tap water on the ship. But I do see the RCCL water is worst in the industry.

Where are you seeing this information? If you look at the CDC site that I posted a link to earlier in this thread, Radiance has very high inspection scores. Please post a link to where you are finding all this information.

Where are you seeing this information? If you look at the CDC site that I posted a link to earlier in this thread, Radiance has very high inspection scores. Please post a link to where you are finding all this information.

I am on my phone now, will post a link after I back to my computer .

Why?

First, your chances of getting noro from drinking the tap water from you sink is just about 0%.

Second, a waiter or bartender that has noro sneezes, covers sneeze with hand, grabs you a can and hands it to you, you are now possibly exposed.

First, your chances of getting noro from drinking the tap water from you sink is just about 0%.

Second, a waiter or bartender that has noro sneezes, covers sneeze with hand, grabs you a can and hands it to you, you are now possibly exposed.

Ops another post in this thread said crew getting noro chance is lowest.

Ops another post in this thread said crew getting noro chance is lowest.

Just out of curiosity, it seems that you are getting most of your information from posters on other threads. Is that true? If so, I would caution you that posters, as a general rule, are a poor source of information on techinical issues. Look for serious data before reaching your conclusions. You may be biased against government reports, but they have to be better than unsupported opinions on an internet discussion board.

Archived