Clothesline on Splendour?

I am sailing on Splendour out of Venice on 7th September for a week. Just wondering if there will be a clothesline in shower to dry stuff? Have a balcony cabin booked (aft, deck 7). Very excited!

I am sailing on Splendour out of Venice on 7th September for a week. Just wondering if there will be a clothesline in shower to dry stuff? Have a balcony cabin booked (aft, deck 7). Very excited!

I would dislike being wrong about this, but every ship I have been on has had a pull-out/retractable line in the shower. (except OOS and AOS)

I would dislike being wrong about this, but every ship I have been on has had a pull-out/retractable line in the shower. (except OOS and AOS)

I agree with you, but I also find that things don't dry very quickly at all on a cruise. Might take 2 days for a swimsuit to fully dry.

I agree with you, but I also find that things don't dry very quickly at all on a cruise. Might take 2 days for a swimsuit to fully dry.

Do you know the "Mom trick"?

You take the wet swimsuit/any clothes and lay it flat on a dry towel. Roll up the towel with the suit inside. Press firmly on the towel (sit on it!).

Unroll, and hang up the now barely-damp suit.

:D

Do you know the "Mom trick"?

You take the wet swimsuit/any clothes and lay it flat on a dry towel. Roll up the towel with the suit inside. Press firmly on the towel (sit on it!).

Unroll, and hang up the now barely-damp suit.

:D

We did the towel thing, but apparently missed the most important part - the sitting!;)

• 1 year later...
Looking for a suggestion on how to hang swimsuits up in rooms without the clothesline. Thanks!

We put them on hangers and either hang them from the vent on the ceiling, or hang them in the closet.

Thanks Bob. Any ideas for wet suits to hang them in the bathroom?

We roll them tightly in towels to get the moisture out first, and then hang them like I mentioned above. Unless you have a suite with a bathtub, there's not a lot of space in the bathroom to hang things, other than the hooks on the back of the door.

Hang wet articles in the closet, not the shower. They will dry much faster in the closet. You can leave the door open for even more airflow.

My comment on a previous Oasis thread was that the lack of shower lines on O-class was RCI's encouragement to put wet clothes on your balcony. If you are in a neighborhood balcony you can partner with the cabin across the way and string clothes across the Boardwalk or Central Park. It provides atmosphere much like a street in Naples, and may lead to a commendation from the Hotel Director:D

BTW Celebrity S-class also did away with clotheslines. Not like anyone in the Caribbean might have a wet bathing suit:mad:

Thom

No balcony. :(

My comment on a previous Oasis thread was that the lack of shower lines on O-class was RCI's encouragement to put wet clothes on your balcony. If you are in a neighborhood balcony you can partner with the cabin across the way and string clothes across the Boardwalk or Central Park. It provides atmosphere much like a street in Naples, and may lead to a commendation from the Hotel Director:D

BTW Celebrity S-class also did away with clotheslines. Not like anyone in the Caribbean might have a wet bathing suit:mad:

Thom

Great idea! Thanks! :)

A couple of Command Hooks and some string and you can put a clothesline anywhere in your room.

Make sure you install the hooks in advance of when you'll need them. You're supposed to let the adhesive sit for an hour before you put weight on the hooks.