Champagne greeting

lovecruzin

I apologize if this has been brought up before, I searched and didn't see anything!

We were on Century last week and there was no champagne/mimosa as we boarded. They did a toast at sail-away around the pool. The explanation we were given was that it was more convenient for the passengers because they aren't carrying bags and their hands are damp with sanitizer!

Being greeted with a glass of bubbly has always been something special about boarding a Celebrity ship. Is this the new norm?

On the Summit in mid-May, they were there with drinks when boarding. It is awkward handling bags, glass and sanitizer, so it does make sense if they switched it to at sailing. However, I think a lot of people will be left out if they do it that way.

I so missed my champagne greeting on the Silhouette in March 2012. It was available at the Sail-away which I did not attend as we were unpacking and getting ready for the early seating and of course the Martini bar before dinner :)

I hope that they do not stop the glass of champagne as you board. As someone else has posted, it's one of the little things which we like about X.

If they serve the champagne at sailaway, what is to stop some passengers going back for a second or third glass? This could result in some passengers not getting their drink or X withdrawing this completely if the costs become excessive.

It isn't a huge thing but really - I'll be very disappointed! It is like the the cold towel after a long day in port - just a wonderful touch that takes the experience up a notch. If given at sail away then I'll never partake - I like to enjoy the privacy of my balcony for that.

We were on the Century sailing June 9th and really missed the welcome drink. We were on deck 12 at sail away and no one was serving that level. I had to go down a level and chase down drinks. I think serving as you come on board is easier and more welcoming. We had lovely weather for the sail away from Vancouver. However what happens on a rainy day?

In theory I like the sail away toast idea with most of the officers out at the pool area but, we arrived a few minutes late and did not see any servers passing out bubbly. A glass to toast with or enjoy during sail away was hard to come by. :(

Yes, there was a champagne or mimosa offered but at the entrance of the buffet restaurant onboard Reflection earlier this month.

This way you can sip it along with your food or select some lovely cheese and crackers to accompany the bubblies.

We had a champagne and mimosa's available on the 17 May Solstice Alaska sailing. Such a nice treat for our first Celebrity cruise. (Will admit you are trying to juggle hand sanitizing, luggage, and the cocktail - but I managed.)

Not everyone goes to sailaway -- but everyone gets on the ship. I like the champagne when I first get on -- I can say ahhh, I'm finally on vacation. Usually miss sailaway party on deck. I'm on balcony, or getting a look around the ship or showering. Guess it is another cost-cutting measure not to give the champagne to all passengers embarking. Too bad.

Archived