upgrade the drink package on board

spkinva

We got the 1-2-3 drink package but we want to upgrade to the premium package. Celebrity says that we can only do that onboard. Oh well...I was hoping for a lower balance on my account while onboard.

We got the 1-2-3 drink package but we want to upgrade to the premium package. Celebrity says that we can only do that onboard. Oh well...I was hoping for a lower balance on my account while onboard.

I just spoke to my TA about it today when I made final payment and was told I could upgrade now instead of aboard. I don't know if the rules are different for booking with a TA or direct.

That is not quite true, contact your TA. Bear in mind that if doing it prior to the cruise all people in the cabin have to upgrade.:D

When is your cruise?

Did you book with a TA or direct with Celebrity?

I booked with a TA for November and January and I was able to upgrade both my DW and myself.

I have just been told by my TA that I can't upgrade until I am on board.

I'd call Celebrity direct. Some people on our Roll call for November booked through a TA and called direct to upgrade. We upgraded by calling as well though we booked direct.

Thanks, I will when I get my booking refs as only booked today. :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just be prepared to provide a credit card. They don't (or didn't for us) put it on the account but made me pay upfront.

My TA said to wait until we board, but I wasn't really keen on that, called Celebrity yesterday and he said that I could do it right away by speaking to the Cruise Enhancements department. I'm thinking it might just be more work than the TA wants to do

My TA said to wait until we board, but I wasn't really keen on that, called Celebrity yesterday and he said that I could do it right away by speaking to the Cruise Enhancements department. I'm thinking it might just be more work than the TA wants to do

Yes, X will never knock back more money.:D

That is not quite true, contact your TA. Bear in mind that if doing it prior to the cruise all people in the cabin have to upgrade.:D

Is this in writing somewhere on the Celebrity site or in the ticket contract? I don't recall this in the fine print on the offer. I will have to re-read.

When we booked about a month ago under "pick your perk", the celebrity rep asked if I wanted to upgrade our packages and I said no. In 2011 on the Solstice, the Classic package was more than adequate.

Recently, though, DH saw info about the 64 beers in Michael's on Silhouette and wants to upgrade his package. Reading your post now, I'd like to see the rules in black and white and am hoping that whenever DH upgrades (on ship or before) that we both don't have to. I am not much of a beer drinker and requiring both to upgrade lessens the value of the deal to me.

Is this in writing somewhere on the Celebrity site or in the ticket contract? I don't recall this in the fine print on the offer. I will have to re-read.

When we booked about a month ago under "pick your perk", the celebrity rep asked if I wanted to upgrade our packages and I said no. In 2011 on the Solstice, the Classic package was more than adequate.

Recently, though, DH saw info about the 64 beers in Michael's on Silhouette and wants to upgrade his package. Reading your post now, I'd like to see the rules in black and white and am hoping that whenever DH upgrades (on ship or before) that we both don't have to. I am not much of a beer drinker and requiring both to upgrade lessens the value of the deal to me.

I am going on what the case was for the 123 Go promotion.

The pick your perk may be different (sometimes it depends on the X staff that you speak with). In any case, upgrading prior is worth a shot, if thats what you want. If they say you both have to upgrade, then wait until onboard, where only one needs to.:D

We got the 123 package with our cruise this Fall. We checked with our TA about upgrading, and were told that we had to do it by the deadline for the first promo. We were also told that both in the cabin had to upgrade. I'm not sure if that's the case if you upgrade onboard. I supposedly paid for both upgrades , but haven't seen the charge on my credit card, and that four months ago. Expect that I either won't get it, or that the amount will show up on my final invoice. If not, I'll check onboard, and then upgrade just one of us if possible-my partner doesn't care as much, and doesn't drink the big martinis, etc.

It's all good- although none of the perks show up on the website, just in our receipt from the TA. Will certainly bring a copy of that with us.

Andrew

We got the 123 package with our cruise this Fall. We checked with our TA about upgrading, and were told that we had to do it by the deadline for the first promo. We were also told that both in the cabin had to upgrade. I'm not sure if that's the case if you upgrade onboard. I supposedly paid for both upgrades , but haven't seen the charge on my credit card, and that four months ago. Expect that I either won't get it, or that the amount will show up on my final invoice. If not, I'll check onboard, and then upgrade just one of us if possible-my partner doesn't care as much, and doesn't drink the big martinis, etc.

It's all good- although none of the perks show up on the website, just in our receipt from the TA. Will certainly bring a copy of that with us.

Andrew

Yes, bring your paperwork to back you up when you check in.:D

If you sign up for a package half way into the cruise, is it prorated for just the part remaining? If I do a westbound TA, wouldn't that be the best strategy, since the first few days I'm mostly off the ship? Or are they so savy to this that they won't let you do this?

- Joel

It is prorated and onboard both don't have to upgrade. We will probably wait a day or two into our eleven night to see if we want to. On a west bound TA that seems like a great way to save 60-100 bucks.

Beverages packages have to be purchased on the first day of the cruise. They cover every day of the cruise and cannot be prorated. All inhabitants of age in the cabin must have a beverage package if any person in the cabin wants to purchase one.

Beverages packages have to be purchased on the first day of the cruise. They cover every day of the cruise and cannot be prorated. All inhabitants of age in the cabin must have a beverage package if any person in the cabin wants to purchase one.

This is just wrong, packages do not have to be bought on the first day, they can be bought at just about any time on the cruise (except for the last 2-3 days) and they will be prorated for the remainder of the cruise. They can be upgraded as well (same rules).

It is only with the promotions that people in the same cabin must both have the package and the upgrades if purchased pre cruise, once onboard, an individual can upgrade packages prorated.

You may be getting the rules of RCL confused with X.:D

Per Celebrity's website :

*All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day.

Unfortunately, the agent website has no information on the beverage packages. Generally, the requirement is that all parties of drinking age in the cabin have to have a beverage package if anyone in the cabin wants one. They are trying to guarantee that they do not "share" the package. If I find information that is different I will post it here.

That's not true, I already paid for my upgrade for 8/11/13 cruise. Maybe you need to talk to someone else.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Generally, the requirement is that all parties of drinking age in the cabin have to have a beverage package if anyone in the cabin wants one. They are trying to guarantee that they do not "share" the package. If I find information that is different I will post it here.

I believe that you may be getting the Celebrity policy confused with some other cruise?

Archived