Below Deck- New Series

Nvtitan89

We watched it last night. It was fun seeing Maho Beach and some familiar sights. Gorgeous area.

Must be nice to rent a yacht around the Caribbean for $200k a week! I kept telling myself... 5 more months until Oasis takes us back there!

We've watched it - have to wonder what it costs to charter that yacht!:eek: It looks like a fabulous trip for the passengers, but the crew seems to work nonstop.

Judy

Last week they said it costs $10,000 a week to charter. Yah know, 10 people, 1000 each plus tip - kind of a bargain! :D

Last week they said it costs $10,000 a week to charter. Yah know, 10 people, 1000 each plus tip - kind of a bargain! :D

No... They said that was the average TIP that the crew receives from the guests!(for a week)

The charter fee would be $100,000+

Of course, last week since the guests were kicked off after only one night, no tips. :-(

Aloha,

John

No... They said that was the average TIP that the crew receives from the guests!(for a week)

Of course, last week since the guests were kicked off after only one night, no tips. :-(

Aloha,

John

Right. But you're right LAngle, if it was $10k that would be a steal! I'd jump on that.

Aloha,

John

John, you are totally correct! I was WAAAAY off! It's all coming back to me...the tips are unreal on that thing. It's a great show to watch and see how "the other half" lives, eh?

I was thinking it must be about $100k based on the $15,000 tip money that the Captain divvied up and gave to the crew this week. (Maybe I won't complain too much about paying for a balcony or a suite next time on RC....:o)

Judy

Aloha,

John

Didn't you just love the "surprised" looks:eek: the passengers gave when told why they were being kicked off? It's a good filler show to watch while waiting for my (your) cruise to come.:D

In the East coast Philadelphia area, Mondays night at 10:00 on Bravo. If you have Comcast you can on demand both episodes.

Also agree not 100% reality but still nice scenery.

Chris

In the East coast Philadelphia area, Mondays night at 10:00 on Bravo. If you have Comcast you can on demand both episodes.

Chris

Thanks, I found it OnDemand. Finally, something to watch this summer!

I've been watching it. I pretty much will watch anything cruise related. My DH came into the room last night when I was watching episode 2 on demand and starting to tell me it's like any other reality based TV show (being staged). I told him I didn't care & not to ruin it for me! He piped down after that :)

I was thinking it must be about $100k based on the $15,000 tip money that the Captain divvied up and gave to the crew this week. (Maybe I won't complain too much about paying for a balcony or a suite next time on RC....:o)

Judy

A lot of the "mega yachts" rent for well over $100,000 per week and that amount does not include fuel costs or food and alcohol. You have to pay for that on top of the rental cost. It seems to be a pretty lucrative endeavor for yacht owners!

It's interesting, even if it is staged. I'm pretty sure the naked girl wasn't staged this last Monday!

I know, NOW everyone will want to watch! LOL. Her naughty bits were blurred out, but still quite a show hoisting her up into her bunk! ( I bet her mommy is proud!) :o

It's on Bravo - not sure what day & time.

Chris

Thanks.

I want to see it..... :)

I'm going to try On Demand and if not, I'll look for it on Monday nights.

Archived