Quality of Towels/Linens in Neptune Suites?

smoothsailors

There have been several posts recently about worn, discolored towels on some of the HAL ships...this would really bother us, too.:( Has anyone noticed a similar problem in a Neptune Suite recently? Hopefully not as one of the "perks" is supposed to be luxury towels. (The divided, marble bathroom in the Grill Suites on Cunard was beautiful but the oversize, fluffy towels reserved for the suited were outstanding! Not expecting those but would seriously complain about grey or stained towels.) Please let us know that this will not be the case on the Eurodam?:)

[quote name='smoothsailors']There have been several posts recently about worn, discolored towels on some of the HAL ships...this would really bother us, too.:( Has anyone noticed a similar problem in a Neptune Suite recently? Hopefully not as one of the "perks" is supposed to be luxury towels. (The divided, marble bathroom in the Grill Suites on Cunard was beautiful but the oversize, fluffy towels reserved for the suited were outstanding! Not expecting those but would seriously complain about grey or stained towels.) Please let us know that this will not be the case on the Eurodam?:)[/QUOTE]

10 cruises on HAL ships, well over 200 days in both suites and standards rooms and never once had a stained, dingy or torn sheet or towel. All luxury linens at every level. I would have to assume anything less would be a very rare exception and something that the cabin steward would immediately remedy. We also get four star free laundry now onboard HAL ships and everything has come back perfectly cared for. During a behind the scenes tour we saw the very modern, large, efficient and well-lighted laundry rooms with a lot of smiling faced crews who seemed to take a great deal of pride in their critical part of the ship's operation.

In the last year we sailed on the Prinsendam, Westerdam and Maasdam. All of the towels were fluffy and very nice. I didn't see any dinginess, discolouration or anything else. DH would have spoken up right away if he had:D

[B]We're over 800 days on HAL ships in Neptune suites and we have always been well pleased with the towels. Large bath sheets, white and soft.

There have been (inconsistent) times through the years when I felt the sheets were more soft or less soft than on other cruises. I've always been fine with them but there are times I like the softness more than other times.

[/B]

I'm sorry but I just don't understand why this is such an issue for some folks. I read another thread where it seems somone got a fairly large OBC to sail with HAL again and one of the complaints was a yellowed towel. The only things that are a huge deal breaker inside the cabin are no a/c or a non functioning toilet. I've never seen a holy towel in my almost 300 days with HAL or maybe it's just never registered with me.

:)Thanks for all the positive responses! Yes, the mention of the towels came up in the thread about passengers pleased with HAL's offer of OBC for a future cruise...but several other posts there complained about towels as well.

Personally, we were always extremely impressed with the HAL suite experience and furnishings on several different vessels but, as our last HAL cruise was over 6 years ago, we were taken aback by those complaints and wondered how much standards have changed. Really appreciate your good feedback!!!

[quote name='smoothsailors']:)Thanks for all the positive responses! Yes, the mention of the towels came up in the thread about passengers pleased with HAL's offer of OBC for a future cruise...but several other posts there complained about towels as well.

Personally, we were always extremely impressed with the HAL suite experience and furnishings on several different vessels but, as our last HAL cruise was over 6 years ago, we were taken aback by those complaints and wondered how much standards have changed. Really appreciate your good feedback!!![/QUOTE]

I'm sure you be happy. I wish all I had to complain about in life was some yellow towels, chipped tubs and sewer smells. It's a ship not a house. I think if you go with reasonable expectations you'll be great. It's a mainstream cruiseline and I think people think it's something more than that. Have a wonderful time.

[quote name='lorekauf']I'm sorry but I just don't understand why this is such an issue for some folks. I read another thread where it seems somone got a fairly large OBC to sail with HAL again and one of the complaints was a yellowed towel. The only things that are a huge deal breaker inside the cabin are no a/c or a non functioning toilet. I've never seen a holy towel in my almost 300 days with HAL or maybe it's just never registered with me.[/quote]

[quote name='lorekauf']I'm sure you be happy. I wish all I had to complain about in life was some yellow towels, chipped tubs and sewer smells. It's a ship not a house. I think if you go with reasonable expectations you'll be great. It's a mainstream cruiseline and I think people think it's something more than that. Have a wonderful time.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Completely agree with both your posts! We also have more than 300 days...If I received a stained towel I would ask to have it replaced..Also don't understand why someone is making a fuss over having to sleep on the same sheets for a week..If they wanted them to be changed more often why not ask the Stewards to do it..Why make a mountain out of a molehill ![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]A broken Toilet or Air Cond. is a big problem!

Forgot to mention..I like HOT food..(temperature) When I sit down to dinner, I politely say to my Steward, please make sure it's hot..Never had a problem..[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Cheers...Betty[/SIZE][/FONT]

I was in the stateroom one day when the room steward was changing the bed linen, he spread a clean bottom sheet over the mattress, then he noticed a tiny dark coloured mark at the lower tuck in area of the sheet, he started to take the sheet off, but I told him not to worry about it as we would not even see the mark when the bed was made, to please leave the sheet. He did, reluctantly.

He said that most people would complain.

The following day he changed all the bed linen again.

Archived