Cruise Ship Pool Temperatures

Well one would think if you didn't put your head under and gulp the stuff you would be fine? I know I have heard many people say they never put their head under in a spa. I think the risk of catching disease via the skin or injesting a stray bit of spa mist would be minimal?

In any case our celebrity suite has a bath, bubble bath anyone?

Try a Carnival Suite and you get a spa bath and you can bubble away safely on your one or with company if you choose.

I should also mention that the in cabin spa bath was sanitised twice in the 10 day period we were on board.

You can become infected just by inhaling the drops of water in the the steam and there are infections that can be transferred through the skin. The problem with spas is that people like the water very warm and chlorine is less effective in hot water.

I'm not telling people not to go in public whirlpools and spas. Life is full of risks.

Elaine.

I have seen warnings at some spas/hot tubs around hotels and the like (I cannot remember if it is on the ships as well), that no one should put their head under the water.:D

Life is full of risks and I suppose you need to weigh them up before you decide to do whatever it is .:D

I have seen warnings at some spas/hot tubs around hotels and the like (I cannot remember if it is on the ships as well), that no one should put their head under the water.:D

Life is full of risks and I suppose you need to weigh them up before you decide to do whatever it is .:D

W'ont be long and no one will be cruising I am sure someone will come up with breathing salt water spray is dangerous to our health. Do what you want to do and enjoy.

W'ont be long and no one will be cruising I am sure someone will come up with breathing salt water spray is dangerous to our health. Do what you want to do and enjoy.

The only thing salt water does is shrink your clothing.:eek:

My clothes always seem to be too small after a cruise...:D:D

What!!!:eek: cruising being harmful to health,:eek: I don't believe it. LOL.:D

I may enjoy that finding as prices will become much lower. :D

...Or not weigh them up and just do them anyway!

Yes, it is a common complaint of my wife and I. For some reason it shrinks the clothes but also the luggage. We can hardly fit things in when re-packing.:D

I have noticed that the Sun Princess seems to always have ice cold pools where as the Sapphire Princess it was heated. I have also been on Celebrity Solstice which was heated and the covered one at the front was not but it was a comfortable temperature.

Perhaps the GFC and fuel costs have caused some ships not to heat some pools in order to reduce fuel consumption.

I have noticed that the Sun Princess seems to always have ice cold pools where as the Sapphire Princess it was heated. I have also been on Celebrity Solstice which was heated and the covered one at the front was not but it was a comfortable temperature.

Perhaps the GFC and fuel costs have caused some ships not to heat some pools in order to reduce fuel consumption.

Maybe the pools were not built with the facility to heat them. Sun Princess isn't a new ship. She was built in 1995 while the other ships you mention would be at least 10 years younger.

David...I blame the Ship's laundry for my shrinking clothes, surely it would not be the Horizon Court Buffet on Princess that such dramatic shrinkage?

Maybe the pools were not built with the facility to heat them. Sun Princess isn't a new ship. She was built in 1995 while the other ships you mention would be at least 10 years younger.

Yes, the newer ships have all the mod cons.:D

Yes, the newer ships have all the mod cons.:D

Yes and no. Celebrity's solstice class ships weren't as good with the pools as the Millennium class ships with their heated thalassotherapy pools.

Many people missed those (and as noted, the Solstice ones are not heated).

Yes and no. Celebrity's solstice class ships weren't as good with the pools as the Millennium class ships with their heated thalassotherapy pools.

Many people missed those (and as noted, the Solstice ones are not heated).

I wouldn't be surpirsed to find that the Solstice pools are heated. Karate Man has stated that they were.

When I was on her, one pool was warmer than the other, I would think that both may have been heated to some degree. It may be just not up to a higher temperature like 27 degrees that some people require.:D

When I was on the Solstice I found the main one was heated and comfortable to stay in. The forward one which is adults only was a cooler temperature but it was not ice cold. Perhaps there is some mild heating in it but the temperatuure is certainly not warm and certainly not cold enough to force you out. It was the same on Sapphire Princess some were heated and there was always one that was not heated and I think it was the one under cover.

When I was on the Solstice I found the main one was heated and comfortable to stay in. The forward one which is adults only was a cooler temperature but it was not ice cold. Perhaps there is some mild heating in it but the temperatuure is certainly not warm and certainly not cold enough to force you out. It was the same on Sapphire Princess some were heated and there was always one that was not heated and I think it was the one under cover.

I found a similar situation, I think that one pool is heated more than the other so that there is a choice. :D

Maybe if people leave their gratuities on, the cruise lines may be able to afford to heat the pools.:rolleyes:

Maybe if people leave their gratuities on, the cruise lines may be able to afford to heat the pools.:rolleyes:

The gratuities are for the staff, if someone opts out of paying them, it is the staff that miss out. The cruiseline does pay the staff what they missed out on.

The gratuities are for the staff, if someone opts out of paying them, it is the staff that miss out. The cruiseline does pay the staff what they missed out on.

Indeed (well, to a certain extent). Hence the cruiseline is the one out of pocket, as yatchet said. :D

In the past couple of years I have been on two cruise ships, the Liberty of the Seas in Europe and a 3 day cruise on Carnival Spirit from Sydney to Melbourne. Normally I love a swim on a hot day but on both ships I found the water ice cold and too cold for my likings to swim in, or at least stay in for a long time.

Does anyone know why the pools are so cold? Do any ships have heated pools?

I am going on the Celebrity Solstice in December and Im hoping at least the indoor pool is heated? Anyone Know? At least the spas are heated but one of the bigger pools being at least a comfortable temperature would be nice.

Did the Solstice on a Transatlantic crossing 2 years ago; pools were ice-cold and never heated ....

I was dismayed .... :eek::mad::(

Sorry a typo, I meant to say that they do not pay what the staff miss out on.:D

Yes and no. The cruise line have compensated staff if they're excessively shortchanged, though of course it's not to the full extent of what their tip earnings would be.

Archived