Question about Liquor

OP - haven't seen many recent threads. in the past it was reported that those who used them, were generally successful.

Not sure why anyone needs popcorn?

There is another new thread of a person asking to bring Soda, which technically is not permitted. I think just about every response gave personal examples of posters bringing soda or energy drinks, and encouraged the OP to do the same.

So now the question is alcohol, also not permitted. What is the difference?

Also to the OP- wanted to be sure you knew that RCCL now allows you to bring two (standard) bottles of wine per cabin, on board.

Cheers

M

Has anyone used "rum runner" flasks on RCI ? :confused:

Have used in the past with no problem. Many other people I know, same thing. Always in checked luggage but I live local and do not have to fly.

Quick answer to a quick question. Hopefully, the rest of your answers will be as short without those morality police cracking down :p. I do agree with cruisegirl where she states that whether it is soda, booze or water, it is still technically against the rules. You will find, however, that there are those who have decided to assign some kind of point system where breaking one is worse than breaking another. Don't understand it, myself. :confused:

Either way, enjoy your cruise! :D :D

They tend to burst and then everything in your suitcase needs to go to the laundry. That costs a lot more then the savings you might have gotten from the rum runner.
Never had one burst, myself. I suppose they could though. Just in case, I have always placed them in zip-lock bags.

We were on the June 23 Freedom of the Seas. We had a rum runner (placed in a ziplock) in each of our checked bags. All made it to our room safely. When we sail with Carnival, we purchase a liter bottle from Bon Voyage. We wish RCCL offered this option.

I usually hide my rumrunners in a plastic ziplock bag filled with Clorox. The chlorine scent throws off their super sophisticated vapor detection system.:rolleyes:

Worked well except for one time. The good thing was we were always able to spot each other from a distance due to our camouflaged clothes.:eek:

Any words of wisdom for not getting caught?

:cool:I only fill my RR's up to about 75%. Lay as flat as I can around the walls of the suitcases. Usually put shoes or something solid to hold in place. Flat is better than round. Good luck:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

:cool:I only fill my RR's up to about 75%. Lay as flat as I can around the walls of the suitcases. Usually put shoes or something solid to hold in place. Flat is better than round. Good luck:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Thanks Jack!

:cool:Just two words to this comment: Bull S#%@$:cool:Worked five of five for me:cool:

Reread my post with a sarcastic tone and you might see that I'm not taking this too seriously. Then, think about what it means to say, "nobody ever uses them but when they do they get caught".

Congrats, Mr. 5 for 5.

Reread my post with a sarcastic tone and you might see that I'm not taking this too seriously. Then, think about what it means to say, "nobody ever uses them but when they do they get caught".

Still laughing at that last comment

Cheers

Funbobby

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Still laughing at that last comment

Cheers

Funbobby

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for getting the humor. Some people don't find me as funny as I think I am.

Archived