Question about Liquor

I am new to cruising so can someone explain to me what are rum runners?

Thanks

They are plastic bottles that people pay extra money for, so they fill them with booze to sneak them on to the cruise (or into a stadium or . . . )

Royal used to allow you to purchase bottles from their shops and take them back to your cabin for consumption there. This was stopped either because of a decline in liquor profits, or maybe a lawsuit. Regardless, they put their policy in place and smuggling was done before and still goes on today. It is just to much of a pain with flying with liquids for us so we purchase drinks on board. I do miss having a drink on my balcony, but can still have that if one of us goes to a bar and gets one.

I just want someone to invent a fan runner so I can smuggle my fan on board. ;)

I am new to cruising so can someone explain to me what are rum runners?

Thanks

Google is your friend!

You're the first! Let us know how it goes! :D

Best answer! I think it is hysterical when people's question is Has anyone ever....? Has anyone ever been on the Allure?? Ask what you really want to know, how well do the Rum Runners work?

Google is your friend!

Best answer! I think it is hysterical when people's question is Has anyone ever....? Has anyone ever been on the Allure?? Ask what you really want to know, how well do the Rum Runners work?

Sorry I didn't ask my question the way you would have!!! :)

Just back from July 6th Oasis sailing. Yes we used rum runner bags. We filled and then put each bag individually inside a gallon zip lock bag (just in case). Then squished them into the fins in our snorkels and fin athletic bag we checked on the boat and two in some shoes we packed. Plus we taped a luggage tag on a 20 can case of diet coke. Everything arrived just fine.

Then we asked our room steward to keep our ice bucket full and tipped him generously. No problems and a great trip.

You can, but it gets annoying after a while, having a cheering section for every little thing you do.

Get right over here with paper towels and windex! You just made me spit all over my screen!

:eek: :eek: :D :p

I have used RR on all my cruises without any problem. I put them in the checked luggage spreading them out among the various pieces. RR tells you not to fill them full but rather about 75% so as to make them pliable and somewhat immune to punctures or bursting. I put them in with clothes so that they are protected from any sharp objects. I have never had one break or lead and have taken them with me on airplanes in checked luggage of course. I have seen posts here that they were found but the vast majority make it onboard. The odds are very much in your favor.

For the poster as to what and how to find them: rumrunnerflasks dot com.

What you do not want to do is pack you rum runner with any other items that may attract attention, like mouthwash.

I expect they get caught when something else caught while they were looking for something else.

[quote name='Paul65']You can, but it gets annoying after a while, having a cheering section for every little thing you do.[/QUOTE]

OMG, Paul, your answer had me cracking up!! What a hoot!! Thanks for the laugh!!

Archived