+55 discount

Has any-one ever got this discount? On the RCCL site when I have gone to book a cruise I get a price for the cruise and then when I have gone to book and realised DH is now 55+ and highlighted the box and got a new quote it is exactly the same!!!

No discount whatsoever - does the discount only apply on certain cruises etc? Would love to knw as DH thought once he hit this category he was going to get a small discount.

Has any-one ever got this discount? On the RCCL site when I have gone to book a cruise I get a price for the cruise and then when I have gone to book and realised DH is now 55+ and highlighted the box and got a new quote it is exactly the same!!!

No discount whatsoever - does the discount only apply on certain cruises etc? Would love to knw as DH thought once he hit this category he was going to get a small discount.

I was asked the same question by my TA, yet no discount was offered. Maybe it's just certain ships or sailings?

Yes, the 55+ discount only applies to certain cruises. Same for the resident discount.

You can check off the 55+ box on the advanced search page without selecting any other options, and those cruises for which this discount is available will be listed. A yellow triangle in the upper right of the box with the price in it will say "deal". Currently, 90 sailings are listed as offering a 55+ discount

Not only is the discount offered on only certain sailings, it's also on a per category basis. So there might be one category on a sailing with the senior discount and no others.

We were able to get a wonderful deal on the Jewel out of Tampa with a senior discount. It was only a few weeks before sailing. RC sent us an email with the special rates. The rooms were all D1. Most of them were on the hump. I think there must have been a group cancellation.

Saved a few hundred $ last year on the Vision in November for a JS. Offer was only there for a few weeks about 6 months before cruise. Then offer disapeared and price of cabin went up.

Don

Not only is the discount offered on only certain sailings, it's also on a per category basis. So there might be one category on a sailing with the senior discount and no others.

Yes! I have one for my upcoming cruise on Freedom in October. :cool: I'm in a D-1 but the discount as you said was not given in every category on the ship.

I got the discount on our 12-1-13 cruise but did not for our 12-14-14 cruise. It may pop up early next year though. If so, I'll call and get the balance lowered. :)

Sorry I found out the Senior discount is another discount we do not get on cruises sailing out of Europe. Senior discount only applies to cruises sailing from U. S. etc. ports.

Yes, we've gotten it, but you're right, sometimes it doesn't 'look' like it. That's because it's on some ships, some itineraries and certain times. We've gotten senior, residency and military ... but it just depends on the cruise. :)

Sorry I found out the Senior discount is another discount we do not get on cruises sailing out of Europe. Senior discount only applies to cruises sailing from U. S. etc. ports.
I got one on a cruise that sailed from Southampton to Barcelona.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Last September there was a Sr. rate on a Promenade for $419. I wasn't even planning on going to Bermuda in September on the Explorer but that convinced me. 60+ cruises and 1 Sr. Discount. ZERO resident discounts. I believe it's too late for me to go into the military or become a fire fighter!

We managed to get a +55 discount in an ocean-view cabin for our last cruise from Sydney - Fiji. This was about 5 months from the sailing date.

Yes, the 55+ discount only applies to certain cruises. Same for the resident discount.

..... and furthermore, not only are the discounts offered only for certain cruises and certain categories but also only at certain times.

So a discount may be shown one day and gone the next, depending on how well the cabins in that category sell. Then it may re-appear again at a later time. Or the next time, it may be a different category discount.

Archived