Holland America to Introduce a New Promotion Called Explore4

LAFFNVEGAS

Has anybody been to Iraklion Crete? I just checked the HAL shore excursion web site and there is nothing listed as available. We are stopping there in Nov and just checking what's there to do. Or is it still to early and they'll list it closer to departure?

Allan & Marlane

Has anybody been to Iraklion Crete? I just checked the HAL shore excursion web site and there is nothing listed as available. We are stopping there in Nov and just checking what's there to do. Or is it still to early and they'll list it closer to departure?

Allan & Marlane

You may be better off starting your own thread about excursions in Crete here or in the Ports of Call forum

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=594

Good Luck with your planning!

• 1 month later...
Can anyone confirm that for oceanview and above it is one pinnacle grill dinner per person?

Yes, it is. Just make sure that you are booked on the promo and the rest of your cabin mates are as well. This isn't usually a problem for double occupancy rooms.

I believe that 'Explore 4' has/will be replaced by 'Above & Beyond'.

Have never heard of that. Is it the same as Explore4 just with a different name or a whole new package? When did it come out?

Allan & Marlane

Have never heard of that. Is it the same as Explore4 just with a different name or a whole new package? When did it come out?

Allan & Marlane

It is a new package. I gave up the signature drink package and dinner and got $150 obc when I switched to it (there was also a $1,000 price drop so well worth it). It also offered "discounted" excursions.

Allan & Marlane

You may be better off starting your own thread about excursions in Crete here or in the Ports of Call forum

Good Luck with your planning!

I agree with sea42..This thread is about HAL's Explore 4 program..As suggested you should go to the Ports of call board to ask your question.. If you ask the same question on this main board, the Hosts will probably move it to the Ports of call board..

Try starting a thread in this forum like: Question about Crete..& you are bound to get many suggestions..

This is the site for Greece with all the ports of call including Crete..

Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

• 2 weeks later...

I see things are getting really tense in Crimea. Although according to an article on CC, HAL is still holding off on cancelling any ports of call to Ukraine. The Prinsendam is the first HAL ship to sail into that region in Oct. Although other cruise lines have cancelled or changed ports or longer over nights in some of their ports of call.

Allan & Marlane

Hi Allan - there is a discussion about this on our thread for September 21-October 21.

Just heard back from Georgina on the Massendam right now they were told that Ukraine is cancelled for the Prinsendam in Oct.

Allan & Marlane

Sad but true Odessa & Sevastopol have been cancelled. We were really looking forward to those stops. Received the new itinerary yesterday, Batumi Georgia, Trabzon Turkey & Sinop Turkey. We'll really get to see lots of Turkey on this cruise.

Allan & Marlane