Brazilian bikini bottoms on Celebrity and in the Caribbean? Is it allowed?

Please don't laugh at this question! We are going on our honeymoon on Celebrity Cruise to the Caribbean. I was going to surprise my new husband with a Brazilian bikini (more coverage than a thong, like the "cheeky" style). It would knock his socks off because I am not one to wear skimpy clothes. I have always been very self conscious and have been working really hard on my body. I really want to be in the best shape of my life come our wedding. Therefore, I feel like if I ever were to wear (by American standards) a more skimpy swimsuit, now would be the time!

Is this even allowed on Celebrity? Am I going to get a bunch of looks? I don't like attention, so maybe we could lay out up top away from the main pool.

What about in the Caribbean, is this common? Obviously in Brazil it would be but what about Costa Rica, Cozumel, Grand Cayman?

While I wait for responses I should go do some more sit-ups haha! ;)

Thank you in advance and my intention is not to start any drama or trouble. I am serious with this question.

My friend had a swimsuit she bought in Brazil (it sounds similar to yours) and she wore it for an entire 5-day Celebrity cruise to Jamaica and Grand Cayman in December 2011. One woman complimented her on it and asked where she'd purchased it--no one else said anything about it. I think you should be just fine!

I will admit that I had to google to find out what these are. I have seen skimpier on board. You might get attention, however (many guys might be watching and wishing their SO looked like that:D).

Here is a thread from a few years ago. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1276569&highlight=brazilian+bikini&page=2

Guest fyree39

Many 12 year old boys will be very excited with your new look. Just sayin'. :o Also, and I say this with candor and in all sincerity, please place a towel on any seat you use. I saw one young lady plop herself on a buffet seat wearing a suit like the one you describe. Her bits were coming in contact with the chair and, frankly, it was disturbing.

Now...go rock your itty bitty bikini!!

Many 12 year old boys will be very excited with your new look. Just sayin'. :o Also, and I say this with candor and in all sincerity, please place a towel on any seat you use. I saw one young lady plop herself on a buffet seat wearing a suit like the one you describe. Her bits were coming in contact with the chair and, frankly, it was disturbing.

Now...go rock your itty bitty bikini!!

Haha well I am hoping that there will not be a lot of children since it will be on Celebrity when school is still in session. :rolleyes:

And of course! I actually always use 2 towels because it grosses me out all the sweat and sunscreen, and yeah, yuck! And I always wear cover-ups anywhere on the ship! This is just for laying out and pool only. And like I said, I would probably go up the highest deck :)

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Do a tad of research on the ports you'll visit....some are VERY religious and aren't into nudity, even partial!....so check it out before you go ashore!

On the ship, you'll be fine! There will be women in thongs (some of which shouldn't, but, oh well!)

Thank you everyone! I can't find somewhere in the US to buy one? :( I hate ordering swimsuits online.

Anyone know where I could find a store in the US?

Everything But Water. Stores in Florida and Georgia.

Coming from someone who was too self conscious back in the day when I could have worn a bikini...go for it :)

And, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

This ^^^

and I also wish I'd had my belly button pierced :)

too late now.....

I don't know where you live in FL but in my area (west palm to Miami)they are easily bought at many of the Brazilian markets here. Brazilian foodmarkets here also sell clothes, etc.

I have two that I bought in Brazil 10 years ago (when I could wear them) and never did..I could probably get by with wearing them now but feel a little "old" for them :)

Please don't laugh at this question! We are going on our honeymoon on Celebrity Cruise to the Caribbean. I was going to surprise my new husband with a Brazilian bikini (more coverage than a thong, like the "cheeky" style). It would knock his socks off because I am not one to wear skimpy clothes. I have always been very self conscious and have been working really hard on my body. I really want to be in the best shape of my life come our wedding. Therefore, I feel like if I ever were to wear (by American standards) a more skimpy swimsuit, now would be the time!

Is this even allowed on Celebrity? Am I going to get a bunch of looks? I don't like attention, so maybe we could lay out up top away from the main pool.

What about in the Caribbean, is this common? Obviously in Brazil it would be but what about Costa Rica, Cozumel, Grand Cayman?

While I wait for responses I should go do some more sit-ups haha! ;)

Thank you in advance and my intention is not to start any drama or trouble. I am serious with this question.

• 3 weeks later...

My very petite friend went to Brazil as an exchange student and bought a bikini set there. The bottom was like you described but the top was a wealth of laughs: it was two stamp-sized wisps of fabric with strings to tie them up and she told us it was size XL. :D

She never wore the top back home but said it felt OK in Brazil as she saw plenty of sizes S and XS, too ;)

And a little sock-knocking is good for your honeymoon :)

If I had only known what I had - back when I had it - LMAO! Young and on your honeymoon - you go for it girl! Yes all the old geezers will be drooling but who cares - your husband will LOVE it. I once strolled topless on the nude beach on St Maartin with my dh - a wild decision for me but he LOVED it. When in Rome :o I wouldn't dare drag these gals through the sand now - so live and love while you are young!

Archived