R-ship changes

wiks

I understand that Oceania is planning to put a Baristas in the GDR bar area during the day and maybe a new grill area in the Terrace Cafe. I also understand that there probably is no adequate space to add a Red Ginger or Jacques restaurant anywhere. If so, I am curious if Oceania has considered (if possible) just adding some of their most popular menu items to a restaurant on the R-ships.

Wiks

I understand that Oceania is planning to put a Baristas in the GDR bar area during the day and maybe a new grill area in the Terrace Cafe. I also understand that there probably is no adequate space to add a Red Ginger or Jacques restaurant anywhere. If so, I am curious if Oceania has considered (if possible) just adding some of their most popular menu items to a restaurant on the R-ships.

Wiks

They have already..

Jancruz1

Wiks

Every night in the GDR there is at least one dish from either Red Ginger or Jacques. I well remember the Miso Glazed Sea Bass from Red Ginger! :D I thought it was a great idea to have a taster from these SRs for the guests on the R ships who would otherwise be deprived! ;):eek:

On my recent Regatta cruise to Alaska, the GDR dinner menu had "A Taste from Red Ginger" and "A Taste from Jacques" section, with one dish each.

One night's dishes included:

* Red Curry Chicken with Thai Eggplant, Baby Corn, Lime Leaves and Basil

* Filet de Bouef aux Cinq Poivres: Five Peppercorn Filet Steak with Light Brandy Sauce and Anna Potatoes

Other nights:

* Malaysian Beef Penaeng: Beef Short Rib, Nutty Curry Paste, Coconut and Paratha Roti

* Canard a l"Orange: Crispy Duck Breast with Orange Sauce, Potato Gratin and Braised Red Cabbage

* Pork Luc Lac: Pork Filet, Baby Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, Black Mushrooms, Iceberg Lettue and Chili Sauce

*Coquilles Saint-Jacques aux Morilles et Pomme de Terre Fondantes: Sauteed Scallops over Fondant Potatoes and Morel Sauce

The dishes were repeated during the cruise, so if you miss them one night, you can try them on another night.

Happy to hear they are already doing some menu items. Would love to see the Miso Sea Bass from RG among others.

Wiks

They are doing that dish in the MDR. We had it in March on Nautica and in July on Regatta.

Cenia

On our first Marina cruise (Oct '11) I thought that since there isn't room on the R ships for two more restaurants, the solution was to add some dishes to the GDR menu. I was delighted to see that had happened ... not in time for our August '12 Regatta cruise, but it's an easy solution. Obviously they can't make the entire menu available, but a dish or two a night is a good start.

Mura

Archived