Question for Copper 10-8

solocanadian

Hello Copper John

Please tell..staff of Ryndam for November sailings out of Tampa.

Thank you and Cheers!

Capt - Werner Timmers

HD - Cees van Santen

GRM - Yvonne Buitendijk (outstanding GRM!)

CD - Michael Langley

Echef - Walter Blakemore

DRM - Pulung Baskoro

EHK - Rita Lynch/Tetet Prihatnoko

Always subject to change/enjoy RYDM and Tampa, FL:)

John,

I was wondering if it is too early to know who the Captain, HM, CD and Dining Room Manager is for the Prinsendam SA Grand Voyage in January?

And will you ever get an opportunity to be security on a Grand Voyage? Would love to sail with you again. We were lucky enough to meet up with you on the VOV last year. My brother and sister-in-law still live in Torrence. We think about you every time we go to see them.

Thanks

John,

I was wondering if it is too early to know who the Captain, HM, CD and Dining Room Manager is for the Prinsendam SA Grand Voyage in January?

And will you ever get an opportunity to be security on a Grand Voyage? Would love to sail with you again. We were lucky enough to meet up with you on the VOV last year. My brother and sister-in-law still live in Torrence. We think about you every time we go to see them.

Thanks

Hi Sharon; that VOV was a nice one huh? Great being back in Amsterdam and taking the tram to my old neighborhood and schools. Yes, would love to do a Grand Voyage one day, will see. Take care and be safe!

For PRDM next January:

Capt - Andre van Schoonhoven

HD - Cees Tesselaar

CD - Linda Minnikin

DRM - Hermenegildus Erni Hanzlagut aka "Gildus"

Always subject to change/enjoy!!

Staff Captain Williams, the only female staff captain with HAL at the moment, has been serving on Volendam but is going to Maasdam in the future

HD Rene Tuinman and his wife are currently assigned to Zaandam

Thank you for your reply.

Sounds as though we will just miss Catherine, she is a great Kiwi lady.

Rene' is an excellent HD, Volendam's loss is the Zaandam's gain.

Staff Captain Williams, the only female staff captain with HAL at the moment, has been serving on Volendam but is going to Maasdam in the future

HD Rene Tuinman and his wife are currently assigned to Zaandam

Copper 10-8, I am bereft...it seems there may be none of the 'old guard' on the Volendam when we board in October for the circumnavigation...weep, weep.

Barb

Capt - Edward van Zaane (same Master who took her out on her maiden voyage in July 2010)

CD - Anthony Heywood - great guy/ask him about 'Dancing with the Stars at sea' :)

Always subject to change/Enjoy Nieuw A'dam!:)

John, Will they be on board the NA month of October back to Fort Lauderdale? I hope we see you on Maasdam in January!

Happy anniversary to you and Maria.

John, Will they be on board the NA month of October back to Fort Lauderdale? I hope we see you on Maasdam in January!

Happy anniversary to you and Maria.

Hi Sheila and thanks

Capt. Bas van Dreumel will be in command of NADM in October and David Shea will be the CD

I'll be home in January;)

Hi Sheila and thanks

Capt. Bas van Dreumel will be in command of NADM in October and David Shea will be the CD

I'll be home in January;)

Thanks, John....haven't yet been on a cruise with them. We'll do seven days in the Med and then the TA for 14...almost the whole month. Sorry that we'll miss you on the Maasdam, January 27. :(

Edited by innlady1

Hi Sharon; that VOV was a nice one huh? Great being back in Amsterdam and taking the tram to my old neighborhood and schools. Yes, would love to do a Grand Voyage one day, will see. Take care and be safe!

For PRDM next January:

Capt - Andre van Schoonhoven

HD - Cees Tesselaar

CD - Linda Minnikin

DRM - Hermenegildus Erni Hanzlagut aka "Gildus"

Always subject to change/enjoy!!

John,

Thanks for the info.

Hope that our paths cross someday again. Really enjoyed our VOV cruise even with all the port cancellation. Still vividly remember the meeting explaining the cancellation of the Greenland port of call and Prince Christian Sound.

Enjoyed Molde and the extra time in Reykjavik and St Johns.

I'm so curious, I can't help but ask, if you don't mind.

If this is your first HAL cruise (lucky you...... the first is always special), would the names of the Captain and CD mean anything to you? Would you know these people if you've never sailed HAL before? I know I'm missing something obvious but not sure what. :o

Have a GREAT cruise.

Yes it would

I have read Captains Log so I am aware of the author and the line he worked for I was also aware that Anthony Haywood was a CD but unsure on which ship.He used to be a frequent face in my living room on my TV and came across as having a great sense of humour,so I am more than happy to learn he will be the CD on my trip

Capt - Edward van Zaane (same Master who took her out on her maiden voyage in July 2010)

CD - Anthony Heywood - great guy/ask him about 'Dancing with the Stars at sea' :)

Always subject to change/Enjoy Nieuw A'dam!:)

Thank you for the info, got a big smile on my face on hearing who the CD is

Thank you for the info, got a big smile on my face on hearing who the CD is

I forgot Anthony used to be on the QVC-UK TV station as a presenter. He is currently very heavily involved with the HAL Dancing with the Stars at Sea program where he accompanies the stars/dancers and support crew to the various ships (Veendam/Oosterdam + Nieuw Amsterdam in January next year) and becomes the liaison, facilitating the new (and very successful) program

i read with interest the history of the Love Boat. My husband and I were on the Sea Venture Oct 1972, from New York to Hamilton. It was our first cruise. We had a suite up on A deck and we thought it was beautiful. Twin beds and a couch. A far cry from todays suites's or for that matter almost any cabin catagory. We didn't return to cruising for almost 30 years but it is still just as thrilling.

Hi Copper

would you know who will be sailing as Captain.. Hotel Director..COM .. DRM and CD

this is our 3rd adventure in as many years on this Transatlantic Europe cruise

BTW..it sure beats 'pushing' a PD.. 23 years retired this past July 30.. and never looked back :) ( Suffolk County , NY)

thanx much

I forgot Anthony used to be on the QVC-UK TV station as a presenter. He is currently very heavily involved with the HAL Dancing with the Stars at Sea program where he accompanies the stars/dancers and support crew to the various ships (Veendam/Oosterdam + Nieuw Amsterdam in January next year) and becomes the liaison, facilitating the new (and very successful) program

He always came across as down to Earth and not afraid to laugh at himself, I think he left cruise-ships to join QVC. The pull back to the cruise ships was too great to resist.

Seems he is doing a good job as CD

Copper:

You were kind enough to tell us who will be the officers on the Prinsendam in January, so maybe you'd be willing to tell us who will be the Dining Room Manager and Culinary Operations Manager on the Prinsendam on the September 16, 2013 cruise. (You can see that I'm more interested in the culinary aspect than in the navigation aspect.) Thanks.

Semper Fi!

Pettifogger

Hi Copper

would you know who will be sailing as Captain.. Hotel Director..COM .. DRM and CD

this is our 3rd adventure in as many years on this Transatlantic Europe cruise

BTW..it sure beats 'pushing' a PD.. 23 years retired this past July 30.. and never looked back :) ( Suffolk County , NY)

thanx much

Hi Stakeout; very cool name - we use 'Code-5' for that task in Calif;)

Capt - Unk at this time/poss. Anne Jan Smit

HD - Francois Birarda

COM - Andreas Noemayr

DRM - Ida Bagus Sugiantha

CD - Harvey Kowbel

Thanks for serving your 23 years/quite an accomplishment, especially in today's environment!

Enjoy Maasie and her crew/Great ship!:)

He always came across as down to Earth and not afraid to laugh at himself, I think he left cruise-ships to join QVC. The pull back to the cruise ships was too great to resist.

Seems he is doing a good job as CD

Anthony is a good guy and a very good and polished CD

Copper:

You were kind enough to tell us who will be the officers on the Prinsendam in January, so maybe you'd be willing to tell us who will be the Dining Room Manager and Culinary Operations Manager on the Prinsendam on the September 16, 2013 cruise. (You can see that I'm more interested in the culinary aspect than in the navigation aspect.) Thanks.

Semper Fi!

Pettifogger

DRM - Hermenegildus Erni Hanzlagut or just "Gildus"

COM - Roland Borsje

Always subject to change!

Enjoy PRDM, Pettifogger! Semper Fi!