Anyone Notice?

sail7seas

Someone removed some of the stickies from the top of the HAL thread list.

Thank you, Host Walt, Laura or whomever it was that cleaned up our forum for us. :)

The work you do for us is always appreciated.

Oh, yes. I check the count every morning, and am pleased to see it going down. A few more to go (one more has an expiration date listed), and the top of the board will look all shiny clean.

A couple of days ago Host Walt gave us the word that if we hit the red triangle and explained why we wanted to see some threads removed, he would consult with the "higher ups".

Many of us did that,

By the next morning several of the really old "sticky" threads were gone!!

Yes -- thank you CC for cleaning up this board!!

A couple of days ago Host Walt gave us the word that if we hit the red triangle and explained why we wanted to see some threads removed, he would consult with the "higher ups".

Many of us did that,

By the next morning several of the really old "sticky" threads were gone!!

Yes -- thank you CC for cleaning up this board!!

I missed that...but am very happy it's been cleaned up!

Oh dear, we lost Joanie's wonderful links to all the ship and cabin photos and layouts. That was a well-referenced gem. :(

Oh no! I rely on that stickie. Moderators, please put it back!!

I still have Joanie's Sticky when I look at the Main Hal CC page.

My error - I was only looking at the Announcements and did not see it there. Did not look down the list far enough. Phew, dodged the bullet losing that one. Thanks for the correction.

There was a thread on stickies and everyone agreed that Joanie's page should stay as well as the classification of the ships, so I am sure Joanie's page will not be red triangled.

Host Walt has encouraged us to red triangle any sticky we do not need and nominate it to be removed with our reasons. I know some of us did this but if there is a sticky still there that you don't think is needed, then by all means please red triangle it and send your comments. It may depend upon how many people comment.

I was very pleased to see that they put an expiry date on the malware sticky. This was one thing I asked about and I am sure others did as well.

Many thanks to Host Walt for following through:D

Disappointed to see the count hasn't gone down again this morning :(, but there's hope that a few more stickies could disappear over the next few days.

The administrators have made a good start; no falling down on the job now!

I noticed right away....on this little back up laptop I am using at the moment it took less scrolls to get down to the "real" posts :D

Right! :) The hits to "page down" has dropped from three to two on my laptop.

Now, if people are scrolling, or hitting "page drop", how many of those announcements and stickies are really looked at? Sometimes there's a new "announcement" that's been posted for several days before I notice that it's even there. So much for drawing attention. :rolleyes: Same goes for stickies.

Archived