Adventure of the Seas aft balcony 6690

kevey

Hi all

Travelling on Adventure of the Seas in September.

After upgrading from Oceanview cabin 3262 to Guarantee Balcony cabin last week, have just found out that we will be in cabin 6690 which is an aft balcony cabin.

Has anybody stayed in this cabin or similar before ? What are the pro's and con's ? - looking at the pictures the balcony itself appears larger than normal but there is a slight obstruction due to ships structure curving around the back of the ship.

Look forward to some feedback.

Our thoughts are that we were upgraded without charge, and that any balcony must be better than an oceanview cabin.

Wow that's great we were on the liberty of the sea this year and stayed in aft cabin 1402 on deck 10 the structure was fine we got used to it, the cabin was large and the balcony huge, congratulations on your upgrade people book these cabins as soon as they come out we loved it in fact have booked an aft cabin for our next cruise next year

Thanks, but really want to find out opinions on the actual cabin we are staying in as their can be slight differences from ship to ship, and deck to deck.

This site is great for pictures of aft balconies but, unfortunately, it only has 3 balcony pictures of the balcony in the same catagory but beside your cabin.

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_6-E/gallery.html

There is a huge difference between the deck 10 balconies the PP posted pictures of and the deck 6 balconies that are set way back in the superstructure of the ship. I would try to switch to a different cabin if one is available in that category.

Edit to add: I now see you are from the UK, you can't change your cabin without paying a fee unless it is a US booking.

Edited by reallyitsmema

If there are any afts on deck 7 or higher I would switch. The biggest problem with deck six is the grey area right in front of your balcony. This is the roof of the crew deck area and really blocks the view from deck 6. We've had the corner afts on Explorer and Adventure, decks 7 and 9. Don't know if any are available, but deck 6 would be my last choice.

Just looked and I don't have any photos of that area:(. Hope this helps a bit.

Hi all

Travelling on Adventure of the Seas in September.

After upgrading from Oceanview cabin 3262 to Guarantee Balcony cabin last week, have just found out that we will be in cabin 6690 which is an aft balcony cabin.

Has anybody stayed in this cabin or similar before ? What are the pro's and con's ? - looking at the pictures the balcony itself appears larger than normal but there is a slight obstruction due to ships structure curving around the back of the ship.

Look forward to some feedback.

Our thoughts are that we were upgraded without charge, and that any balcony must be better than an oceanview cabin.

There are variations in balcony size and shape, but the cabins (with the exception of 1688 & 1388) are completely standard. You can watch videos of the construction of some of the ships,and they are completely modular. All the E cabins are the same size, all the D cabins are the same size, with the exception that I already mentioned.

It is 6690's balcony which is larger than some other E1 balconies.

Thanks all.

Any more positive thoughts regarding this cabin ? Agree that the larger balcony size is a huge positive.

Interestingly, looking at deck plan genius website, it makes no mention of being obstructed, which I find surprising bearing in mind it is on RCL's own website when selecting a cabin. In fact this is their feedback;

"In our opinion, cabins 6688, 6690, 6390 and 6388 are in a wonderful aft location, and, each feature a larger than average balcony".

That sounds ideal to me.

You may create a monster.

On DH's first cruise I switched to an aft balcony which opened 2 mos. out. Now if I mention a cabin other than aft facing he almost begins to whimper.

We are balcony rats so the large balconies are a delight. I have managed to sleep outside on the balcony on most cruises....heaven under the stars.

Our fall sailing on the Brilliance in Canada I was really ill ..... Didn't realize how I'll until later (heart). I could manage little and spent more time than usual on our balcony. It was a surprising oasis from very high winds. Our dinner companions complained they could hardly open their door because of winds and we spent the sea day napping in the warm sunshine.

Some say it's a long walk from the elevators. I have not found it to be so much....but it's worth every step once we were there.

We are traveling to Canary islands end of September on AOS, has anyone done this cruise at this time of the year, if so what is the weather like??:)

We visited in late October, and it was cool, in the low 60's, but a nice sunny day in the morning. By the afternoon as we were leaving, it was raining. Should be warmer in September.

6690 is a great cabin. The balcony is HUGE! One important thing to know about this cabin is the walk it takes to get to it. The cabin is over 300 feet (yes, I measured it) from the elevators. This can be good or bad depending on how you feel about walking. My wife and I like to walk so for us, the location was not an issue. Another nice thing about it's location is that you have no people walking by making noise in the hall. With the exception of your neighbors on either side, nobody else has to walk past your cabin to get to theirs.

Thanks Crooked Halo - have looked for pictures but cannot seem to find one of our actual cabin.

Now I know that they are large and therefore spacious balconies, am really keen to know just how obstructed the view will be from this cabin and whether we will still get the full 'panoramic' aft experience.

Go to www.voyager-class.com. There should be photos from a deck six aft cabin there, if not your actual cabin.

That is the website I had linked the OP to yesterday but there are none of his particular cabin. If he looks at the center cabins that will give him a better idea as to what his view will be since he is over one from the cabin there are pictures of.

Thanks Crooked Halo - have looked for pictures but cannot seem to find one of our actual cabin.

Now I know that they are large and therefore spacious balconies, am really keen to know just how obstructed the view will be from this cabin and whether we will still get the full 'panoramic' aft experience.

Here are some pictures of the obstruction from the corner aft on deck 7 -

The obstruction is the ships super structure and after a bit you don't even see it (at least I didn't).

Deck six has another 'obstruction' and that is the grey area I spoke of before. If you look at the pictures on the website I referred you to, you should see it (might have to look at deck 7 pics). Itsmema is right - using the pic from a deck six aft will give you some idea of what you would see, as it is only one cabin to the side of yours.

Good luck - we love afts, but go for the corners ourselves whenever possible;)

202.jpg.deabb923dda1d848bd613bcb15581f7a.jpg

205.jpg.edc18a5c46b29df8dac4da5a9afc869c.jpg

The deck 6 aft experience will not be like that of higher decks. As someone has pointed out, there is a long metal area strechting from your balcony to the end of the ship which is the roof of a crew area. As others have stated, if you can change to a different aft cabin in the same catagory but on a higher deck, you probably should do so. At any rate, you are correct that any balcony cabin is better than an oceanview!

You may create a monster.

On DH's first cruise I switched to an aft balcony which opened 2 mos. out. Now if I mention a cabin other than aft facing he almost begins to whimper.

We are balcony rats so the large balconies are a delight. I have managed to sleep outside on the balcony on most cruises....heaven under the stars.

Our fall sailing on the Brilliance in Canada I was really ill ..... Didn't realize how I'll until later (heart). I could manage little and spent more time than usual on our balcony. It was a surprising oasis from very high winds. Our dinner companions complained they could hardly open their door because of winds and we spent the sea day napping in the warm sunshine.

Some say it's a long walk from the elevators. I have not found it to be so much....but it's worth every step once we were there.

ha ha ha ha ha :D

Thanks folks

The piccies were very useful - from what I can see, will still get a decent panoramic view and would not be bothered by the superstructure as still can see loads.

With regard to looking straight down, last year we were on the Radiance in a deck 7 balcony and there was an approx 10 foot white shiny cover (for the lifeboats below) which we meant we could not see down then either - to be honest it was not an issue as the main thing for us is getting a view straight ahead, and to the sides.

Edited by kevey

• 2 years later...

Is the ship configuration the same on RCI explorer of the seas room 6690? We just booked 6690 on explorer for oct 2017. Have not been able to find any pictures looking out from the balcony of 6690 on explorer of the seas, just rear shots of entire ship. Would like to know what to expect for the 23 night sailing.

Is the ship configuration the same on RCI explorer of the seas room 6690? We just booked 6690 on explorer for oct 2017. Have not been able to find any pictures looking out from the balcony of 6690 on explorer of the seas, just rear shots of entire ship. Would like to know what to expect for the 23 night sailing.

Yes, Explorer and Adventure would have the same configuration for that stateroom.