What does your C&A level mean to you?

Mac303

After reading another thread here,

Just being curious, what people think that your C&A level equals.

We are diamond, to us that level means that we get: discounts on cabins, priority check-in, coupons to use on board, and other perks associated with the loyalty program, in short a nice thank you from, RCCL for being a loyal customer.

What are your thoughts?

I think I would be less than honest if I didn't say that after 20+ years of cruising exclusively with RCI that I didn't enjoy the recognition that being D+ can bring.

D, D+, and Pinnacle (in particular) are pretty exclusive levels to RCI for repeat cruisers, and there is nothing wrong in my view for being recognized for that.

That being said, we typically enjoy the balcony discount, Diamond / Concierge Lounges (especially with the cocktail hour), and the discounts available at the specialty restaurants.

But I also agree with Polarbear PA that it is more a feeling of appreciation, and certainly not one of entitlement.

Other than that, we just enjoy cruising.

We love the perks and yes being D+ is more powerful when needed than you might think. However we have used up most of RC cruises itineraries and luckily have virtually the same perks on Celebrity which offer some different adventures.

How ever, we have come across some great cruises to exotic places not offered by RC. on other lines, but have to start over in the loyalty pecking order. Heck my bar bill/other expenses, would be as much as the cruise LOL if I chose to do one.

After reading another thread here,

Just being curious, what people think that your C&A level equals.

We are diamond, to us that level means that we get: discounts on cabins, priority check-in, coupons to use on board, and other perks associated with the loyalty program, in short a nice thank you from, RCCL for being a loyal customer.

What are your thoughts?

well my 'perks' at this time stem from having only sailed in full suites up to this point. TBH none of the perks listed as a C&A member are all that exciting to me, the coupons I have found are wasted other than the drinks since we do not gamble, use the internet or have access to Johnny Rockets on the ships we sail. I have seen the little snacks you get for being an Upper Tier and was unimpressed. we won't/don't sail in anything under a JS so the balcony discount is useless to us.

In other words I wouldn't notice if they were not around.

We are also D and really like the balcony discounts and the priority boarding. We don't enjoy the lounges, but prefer to hang out with the regular people ;) at the pool bar.

What kind of people are in the lounges?

It means I spend around $500 less than I would spend on each Royal Caribbean cruise I take if I didn't have it. Along with a few nice on-board perks I wouldn't get otherwise.

In turn it keeps me coming back more often than I would without it. Not to say RCCL wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd be willing to try other lines more often than I do now.

Archived