Move over offer

antsp

Just had a very nice move over offer, its a no go for us but, move from Aug 16th Ruby to the 9th of Sept, move from a restricted view to a full suite, all your money back and $300 pp towards air changes.

Never mind dd back in her final year of school. Suite life do i real need it. Yes yes yes.

I got the same offer yesterday, my first ever move over offer in 19 Princess cruises. I was really impressed at the offer and normally would have jumped at it. But for a number of reasons it would not work for me and I turned it down. I am in an inside cabin, so for me, the offer to move from inside to a full suite was amazing.......but it just won't work for me to go Sept 9, and I was all packed up already, the away message was on my office phone, and I was mentally on vacation already!

Wow, seems like it would incredibly difficult to get people to move over today for a cruise out of Rome tomorrow! Most people are on the plane already or in Rome at this point. They probably should have done this last week and people would have jumped at the offer.

Wow...they must seriously need cabins...that is very generous!!

We took a Moveover once...paid for inside and ended up getting balcony, credit equal to one cruise fare and a better sailing date than we had in the first place. We were traveling alone that trip (which is NOT often the case!) and had done our air thru Princess, so one call rebooked it all. We pinched ourselves over and over.

I got the same offer yesterday, my first ever move over offer in 19 Princess cruises. I was really impressed at the offer and normally would have jumped at it. But for a number of reasons it would not work for me and I turned it down. I am in an inside cabin, so for me, the offer to move from inside to a full suite was amazing.......but it just won't work for me to go Sept 9, and I was all packed up already, the away message was on my office phone, and I was mentally on vacation already!

Just had a very nice move over offer, its a no go for us but, move from Aug 16th Ruby to the 9th of Sept, move from a restricted view to a full suite, all your money back and $300 pp towards air changes.

Never mind dd back in her final year of school. Suite life do i real need it. Yes yes yes.

Doesn't make sense. Your cruise is tomorrow in Europe and you're still home in the U.S.? Or are you not in the U.S.?

We had an amazing move over last August on an Alaska 7 day. Postponed our cruise for one week (we were notified day before sailing - I was just packing when they called), upgrade from balcony to full suite, $1,000 OBC, and $$$ to cover any cancellation charges for private excursions and rail. We were so lucky to be able to take advantage of it. :)

Wow...they must seriously need cabins...that is very generous!!

We took a Moveover once...paid for inside and ended up getting balcony, credit equal to one cruise fare and a better sailing date than we had in the first place. We were traveling alone that trip (which is NOT often the case!) and had done our air thru Princess, so one call rebooked it all. We pinched ourselves over and over.

This the same deal we had on our first Princess cruise. Is it any wonder we love princess. Last cruise we paid for a guarantee balcony bf and we were upgraded to bb. Another happy cruise.

wow....the move over deals are fabulous...an inside to a full suite AND money in your pocket ranging from full fare refund to $1000 OBC...:eek: and I thought the flash deals were sweet.:p

The Rome departure ones are odd in that it is only one days notice and the posters are living in the US....hmmmm

Where do I 'sign up' for being eligible for this windfall? or does the 'upgrade fairy' moonlight as the 'move over fairy'?

I never heard of a Move over offer until I was just offered one for our Alaska cruise next week. My offer wasn't as nice but I don't want it as this is the 1st leg of a B2B. Does Princess do this a lot?

Maybe a suck up offer after the way you were treated the last time.:rolleyes:

Mike:)

I had never heard of Moveover before it happened to us. I guess it's just the luck of the draw. We live in Fl so no flights were involved. We are also retired so it wasn't a problem for us to change plans. I don't know if Princess takes those things into consideration when seeking people to accept the offer or not.

Does Princess do this a lot?

Like the airlines, Princess will use historical data to predict how many cabin cancellations are likely and will overbook to fill those cabins when the expected cancellations occur.

If not enough people cancel, then Princess will make "moveover" offers to get the needed cabins, enhancing the offers as necessary to get the needed acceptance.

You have no doubt been on airplane flights when a call is made for volunteers to take a later flight because the flight is overbooked. The volunteers are offered some form of compensation, normally in the form of a credit voucher to be applied to a future flight.

The difference is that the airlines are required by law to compensate passengers who are denied boparding due to overbooking. Thus the airline will try to bribe people off the plane with offers that are less than what they would have to compensate someone who is denied boarding.

Cruise lines are not required by law to do the same, but the effect of denying someone boarding at check-in due to overbooking is a PR nightmare. Thus generous bribes to get confirmed passengers to switch to a different cruise date.

The day before our first Princess cruise, we found a message from Princess on our answering machine offering us a moveover offer. It was for a full refund from the lowest category inside to a cabin with a balcony if we postponed our cruise for a few weeks.

Didn't take them up on it, even though we were within driving distance to that port (so no flights nor hotel to change) and my hubby's work schedule was flexible enough (usually places I've worked at didn't allow one to take vacation when someone in the same level already said dibs) to make the change. We had the girl's kindergarten homework packet, we were packed, and as someone above said, we were in vacation mode. Plus, we weren't interested in a balcony. I'm sure that offer was good enough for someone else to grab.

A few weeks before our most recent cruise, we got another offer, but this was for a partial refund. As that was the only time we could go (nowadays can't take the girl out of school), we weren't going to accept the offer.

The day before our first Princess cruise' date=' we found a message from Princess on our answering machine offering us a moveover offer. It was for a full refund from the lowest category inside to a cabin with a balcony if we postponed our cruise for a few weeks.

Didn't take them up on it, even though we were within driving distance to that port (so no flights nor hotel to change) and my hubby's work schedule was flexible enough (usually places I've worked at didn't allow one to take vacation when someone in the same level already said dibs) to make the change. We had the girl's kindergarten homework packet, we were packed, and as someone above said, we were in vacation mode. Plus, we weren't interested in a balcony. I'm sure that offer was good enough for someone else to grab.

A few weeks before our most recent cruise, we got another offer, but this was for a partial refund. As that was the only time we could go (nowadays can't take the girl out of school), we weren't going to accept the offer.[/quote']

I got no kids in school...no work to rearrange...can fly anytime...pleazzzzze pick me!

Doesn't make sense. Your cruise is tomorrow in Europe and you're still home in the U.S.? Or are you not in the U.S.?
If one is flying into Europe on the same day it would be an evening flight from the central USA the day before. So there was time - but not much.

Wow, seems like it would incredibly difficult to get people to move over today for a cruise out of Rome tomorrow! Most people are on the plane already or in Rome at this point. They probably should have done this last week and people would have jumped at the offer.
We got a move-over offer for a cruise out of Rome just 3 days before the cruise, where we were to fly in the day of the cruise (no other flights available). While not as sweet as the suite it was sweet enough to be a mini-suite coming from what was originally an Obstructed oceanview cabin. We were flying Princess air, so they made all the changes to the flights and gave us a refund of the lower flight cost difference. We also got a generous refundable OBC, and were able to upgrade, with no extra cost, to a longer cruise to the Aegean and Egypt that we weren't able to afford otherwise.

We, too, had made the mental transition from work to cruise, and for once was fully packed and ready to go earlier in the week. It was tough to go back into work, but we ended up getting a cruise of a lifetime to several of the "must see once" destinations in the world!

Sweet, Princess! Sweet!

Archived