Fall 2013 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Ah yes, Jacoby - he took some getting used to, huh. My opinion of KeShawn is from the very first episode as I haven't seen this week's show yet (we had to watch The Voice last night...). I fast-forwarded thru the first part of DWTS to see what Brooke was wearing - she was sitting down but it looked very pretty.

I was finally able to watch most of the show last night (we have out of town company, oy). I thought Brooke's dress was a beautiful color of blue but didn't care for the cut-out on her abs - at least her belly button wasn't showing.

I'm afraid my concerns about Valerie Harper may be correct - she's having trouble remembering the steps. I feel so sorry for her but she's such a trooper. So gracious when getting a score of 5.

At least Bill Nye was eliminated before permanently injuring himself. He was just so determined to dance and to win. Ha. I think he may have been the heart of the show this year.

Who's your favorite dancer so far?

I felt the same about Brooke's blue gown. It did fit her beautifully.

I was surprised that I loved Bill and Emma's Lone Ranger themed Paso Doble. As one of the non-dancers he really pulled off what could have been silly dance.

Valerie has to go next, she just can't remember the steps and it makes me sad. Tristan was a very hot Freddy Mercury though.

I liked that Bill Nye went through with the dance and I thought it was really good for a guy that couldn't/shouldn't move much. I hope he recovers enough for the final show.

Not sure if I have a true favorite dancer yet. I like Bill, Elizabeth and Brant.

Sorry Jo, I had Cam wanting to watch tv with me last night and it messed with my thinking.

Liked Brookes dress, don't remember Carrie Ann's at all? and I thought Julianne's was a bit off somehow in the lace design and more red carpet than ballroom.

Still loving Bill Engvall, he's having so much fun.

Leah Remini's gold fringed outfit was just weird.

I liked Brooke's dress too, was not fond of Carrie Ann's, if I'm remembering it right, and really hated Leah's very strange outfit.

Yes, the right person went home. For some reason I'm not just as into this year; possibly because so many of the 'stars' have a lot of dance experience, even if not ballroom, so it's not as much fun to see them develop. Plus it's not very fair to the true non-dancers.

The scoring seemed all over the place last night too. Brant and Bill got the same score? Really?

I actually like the new format better this year - not so much fluff. No more wasting time running up the stairs to interview with Brooke. Everything moves right along.

Carrie Ann had a black off-the-shoulder gown with silver trim. It seems like she's worn it before. I liked Julianne's dress. It looked youthful and age-appropriate.

I love Bill Engvall too. I don't know anything about dancing but it seems like he remembers all the steps and does pretty well with his feet. His hips, not so much. :)

Brooke was wearing a black and gray short sheath dress with cap sleeves. It was beautiful but a little casual. I loved Carrie Ann's shorter hair. I like how the judges come down the stairs in the beginning now so we can see what she's wearing. It looked like it had elastic at the bottom just above or below the knees... I have some tops like that but shorter of course.

I really like Bill E. also although he does look a bit clumsy. But he's just so likeable. Unlike Elizabeth, who is a great dancer but I'm having a hard time warming up to her.

I'm so glad Valerie was eliminated so she can rest those knees of hers. Seems like everybody is having knee issues.

I'm loving this new format also - the show just speeds right along without alot of the usual filler.

HI all!

Yikes what's going on, nobody's posted in a while?!:eek:

I liked Brooke's look last night & Carrie Ann's too. I think the right person went home. Some really talented dancers on the show this year.

~ Jo ~ :)

I am a BIG sports fan and have been watching the Baseball playoffs.

They are more interesting (to me) than the show........so I have yet

to see a full program of DWTS this season.

I know who has been voted off but that is because one of my co-workers

watches every week.

And to be honest, I don't feel like I have missed anything and if I want

to see it? There is always "On Demand".

This season seems kind of "oh hum" to me, I haven't found anyone to get excited about. Brant is cute, so maybe he will become my "favorite".:D

I do like the new format, especially the fact that it is only one night!

Sherri:)

My only problem with the show only one night is only one dress a week of Brooke's and Carrie Ann's to see.

Dancing with the Babies coming soon!

Baby Boy on the Way for Edyta Sliwinska and Alec Mazo.

I had no idea she was married.

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2013/10/10/dancing-with-the-stars-edyta-sliwinska-pregnant-alec-mazo-expecting-son/

Hi all: We just got back a few days ago from a lovely month long vacation. Enjoyed it all. I have done a quick DVR recap of the DWTS I had recorded, well so far I am not so impressed, I don't have a favorite as yet, but I do have to say I like the one night format better. I read through all your posts and thanks for all the information to help me get updated on the show.

Cori

Welcome back Cori!

I was too tired to watch last night from 3 days of Canadian Thankgiving dinners and parties so I hope to watch the show tonight.

Can't find it online this week to watch during the day. ABC is only good in the USA and I thought it was on our CTV web site in full episodes but I can't get things to work this week.

I wondered about those stockings too; I thought, surely they didn't put her in knee highs! The knee braces make sense.

I do wish they wouldn't dress her in such mature looking dresses. I know she's a plus-size girl, but let her wear something young! I wouldn't even wear the dress she had last night, and I'm 68!

I did not like Brooke's look or dress at all last night--too harsh; I think it aged her.

There were some great dances but strange scores from the judges. IMO the wrong person was sent home, for sure.

I think you're right about no fan base but I also didn't find them that likeable.

I'm neither here nor there on Brooke's dress. It was okay.

Amber's dress looked heavy when it was so long. Not sure if she had badly fitting thigh- highs on or knee wraps.

I really liked Peta's grey gown and I would have given Brant at least one of those 10's they were handing out willy nilly. That dance was lovely and had great speed.

I didn't get Snooki's (Nicole) jazz dance. I thought that was hip hop.

I thought maybe I would miss watching the show......I am wrong.

I clicked over right before they eliminated the gal......so I missed

it all. All I saw was Brooke's dress:eek:......I didn't like it and don't even

know if I will watch the rest of the season......just not feeling it this

time around.

I thought maybe I would miss watching the show......I am wrong.

I clicked over right before they eliminated the gal......so I missed

it all. All I saw was Brooke's dress:eek:......I didn't like it and don't even

know if I will watch the rest of the season......just not feeling it this

time around.

I missed it on Monday and my pvr skipped it for some reason, so I had to wait till today to watch online in Canada.

I think I'm mostly watching the show for Bill and Brant, I find them the most likeable when they are not dancing.

I'm not sure about Brooke's dress either but I'm glad it was long. My husband looked up from his iPad for a split second and said "her hair is ugly." Lol. I didn't think it was that bad.

I remember Christina from The Voice as an interviewer and never cared for her very much. It may be a likeability factor that sent her home - she definitely could dance. Do you think it also may have something to do with what Julianne said last week about Mark over-dancing and over-shadowing his partners?

That Bill is such a sweetheart. So is Brant. It was fun to see their stories (or sad, depending which one it was).

It's not my favorite season...it's just ok. I don't blame those of you who aren't watching. You're not really missing much. I just think it's fun to see the fashions and the dancing (well, some of them). And listen to Tom Bergeron's jokes - he's hysterical.

This is the first season my dh is watching with me. He's made me promise NOT to tell any of his friends.

He has a crush on the one from King of Queens. I think she'll go next. I think she has an "attitude" and doesn't try to hide it.

This is the first season my dh is watching with me. He's made me promise NOT to tell any of his friends.

He has a crush on the one from King of Queens. I think she'll go next. I think she has an "attitude" and doesn't try to hide it.

Hi,:) her name is Leah (not sure she spells it like that) and I could

see where she might have an attitude and that is from just watching

the first week.