Fall 2013 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Elizabeth Berkley was also in the cult favorite movie Showgirls, where she was nude a lot, did a lot of very graphic sex scenes and did some very sexy poll dancing. She's probably going to be one of the favorites since she's had a lot of dance training.

I'm surprised by Jack Osborne as he has MS and I'm wondering if the stress of the dancing won't cause a relapse. He says he's got relapsing/remitting MS, but who knows what triggers a relapse?

Can't stand Cristina Millian and like the others, I don't see "star" with her name. Actually, Valerie Harper and Leah Rimini are probably the only true stars in the lineup as they really starred in their TV shows.

For cult movies I'll stick to Barbarella, Brazil, The Evil Dead, Monty Python and the Holy Grail and of course The Rocky Horror Picture Show as my favs.

I'd rather watch Striptease over Show Girls any day, and the book by Carl Hiaasen was much better.

I'm really looking forward to Monday's show, but the eliminations are going to feel weird. I guess no one goes home the first week and then they learn the second dance but can be kicked off at the end of that show by their first weeks scores? :confused: Wow, that sounds even more confusing while I'm trying to type it and it still doesn't match the web site info.

from ABC

"Each couple will be eliminated at the end of each episode by combining the judges’ scores of that night, along with the public votes from the previous week, which will determine who gets eliminated every Monday night"

Brooke's dress appears to be a black two piece, skirt and halter style top.

Although she looks great in it, I guess I'm old fashioned enough to think that 42 is too old to show a midriff gap between the two pieces unless you're at the beach. :rolleyes:

I thought Cheryl's dress was a bit much. That belly button cutout was very distracting.

Some good dancing last night.

She seems to wear that style in short or long once or twice a season.

I don't think it's flattering on her but I guess it's one of her favorites.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Forums mobile app

WAS married to Jonathan Roberts. They supposedly got a divorce a couple years ago. So who is the baby daddy? It's a mystery! I'm hoping she and Jonathan got back together...

Not that I'm any kind of expert, but just from some things I've observed at various competitions (particularly the after parties :D) I'd be pretty surprised if that happened.

I've never met Anna, but Jonathon is an absolute sweetheart. I truly adore him!

ETA: Unless something weird and trippy happens like with Sabrina, I fully expect Amber to be in the finals. Girl can move, and she had some very sound Latin technique. Derek's done a good job with her thus far!

Edited by Strictly Ballroom

Not that I'm any kind of expert, but just from some things I've observed at various competitions (particularly the after parties :D) I'd be pretty surprised if that happened.

I've never met Anna, but Jonathon is an absolute sweetheart. I truly adore him!

ETA: Unless something weird and trippy happens like with Sabrina, I fully expect Amber to be in the finals. Girl can move, and she had some very sound Latin technique. Derek's done a good job with her thus far!

Jonathan Roberts is coming to the dance studio where we take lessons this week to teach two classes. We are not going as I think it is too expensive for a group lesson; however, I told our instructor that if it were Maks teaching, I would pay for both classes!:D

Sherri:)

Edited by sjb317

I watched the recorded show last night, not very excited about the "stars" this season. I did think Amber was really good, also, I was surprised by Snooki aka Nicole. The bottom three lived up to my expectations.

Watched the rest of the show last night. I thought Brooke looked great - she didn't have too much of her midriff showing anyway.

Bill Nye seems to be pretty popular so I have a feeling he's going to stick around awhile, even though it's painful to watch him dance. Keeshon Johnson, the football player, is horrible but probably has a good fan base. It'll be interesting to see who gets eliminated.

I was very impressed with Amber, Corbin (although he may have an unfair advantage and that's why he was judged a little low), Snooki, Elizabeth, Brant. Even the comedian Bill was ok.

Jonathan Roberts is coming to the dance studio where we take lessons this week to teach two classes. We are not going as I think it is too expensive for a group lesson; however, I told our instructor that if it were Maks teaching, I would pay for both classes!:D

Group lessons are probably more reasonable than you realize. You may want to rethink and take advantage of it! It's when you get into private coaching that it runs super expensive. Believe me when I say I speak from experience here.

Group lessons are probably more reasonable than you realize. You may want to rethink and take advantage of it! It's when you get into private coaching that it runs super expensive. Believe me when I say I speak from experience here.

We've done both, and you're right, private coaching is super expensive! But I find I get very little out of group lessons, my attention span is not the best in a group!:D:D So, unless it's Maks, no group lesson for me:D

There were a lot of really good dances, last night--however, quite a few of the 'stars' (I say that reluctantly, as I only know a few) have quite a bit of dance experience; I'm not sure how it's possible to judge fairly someone who has been in movie musicals, danced on Broadway, in a tv show, etc., with those who truly have no dance experience.

At any rate, the dancing was much above the normal first night, with about 3 exceptions, who were those with little to no dance experience.

I didn't like Brooks hair at all, dress was just ok. I too thought Valerie Harper's dress was a little matronly.

I think I will like the new format; the second results night was always just so much filler before the reveals anyway.

HI all!

I finally watched the show last night & thought Brooke looked good. It was quite the show with such high marks the first dance!

Cruisin Crow ~ have to agree about Cheryl's dress! Didn't like the peek a boo belly button or the exposed sides.:eek: I think it makes her look wider!

I felt so sorry for Bill Nye the Science Guy but he wasn't very good at all.

See you next week!

~ Jo ~ :)

Julianne Hough in a Jenny Packham Spring 2014 gown and with Derek.

Hard to wreck a classic tux, so Derek looked wonderful to me and he won for choreography.

I wish Julianne's dress had even a second sheer layer to conceal her legs a little bit more, other than that I am in love with it. Maybe it's the way she stands, but it also looks a bit long in the front,

DerekHoughJulianneHoughEmmy2013_zps3000cc86.jpgjulianne-hough_zpscff86439.jpg

Carrie Ann Inaba's dress doesn't do a thing for me.

181598410_10_zps379d9990.jpg

People must not be watching the show this season because in the past, this was usually a very busy thread. Maybe the show has run it's course and needs to go away?

You might be right, I find that I am not as interested in watching it this year. We will often record it, then watch another time & fast forward through parts of it.

I liked that green color of Brooke's dress also. I try to buy more colors for myself but black is always the easiest to find in plus sizes.

I kept waiting for Elizabeth's red dress to be ripped off during her dance to show something skimpy underneath.

Can't think of the right name at this second but I thought Tony's partner (Leha, lea?) was a tad over taken by the length and volume of her ruffled skirt. I don't think she is as big as she thinks. Amber has more body confidence.

Too bad Valerie messed up some steps but I thought her Spanish gown was very nice for her age.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Forums mobile app

I'm watching it tonight. There are 3 shows on at the same time on Monday (The Voice and How I Met Your Mother and DWTS) so can only watch the shortest one (HIMYM) and then get to bed.

I'm glad Keyshawn was voted out - he was the second to the worst dancer and didn't have that magnetic personality that alot of the past football players had. Now, about that Science Guy :confused:. We'll see how long the fans keep him on there.

I'll comment tomorrow about fashion after I watch the show tonight.

Edited by Sandy Sails

I liked Brooke's gown and hair much better this week. Some of the other costumes were over the top or just not very cute. I especially didn't like Amber's shoes.

I actually enjoyed KeShawn's personality and hated to see him go. I thought he was so much more genuine and charming and not so arrogant and prone to posturing as some of the athletes have been. Notably whoever that guy was last year.

I agree that he was the second worst dancer though; although I like Bill Nye, I don't agree with voting for someone just because you like him.

I think I am a little put off this year because there are so many of the stars who have really extensive dance experience. I'd rather watch a non-dancer learn and improve over the season. And, I think maybe it is all getting a little too familiar.

I liked Brooke's gown and hair much better this week. Some of the other costumes were over the top or just not very cute. I especially didn't like Amber's shoes.

I actually enjoyed KeShawn's personality and hated to see him go. I thought he was so much more genuine and charming and not so arrogant and prone to posturing as some of the athletes have been. Notably whoever that guy was last year.

I agree that he was the second worst dancer though; although I like Bill Nye, I don't agree with voting for someone just because you like him.

I think I am a little put off this year because there are so many of the stars who have really extensive dance experience. I'd rather watch a non-dancer learn and improve over the season. And, I think maybe it is all getting a little too familiar.

The football player from last season was Jacoby Jones of the Baltimore

Ravens.

Thanks, Lois. I knew that name would come to me, probably in the middle of the night. I really didn't like his attitude, although I came to believe it was probably a defense mechanism of some type due to his being uneasy with the limelight, plus a strange sense of humor.